There are 306 users in the forums

What will it take to be a passing team again.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by English:
And, as I said in that thread, why did we let you back in Chuck?

Lol!
I know this its all good fun and overall, no one takes anything to serious but really really,,, when i read that post calling you a troll, my mouth did drop! its 8;30 here in iowa english but it must be pretty early where you live. mods get no rest. a nice time to be on here with only a few posters!

I actually only caught that post because of your subsequent remark in the thread. So I went back looking for the post and Lo! 25% and a suspension happened!

Sometimes it is kind of nice to be on a different time. When I check out the zone in the morning, all the sh#t has happened and I just have to clean it up! Generally there is still one or two buzzed-out Californian hippies who can't get to sleep, still on line but that is it.

Then after a while the NY contingent come on line and everything starts to warm up.

I am like the night shift.
[ Edited by English on Sep 30, 2012 at 8:00 AM ]
Originally posted by westcoastchamp:
I was just sitting here thinking about it and i think were stuck as a ground and pound. we built our oline around run line men and when we go to pass it just seems awkward like our team just is out of there element i really miss the days of Montana Young it was exciting. im so tired of every weekend at the edge of my seat yealling at the tv and last sec wins or losses i think im losing hair from it. all i want is one game of 500 yards of passsing and a 60-0 game just to enjoy i big win. so my question is to my 49er fans is what do you think it will take for our fomula to change do we need wrs like CJ and Julio Jones. or can we do it with Moss Mann. and crabs and just start taking more shots down field i really think with our run game if we just did some more PA pass deep we could really take Teams off guard. i also think if we could back teams up mare our run would be even better. whats you guys thoughts on this and please dont think im not happy that we have a good team i just want to be a great team.
Run or pass it dosent matter ! We need to score 4 TDs and 2 FG s PER game ! 30 points or better a game will get it done ! Score Score Score !
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for Irish40Niner.
[b]KAEPERNICK.
Originally posted by mkmasn:
And you are aware that because the past two years has absolutely no bearing on anything gives your argument no basis, right?

For every year a predominately passing team has won, we can give you a predominately rushing team. For every year a team with a great offense won, we can give you a year where a team with a great defense won.

And it amazes me that you agree these teams ended up having to be balanced in order to win the Super Bowl, and you somehow think a balanced team the entire season won't, or has less of a chance of winning it.

If you followed the entire conversation that would help. I'm responding to someone who is saying teams that pass the ball all of the time don't win. I didn't say anything along the lines of rushing football teams can't win either.

We have a balanced football team right now but eventually balancing the cap makes that a daunting task.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 30, 2012 at 1:19 PM ]
To answer your question in the title, a new Head Coach.

The same coach and a maturing QB, hand-picked by him. Coming soon.
Originally posted by Allx9er:
For Pete's sake just call a game plan that calls for 1-2 more calculated shots down field.

It will take CK to be the starting qb big plays happen when he is on the field.!
Originally posted by Irish40Niner:
[b]KAEPERNICK.

Cosigned...
Originally posted by ayetee:

Maybe but right now there is absolutely no evidence that Harbaugh is considering this and (from the little playing time Kaepernick got today) some to suggest that he just is not. I can't see a change which is not forced by injury, this season.
I'm happy we actually took shots down the field today... They weren't completed but we actually too shots... The completions will come with time... Great win for the team
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by nannite:
Originally posted by susweel:
Better WRs, better OL, better RBs, better TEs and better coaching.

wow, we would have to improve in a lot of areas to field a team that would finish with the same record.

Yes all those areas are subpar according to some.
Absolutely. The only reason we were 13-3 last year and are 3-1 so far is that we have the best 49er QB ever who carried the whole team on his back and will give us our sixth SB this year.

Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
I'm happy we actually took shots down the field today... They weren't completed but we actually too shots... The completions will come with time... Great win for the team

I agree. At least we are taking shots down field. Even if they are not completed, the D has to be aware of the deep pass and they cannot play press and bump and run without thinking twice.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by westcoastchamp:
See i thin J.H is a passing Coach but he just knows we dont have the team for it. thats why he looked a Payton M. in the off season the first chance he gets to get a brady brees type QB he will.

he ran a 50/50 split at Stanford for the most part

This isn't Stanford. If we had a QB he felt could carry the team through the air, we'd switch to a passing team. If any of the league's top passing teams had an elite defense like we do, they would probably be Super Bowl bound every season. The pass trumps the run in the NFL. Sure, we've beaten passing teams - because of our defense - but if the defense wasn't elite we lose those games. We wouldn't have been able to keep up.

The formula we use now obviously works, but a more explosive offense would make the wins so much easier.
Originally posted by ayetee:

Maybe but right now there is absolutely no evidence that Harbaugh is considering this and (from the little playing time Kaepernick got today) some to suggest that he just is not. I can't see a change which is not forced by injury, this season.

I hope you're right. Frankly, given Smith's history, I can't help but think that Harbaugh is playing with dynamite right now. It's fine to be creative, but I'm not sure you really want to be goofing around with your starting QB too much. It just seems awfully dangerous, given Smith's history.

That being the case, Kaepernick did look pretty good today.
At least we finally took a shot down field. That's a start.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by mkmasn:
And you are aware that because the past two years has absolutely no bearing on anything gives your argument no basis, right?

For every year a predominately passing team has won, we can give you a predominately rushing team. For every year a team with a great offense won, we can give you a year where a team with a great defense won.

And it amazes me that you agree these teams ended up having to be balanced in order to win the Super Bowl, and you somehow think a balanced team the entire season won't, or has less of a chance of winning it.

If you followed the entire conversation that would help. I'm responding to someone who is saying teams that pass the ball all of the time don't win. I didn't say anything along the lines of rushing football teams can't win either.

We have a balanced football team right now but eventually balancing the cap makes that a daunting task.

I'll tone it down then. Sorry.

Balancing the cap shouldn't be a problem. When you have a balanced attack, you don't have 6 star players eating up your space. Baalke is playing moneyball like the Pats. And he's damn good at it. They've already determined how many touches, yards, TDs each player is going to have and given them contracts full of incentives. They are managing who is going to reach those incentives. It's like getting an end of year bonus. You do good work, we'll give you that TD. You get it yourself by breaking a long run, even better, here's your money.
Share 49ersWebzone