There are 676 users in the forums
What will it take to be a passing team again.
Sep 30, 2012 at 3:03 PM
- pdizo916
- Member
- Posts: 38,241
a quarterback that can pass the ball deep.
Sep 30, 2012 at 3:04 PM
- at49
- Veteran
- Posts: 2
Jerry Rice..
Sep 30, 2012 at 3:13 PM
- susweel
- Hall of Nepal
- Posts: 122,149
Wasn't this the year Alex had weapons and the offense was gonna open up ?
Sep 30, 2012 at 3:21 PM
- Jaci
- Veteran
- Posts: 313
Ok, I don't really post on here too often. Mostly I just browse but I would like to ask a question that I wonder almost every week whenever I see the various threads on this board- Does anyone ever enjoy a victory on here....ever? For all I know (like I said I don't post on here too much) this may be a question that gets deleted or is not correct in the thread I don't know but it seemed just a good place to ask this as any.
I mean, complaining because they aren't winning the 'right way'? If the you of the years of 2 victories could see that question, I think you would have to smack yourself. I have friends that are Lions fans, Dolphines fans, Browns fans etc. and if I told them that after a 34-0 victory people were whining because it's not 'Montana Football' I think it would baffle them. Of course it baffles me. We are a run team with a power defense. It works. Deal with it. Maybe someday that will change, however don't sap the joy of winning because it wasn't 60 to nothing and all the tds were passes. Also, saying we can't win if our defense isn't dominate...well, duh. Our defense is our crown jewel. Somehow people see that as a negative thing because they are stuck in the 80's. If the defense doesn't play dominate of course it will be much harder to win. The same works for offensive teams as well (please see the colts when Manning was out last year).
So the question I thought is why is it so hard for people to let that go? The fact that we win different now and I think perhaps it is an age thing. I am a much younger fan so I'm use to how the Niners play now, I've only see the 80's in highlights. If you lived it I can see how it's hard to let go. Niners fans are spoiled, bottom line. But having a championship defense and a top tier offense is difficult in this day and age. Would you rather the Niners be a Cam Newton team (i'm seriously asking this, it's an interesting question). Obviously having a good qb but no balance doesn't work. I still believe defenses win championships (seeing the Saints, Packers get kicked in the playoffs helped prove that). Like I said, maybe it's an age thing. These are my thoughts on the matter. Take it or leave it. See you later.
I mean, complaining because they aren't winning the 'right way'? If the you of the years of 2 victories could see that question, I think you would have to smack yourself. I have friends that are Lions fans, Dolphines fans, Browns fans etc. and if I told them that after a 34-0 victory people were whining because it's not 'Montana Football' I think it would baffle them. Of course it baffles me. We are a run team with a power defense. It works. Deal with it. Maybe someday that will change, however don't sap the joy of winning because it wasn't 60 to nothing and all the tds were passes. Also, saying we can't win if our defense isn't dominate...well, duh. Our defense is our crown jewel. Somehow people see that as a negative thing because they are stuck in the 80's. If the defense doesn't play dominate of course it will be much harder to win. The same works for offensive teams as well (please see the colts when Manning was out last year).
So the question I thought is why is it so hard for people to let that go? The fact that we win different now and I think perhaps it is an age thing. I am a much younger fan so I'm use to how the Niners play now, I've only see the 80's in highlights. If you lived it I can see how it's hard to let go. Niners fans are spoiled, bottom line. But having a championship defense and a top tier offense is difficult in this day and age. Would you rather the Niners be a Cam Newton team (i'm seriously asking this, it's an interesting question). Obviously having a good qb but no balance doesn't work. I still believe defenses win championships (seeing the Saints, Packers get kicked in the playoffs helped prove that). Like I said, maybe it's an age thing. These are my thoughts on the matter. Take it or leave it. See you later.
Sep 30, 2012 at 3:22 PM
- mkmasn
- Member
- Posts: 1,329
Originally posted by Jaci:
Ok, I don't really post on here too often. Mostly I just browse but I would like to ask a question that I wonder almost every week whenever I see the various threads on this board- Does anyone ever enjoy a victory on here....ever? For all I know (like I said I don't post on here too much) this may be a question that gets deleted or is not correct in the thread I don't know but it seemed just a good place to ask this as any.
