LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 217 users in the forums

More Wildcat?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This will add a much needed dimension to our offense. Imagine kaepernick and LaMichael in the backfiled thats a whole lot of speed
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
naw, it was just a slap in Tebow's face.
no thanks

As a change up once a game on a 3rd and short is good but lets not get carried away.

There is a reason no team runs it on a regular basis, it isn't gonna win a Superbowl.
Tazer
let's just call it option... when I think wildcat I think two RBs in Miami.

And definitely don't call it tazer. When I hear that I think of Jimmy Raye, Spurlock or whatever clowns he wanted running it. That was a joke.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 30, 2012 at 8:49 PM ]
Not a fan of it honestly. Gimmick crap can bite you in the ass.
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
A play book 5 inches thick and team stacked with play makers and we need the wildcat to beat that Jets team.

I'm kind of embarrassed.

Well don't be. We dont have an elite QB. We have two QBs who are good at different things. Alex is great at intermediate routes, managing the tempo and diagnosing blitzes/coverages. Kaep is good at running and throwing deep. Alex is not the complete package. He is good at what he does but he cannot do it all. Call me crazy, but its almost been a season and a half under Harbaugh and we still havent opened up the playbook. Andrew Luck has more faith from his coaching staff then Alex has from his (as far as playcalling goes). Im totally Ok with Alex at QB, just dont expect him to do much more than he has already done. If we're winning, it shouldnt matter how, just be happy that our coaches were creative enough to create a game plan that can work around Alex's deficiencies. If we happen to have a backup plan that is our version of the Wildcat, Im good with that too.
Originally posted by prime21:
A play book 5 inches thick and team stacked with play makers and we need the wildcat to beat that Jets team.

I'm kind of embarrassed.

Well don't be. We dont have an elite QB. We have two QBs who are good at different things. Alex is great at intermediate routes, managing the tempo and diagnosing blitzes/coverages. Kaep is good at running and throwing deep. Alex is not the complete package. He is good at what he does but he cannot do it all. Call me crazy, but its almost been a season and a half under Harbaugh and we still havent opened up the playbook. Andrew Luck has more faith from his coaching staff then Alex has from his (as far as playcalling goes). Im totally Ok with Alex at QB, just dont expect him to do much more than he has already done. If we're winning, it shouldnt matter how, just be happy that our coaches were creative enough to create a game plan that can work around Alex's deficiencies. If we happen to have a backup plan that is our version of the Wildcat, Im good with that too.

how exactly can you judge Kaps deep ball right now? can you also tell me about James and Jenkins
Originally posted by jreff22:

I'm kind of embarrassed.

how exactly can you judge Kaps deep ball right now? can you also tell me about James and Jenkins

Harbaugh/Roman called the deep ball ... So there's some what trust in his deep ball
It's been successful almost every time we try it. So there is no reason not to do it.

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I'm kind of embarrassed.

Harbaugh/Roman called the deep ball ... So there's some what trust in his deep ball
letting him do it once and saying he's good at throwing deep are wildly different.

I'm kind of embarrassed.

letting him do it once and saying he's good at throwing deep are wildly different.

Yeah you're right damn you harbaugh for jeopardizing the game!!
more cow-bell

I'm kind of embarrassed.

Yeah you're right damn you harbaugh for jeopardizing the game!!

There's this kid we're gonna draft come April. How does he look?

I'm kind of embarrassed.

Share 49ersWebzone