There are 139 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

More Wildcat?

• DRnSFw
  • Veteran
Actually, it's Wolfpack...for his alma mater and to be clearly distinguished from Tebow-ball. CK has mad skills that may rewrite former wildcat offense.
Call our wildcat Gold Rush
Originally posted by 99problems:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by 99problems:
Originally posted by Aacadena:
we should call it the KAEPERCAT
GHAY

IT'S NOT THE WILDCAT

it's read option or pistol

get it right

i havent seen them run the pistol.

they have

really? when cause i havent noticed them in the regular season .
(not calling you a liar just think its sweet if they are)

go on nfl.com and look at the video where the scout breaks down the niners running plays with kap. he mentions how delanie motions into the pistol formation
go on nfl.com and look at the video where the scout breaks down the niners running plays with kap. he mentions how delanie motions into the pistol formation

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/0ap1000000068278/Scout-s-Eye-New-bag-of-tricks-in-San-Francisco

Man we love to switch it up and keep defenses guessing. Just the use of multiple wrs (and other personnel) switching in and out... we can run under center, shotgun, spread, pistol, option, jumbo, etc, etc. The throwing to OL... I mean all this stuff has been done before but very few teams if any change it up like we do.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 2, 2012 at 12:47 AM ]
I think the Wild cat will be there in the pocket in case the offence needs a pick up and go.
Wild Kap
THE WOLFPACK
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
THE WOLFPACK

this
Originally posted by prime21:
Judging from what I saw today, we have the personnel to run a very dangerous Wildcat package. Throw in Lamichael James and we might have something historic. In situations when Alex cant get the job done as was the case today. Kaepernick and friends (Kendall Hunter, Kyle Williams, Ted Ginn, Mario Manningham (who is looking like he should be a starter), and Lamichael James (if activated) can come in and keep the opposing Defenses on their heels. With this mixture of speed and quickness, they can be quite a force. Our OC seems to be very creative and i really have a feeling that we will be seeing more of "Kaep n Company".

*sigh* i wish I could find the thread where I posted about how Harbaugh is building a "bomb". I was referring to the explosiveness between drafting LMJ and Jenkins to go along Kaepernick. It was such a good post too. lol. BUt I agree with you, there is soo much explosive potential between all those names that it scary. I see options between Kap and LMJ, speed options with KAP and LMj, screens to KW or LMJ, reverses to KW and Ginn. hmm im curious, Kyle Williams played baseball at one point, I wonder how much of an arm he has...fly sweep pass from Williams? omg, i think im gettin too ahead of myself
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame

I read someplace recently that the Wildcat is a direct snap to the RB. If that is true, the term sure is being used wrong by a lot of people.
Originally posted by Shaj:

I read someplace recently that the Wildcat is a direct snap to the RB. If that is true, the term sure is being used wrong by a lot of people.

This is what I was thinking. What we run with Kaep is more of a pistol or option offense since hes a QB right?

Now I'm not 100% but I thought the wildcat applied to direct snapping to a running back that had some throwing ability.

We have QB that can also run like a gazelle. Witch i feel is better than any damn gimmicky wildcat formation.
Originally posted by Shaj:

Already been pointed out... But the title lives on
Originally posted by Magzarillious:
It's called opening the play book up, we are fine we will gel more and more as the season goes on. Harbaugh knew they were weak to the run so he exploited it in as many ways as possible. I wish Alex would have hit on a few of those long balls but were fine. 34-0 and fans are on here thinking we're not legit. We just have a ton of weapons and need to learn how to use them all to exploit other teams D.

Well said!