LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

Moss only got one pass thrown his way

Shop Find 49ers gear online
When I watched the throw to Moss live, I thought he really had a chance to catch it. But when they showed the slo-mo replay, you can clearly see that one of the three defenders is underneath and gets his arm in front of Moss and knocks the ball away before Moss had any chance of bringing it in.

Moss had no chance of bringing in that ball.
I think Moss is being saved for the post season, when we need experience and a wrinkle in the O.
This just Florio hoping Moss quits so he can say I told you so.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nannite:
And would he be starting over Brooks? Thats less likely to happen than Jenkins starting over Moss.

What are the chances a second rounder turns out to be better than Brooks over the course of their careers? maybe 5% on average?

We finally have a team talented enough to where the phrase 'you cant truly judge a draft until 3 years later' is true. Lets not pretend that any rookies would contribute much. (last years class was such an aberration that it has skewed our view of what rookies should do)
no no. I am sorry for going off topic,,, I was just trying to make a point about how we could have used that pick for a good back up linebacker and de who can spell brooks and smith, thats all. no big deal. its just me back seat driving after the fact
  • dj43
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
He is doing his job as a decoy, he takes a CB and Safety with him every time he goes deep. I dont see the big deal. The coaching staff sees him practice everyday. Anyone ever think that he just might not be that good anymore?

That would be me.

If he really had anything left, I believe Harbaugh would have him more involved. At this point my speculation is that Harbaugh knows he is not the major threat he once was and is therefore keeping him in a low profile so the rest of the league does not know what JH already has learned. As long as the team is winning that will continue. However, if AJ Jenkins starts to light it up in practice, that will change.
Originally posted by cciowa:
no no. I am sorry for going off topic,,, I was just trying to make a point about how we could have used that pick for a good back up linebacker and de who can spell brooks and smith, thats all. no big deal. its just me back seat driving after the fact

No problem, NT has gotten me combative lately... (and I know im not the only one)
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nannite:

No problem, NT has gotten me combative lately... (and I know im not the only one)
you have nothing to apologize for! understand.
Anyone willing to admit he might be a little more involved if Kaep was the QB?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DirtyP:
probably about 20 people in the entire niner fan base
Originally posted by DirtyP:

• kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
I'm tired of Moss and his whinning. He should be happy he's getting an NFL paycheck.

Moss is whining? I don't think he's said anything.

Well Im glad to be a part of the realistic minority and not the gang of fans with an Alex Smith poster on their bedroom ceiling
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
He is doing his job as a decoy, he takes a CB and Safety with him every time he goes deep. I dont see the big deal. The coaching staff sees him practice everyday. Anyone ever think that he just might not be that good anymore?

That would be me.

If he really had anything left, I believe Harbaugh would have him more involved. At this point my speculation is that Harbaugh knows he is not the major threat he once was and is therefore keeping him in a low profile so the rest of the league does not know what JH already has learned. As long as the team is winning that will continue. However, if AJ Jenkins starts to light it up in practice, that will change.

I was beginning to think this but after seeing him get so wide upon on the out routes or the quick curls, it is obvious that they are playing far, far back on him.

Also, after seeing him nearly wrangle in that ball thrown by Kaep yesterday, Moss has definitely NOT lost it.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jonr422000:
I think Moss is being saved for the post season, when we need experience and a wrinkle in the O.

Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by mayo49:
I'm tired of Moss and his whinning. He should be happy he's getting an NFL paycheck.

Moss is whining? I don't think he's said anything.

Good, he needs to keep his mouth quiet.
Originally posted by JMC52:
Tired about hearing about moss, he took a year off last year and were taken a chance with him, we owe him nothing but a contract, these threads are annoying

If there so annoying than don't even click on them... Duh!!! Moss is the greatsest deep threat in football history and guess what he is wearing the red and gold! So of course in nature people are going to post threads pertaining to an NFL great. We have to give him a shot let him fly down field let's throw it up to him a few times a game. Watch him come down with half those throws. He works to hard to be a decoy!
Share 49ersWebzone