we should call it the KAEPERCAT
GHAY

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
IT'S NOT THE WILDCAT

it's read option or pistol

get it right

i havent seen them run the pistol.

they have
I'd like to see us use it in a no-huddle set when we start getting a Dline tired.
I'd like us to gameplan against our opponents weaknesses and then continue to exploit those weaknesses through a well executed gameplan.

Oops, we're already doing that.
Originally posted by mkmasn:
I'd like us to gameplan against our opponents weaknesses and then continue to exploit those weaknesses through a well executed gameplan.

Sure Why Not, make somebody prove the can stop it.
Originally posted by prime21:
Originally posted by mkmasn:

I find it funny that we incorporate the Wildcat when we play against a team that runs the Wildcat. You'd think that a team that runs it would be better at stopping it than a team that doesn't. Oh well, that's why the NFL doesn't pay me.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I'd like to see us use it in a no-huddle set when we start getting a Dline tired.

O-linemen get tired too, I dont think no huddle would suit us well, but you never know.
Im lost.

I thought the wildcat was when the QB split out wide or leaves the field, and the RB takes the snap? Kaep is just playing QB with plays designed to take advantage of his skill set. Cam Newton and RG3 aren't running the wildcat, neither is Kaep...right?

edit*** Just saw the last page... Apparently Im not the only one annoyed by calling this wildcat.
[ Edited by notsoempty86 on Oct 1, 2012 at 2:01 PM ]
Originally posted by Aacadena:
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
We are not an elite team

Originally posted by SealTeam6:
A play book 5 inches thick and team stacked with play makers and we need the wildcat to beat that Jets team.

I'm kind of embarrassed.

Who's the f**king troll?
He should be embarrassed, about his willingness to make these post.

Seriously. Nobody is suggesting that we transist into a base wildcat offense. Just that we continue to run it as a wrinkle in order to keep opposing teams off balance on defence.

I think they call it the Wolfpack...not the wildcat., and yes more please if it means more Kap!
The novelty generally tends to wear off once teams prepare for it. It also rarely work in the playoffs.

I'm okay with doing it for certain matchups but it's not something I would want to rely on.
Originally posted by 99problems:
GHAY

IT'S NOT THE WILDCAT

get it right

they have

really? when cause i havent noticed them in the regular season .
(not calling you a liar just think its sweet if they are)
Originally posted by Wubbie:
I'm interested in this showing up for a couple times in a game, but as everyone says, it's a very limited style of offense.

I wonder if they have a package where both Alex AND Kaep are in the play. People don't remember this, but Alex Smith, can run the option as well, and it really gives teams something to think about.

ACTUALLY Yesterday there was a play call that no one is talking about. Right before the Jets took one of their timeouts (second half I believe but i could be wrong) I saw number 7 at the bottom of my screen lined up at the wr.. and Alex going under center. The Jets called a time out. When we came back from commercial break it was a different package on the field. BUT I wonder what the play originally was suppose to be...
GHAY

IT'S NOT THE WILDCAT

get it right

they have

really? when cause i havent noticed them in the regular season .
(not calling you a liar just think its sweet if they are)

Pistol has QB in shotgun with rb directly behind him, rather than to the side. We ran it at least twice yesterday
Share 49ersWebzone