There are 133 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What will it take to be a passing team again.

Originally posted by tjd808185:
Doesn't matter still ranked 32nd during the regular season didn't they. Post season they had less than 100 against us, less than 100 against New England. Blew up for 1 game, less than 100 against Green Bay. Statisically irrelvant.

False.

The Giants rushed for 114 yards against the Patriots. They ran for 95 against the Packers and 85 against the 49ers.

Your assertion of the Packers ranked last in rushing in 2010 was false as well.

The 2009 Super Bowl Champion Steelers ranked 9th in rushing that year.
Doesn't matter still ranked 32nd during the regular season didn't they.

Originally posted by redrathman:
False.

The Giants rushed for 114 yards against the Patriots. They ran for 95 against the Packers and 85 against the 49ers.

Your assertion of the Packers ranked last in rushing in 2010 was false as well.

The 2009 Super Bowl Champion Steelers ranked 9th in rushing that year.

I admit to being wrong about the Pack (24th compared to 32nd), oh how dare I, and I was 14 yards off on the Patriots.

Still passing teams by a mile though and let's look at some of your misguided stats. While not being false Eli thru for 296 yards in the Super Bowl. OMG 4 yards off from 300 they must be a rushing team.

Arizona, Indy, and New England the Super Bowl runner ups had terrible rushing attacks as well. 3/4 of the last Super Bowl runner ups have no had no rushing attack and 2/4 of the last champs have had no rushing attack. New Orleans had terrific balance during their run.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 29, 2012 at 11:57 PM ]
I admit to being wrong about the Pack (24th compared to 32nd), oh how dare I, and I was 14 yards off on the Patriots.

Still passing teams by a mile though and let's look at some of your misguided stats. While not being false Eli thru for 296 yards in the Super Bowl. OMG 4 yards off from 300 they must be a rushing team.

Who said anything about the Giants being a rushing team?

You made a statement that he last two Super Bowl teams were last in the league in rushing. I responded with statistics indicating that while the Giants might have been last in the regular season, their performance in the playoffs proved that rushing the football led to success.

As you might recall, they finished 9-7 during the regular season.
Not sure what to make out of the argument for alex. I want lap to take over because he willhave a better career than alex in terms of production a's a qb. Yards per game & TSS totals is a reflection of the qbs play. There is not a tradeoff between stats & wins. Who cares if alex can win with this team because most qbs in the NFL can win with this team. Kap can bring another element to the offense & team. I would take the last 10 superbowl winning qbs, because they are better than alex. Kap is the future hopefully he gets a shot with this defense and running game to help him.
[ Edited by fister30 on Sep 30, 2012 at 12:09 AM ]
Originally posted by redrathman:
Who said anything about the Giants being a rushing team?

You made a statement that he last two Super Bowl teams were last in the league in rushing. I responded with statistics indicating that while the Giants might have been last in the regular season, their performance in the playoffs proved that rushing the football led to success.

As you might recall, they finished 9-7 during the regular season.

They scrapped together some good rushing games in the post season (same can be said about Green Bay). Hell you can argue that Peyton Manning was at his worse during the playoffs when he won the Super Bowl.

Those still weren't good rushing football teams. The argument here is people don't want to be a team built to pass the football because for some strange they believe they don't succeed. Just not true. There's plenty of pass heavy football teams that won in the playoffs even if they had to find a way to balance it when it matters. The same goes in reverse. Last year we had turn up the notch on our passing attack to get by the Saints.

Everyone would love to be balanced all of the time but that's a tall order with the salary cap. Right now we have that luxury but this is more of a long term conversation.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 30, 2012 at 12:30 AM ]
a competent qb , i agree another 7 yrs
Originally posted by fister30:
Not sure what to make out of the argument for alex. I want lap to take over because he willhave a better career than alex in terms of production a's a qb. Yards per game & TSS totals is a reflection of the qbs play. There is not a tradeoff between stats & wins. Who cares if alex can win with this team because most qbs in the NFL can win with this team. Kap can bring another element to the offense & team. I would take the last 10 superbowl winning qbs, because they are better than alex. Kap is the future hopefully he gets a shot with this defense and running game to help him.

But right now you don't know this. It is just an opinion. If and when Kaepernick starts, he could be a total bust. I am assuming that Harbaugh, whose job depends on our results, has compared the two and assessed Smith as the best option. If it were close I imagine he would be trying to give Kaepernick some playing time. But he isn't. So either Harbaugh, a known qb developer, is wrong or Kaepernick is not ready yet.

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by westcoastchamp:
See i thin J.H is a passing Coach but he just knows we dont have the team for it. thats why he looked a Payton M. in the off season the first chance he gets to get a brady brees type QB he will.

he ran a 50/50 split at Stanford for the most part

I think the numbers were more like 55/45 in favor of the run actually.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I wanted Dez Bryant with the 17th pick, but happy with Iupati.

Glad we didn't take that headcase.
Originally posted by solidg2000:
why become a passing team, this year passing team means losing
New England Patriots 1 2
Denver Broncos 1 2
Green Bay Packers 1 2
Detroit Lions 1 2
New Orleans Saints 0 3

only exception to the rule this year
Atlanta Falcons 3 0

You are aware that the 32nd ranked rushing attack has won the Super Bowl the last 2 years right?

I think we all know that New England and Green Bay will get their sh*t together. You're forgetting the Giants. Denver is not necessarily a passing team with McGahee. They're balanced. I'll give you Detroit but they're overrated. You're talking about a wildcard team that got humiliated in the 1st round. Never that good of a team in the 1st place. New Orleans is an anomaly. They don't count. Their problems kind of have to do with Bountygate.

Not too mention that we're 3 weeks into the year and only have 3 undefeated teams left. Alot of 1-2 and 2-1 football teams.

And you are aware that because the past two years has absolutely no bearing on anything gives your argument no basis, right?

For every year a predominately passing team has won, we can give you a predominately rushing team. For every year a team with a great offense won, we can give you a year where a team with a great defense won.

And it amazes me that you agree these teams ended up having to be balanced in order to win the Super Bowl, and you somehow think a balanced team the entire season won't, or has less of a chance of winning it.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
very simple. you continue with a balenced attack. did you forget we had roger craig and ricky waters to go along with our passing game. When we started to hit the wall is when we pooh poohed the running game. I will not even bother to list the running backs of the 90's who failed.I know some want to make this to be a alex smith ck thing but I will not take the bait. in teh first two games we were pretty well balenced between throwing scores, running scores and field goals. one loss to the vikings does not undoe that and he should not all of a sudden make us question what we do. Jh likes balence, his history shows he likes balence. He is not going to all of a sudden change gears. no matter who your quarterback is, you must have balence in the universe
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
To answer your question in the title, a new Head Coach.
what do you know,,, some guy called you a troll the other day! I am sorry but that was classic
Originally posted by cciowa:
To answer your question in the title, a new Head Coach.
what do you know,,, some guy called you a troll the other day! I am sorry but that was classic

And, as I said in that thread, why did we let you back in Chuck?

Lol!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
And, as I said in that thread, why did we let you back in Chuck?

Lol!
I know this its all good fun and overall, no one takes anything to serious but really really,,, when i read that post calling you a troll, my mouth did drop! its 8;30 here in iowa english but it must be pretty early where you live. mods get no rest. a nice time to be on here with only a few posters!
I think our team offense would need a complete over haul. the only 3 people I could see in a pass happy offense are VD, Manningham, and Crabs. Hunter would probably be our hb because whoever would turn us into that would see gores age and say bye bye. but for what we are now our personal is perfect we have all the parts in place just need to start the engine and hope for no knocking (see viking game)