I mean, complaining because they aren't winning the 'right way'? If the you of the years of 2 victories could see that question, I think you would have to smack yourself. I have friends that are Lions fans, Dolphines fans, Browns fans etc. and if I told them that after a 34-0 victory people were whining because it's not 'Montana Football' I think it would baffle them. Of course it baffles me. We are a run team with a power defense. It works. Deal with it. Maybe someday that will change, however don't sap the joy of winning because it wasn't 60 to nothing and all the tds were passes. Also, saying we can't win if our defense isn't dominate...well, duh. Our defense is our crown jewel. Somehow people see that as a negative thing because they are stuck in the 80's. If the defense doesn't play dominate of course it will be much harder to win. The same works for offensive teams as well (please see the colts when Manning was out last year).
So the question I thought is why is it so hard for people to let that go? The fact that we win different now and I think perhaps it is an age thing. I am a much younger fan so I'm use to how the Niners play now, I've only see the 80's in highlights. If you lived it I can see how it's hard to let go. Niners fans are spoiled, bottom line. But having a championship defense and a top tier offense is difficult in this day and age. Would you rather the Niners be a Cam Newton team (i'm seriously asking this, it's an interesting question). Obviously having a good qb but no balance doesn't work. I still believe defenses win championships (seeing the Saints, Packers get kicked in the playoffs helped prove that). Like I said, maybe it's an age thing. These are my thoughts on the matter. Take it or leave it. See you later.
Good third post. You should post more often.
Sep 30, 2012 at 3:31 PM
- captveg
- Veteran
- Posts: 29,758
Originally posted by mkmasn:
Originally posted by Jaci:
Ok, I don't really post on here too often. Mostly I just browse but I would like to ask a question that I wonder almost every week whenever I see the various threads on this board- Does anyone ever enjoy a victory on here....ever? For all I know (like I said I don't post on here too much) this may be a question that gets deleted or is not correct in the thread I don't know but it seemed just a good place to ask this as any.
I mean, complaining because they aren't winning the 'right way'? If the you of the years of 2 victories could see that question, I think you would have to smack yourself. I have friends that are Lions fans, Dolphines fans, Browns fans etc. and if I told them that after a 34-0 victory people were whining because it's not 'Montana Football' I think it would baffle them. Of course it baffles me. We are a run team with a power defense. It works. Deal with it. Maybe someday that will change, however don't sap the joy of winning because it wasn't 60 to nothing and all the tds were passes. Also, saying we can't win if our defense isn't dominate...well, duh. Our defense is our crown jewel. Somehow people see that as a negative thing because they are stuck in the 80's. If the defense doesn't play dominate of course it will be much harder to win. The same works for offensive teams as well (please see the colts when Manning was out last year).
So the question I thought is why is it so hard for people to let that go? The fact that we win different now and I think perhaps it is an age thing. I am a much younger fan so I'm use to how the Niners play now, I've only see the 80's in highlights. If you lived it I can see how it's hard to let go. Niners fans are spoiled, bottom line. But having a championship defense and a top tier offense is difficult in this day and age. Would you rather the Niners be a Cam Newton team (i'm seriously asking this, it's an interesting question). Obviously having a good qb but no balance doesn't work. I still believe defenses win championships (seeing the Saints, Packers get kicked in the playoffs helped prove that). Like I said, maybe it's an age thing. These are my thoughts on the matter. Take it or leave it. See you later.
Good third post. You should post more often.
Sep 30, 2012 at 3:36 PM
- jonr422000
- Veteran
- Posts: 117
Why can't you be happy with a winning football team. SHUTUP AND ENJOY WINNING!!!!!
Sep 30, 2012 at 3:44 PM
- BrianGO
- Veteran
- Posts: 10,300
Originally posted by Jaci:
Ok, I don't really post on here too often. Mostly I just browse but I would like to ask a question that I wonder almost every week whenever I see the various threads on this board- Does anyone ever enjoy a victory on here....ever? For all I know (like I said I don't post on here too much) this may be a question that gets deleted or is not correct in the thread I don't know but it seemed just a good place to ask this as any.
I mean, complaining because they aren't winning the 'right way'? If the you of the years of 2 victories could see that question, I think you would have to smack yourself. I have friends that are Lions fans, Dolphines fans, Browns fans etc. and if I told them that after a 34-0 victory people were whining because it's not 'Montana Football' I think it would baffle them. Of course it baffles me. We are a run team with a power defense. It works. Deal with it. Maybe someday that will change, however don't sap the joy of winning because it wasn't 60 to nothing and all the tds were passes. Also, saying we can't win if our defense isn't dominate...well, duh. Our defense is our crown jewel. Somehow people see that as a negative thing because they are stuck in the 80's. If the defense doesn't play dominate of course it will be much harder to win. The same works for offensive teams as well (please see the colts when Manning was out last year).
So the question I thought is why is it so hard for people to let that go? The fact that we win different now and I think perhaps it is an age thing. I am a much younger fan so I'm use to how the Niners play now, I've only see the 80's in highlights. If you lived it I can see how it's hard to let go. Niners fans are spoiled, bottom line. But having a championship defense and a top tier offense is difficult in this day and age. Would you rather the Niners be a Cam Newton team (i'm seriously asking this, it's an interesting question). Obviously having a good qb but no balance doesn't work. I still believe defenses win championships (seeing the Saints, Packers get kicked in the playoffs helped prove that). Like I said, maybe it's an age thing. These are my thoughts on the matter. Take it or leave it. See you later.
The thread is titled, "What will it take to be a passing team again?" Which is what some people want to discuss. A lot passing has to due with quarterbacking. If you don't like the thread, you don't have to post in it. You can create a separate thread called, "Enjoy the Jets win thread", you can post a hundred smiley faces or whatever in that thread if it makes you and others happy.
People should be able to discuss football in a football fan forum whenever they want. After a win, after a loss, after a tie, during the game, after the game, before the game, during the off-season; whether we are 16-0 or 0-16.
This is a football forum, not a party, not a family get-together, not a holiday or birthday celebration. Simply typing, "YIPPPEEEE!!!" after a win without discussing what happened in the game, both good and bad, is kind of boring and pointless IMO.
Sep 30, 2012 at 3:48 PM
- Bay2Bay9erAllday
- Veteran
- Posts: 11,802
Originally posted by BrianGO:On point
Originally posted by Jaci:
Ok, I don't really post on here too often. Mostly I just browse but I would like to ask a question that I wonder almost every week whenever I see the various threads on this board- Does anyone ever enjoy a victory on here....ever? For all I know (like I said I don't post on here too much) this may be a question that gets deleted or is not correct in the thread I don't know but it seemed just a good place to ask this as any.
I mean, complaining because they aren't winning the 'right way'? If the you of the years of 2 victories could see that question, I think you would have to smack yourself. I have friends that are Lions fans, Dolphines fans, Browns fans etc. and if I told them that after a 34-0 victory people were whining because it's not 'Montana Football' I think it would baffle them. Of course it baffles me. We are a run team with a power defense. It works. Deal with it. Maybe someday that will change, however don't sap the joy of winning because it wasn't 60 to nothing and all the tds were passes. Also, saying we can't win if our defense isn't dominate...well, duh. Our defense is our crown jewel. Somehow people see that as a negative thing because they are stuck in the 80's. If the defense doesn't play dominate of course it will be much harder to win. The same works for offensive teams as well (please see the colts when Manning was out last year).
So the question I thought is why is it so hard for people to let that go? The fact that we win different now and I think perhaps it is an age thing. I am a much younger fan so I'm use to how the Niners play now, I've only see the 80's in highlights. If you lived it I can see how it's hard to let go. Niners fans are spoiled, bottom line. But having a championship defense and a top tier offense is difficult in this day and age. Would you rather the Niners be a Cam Newton team (i'm seriously asking this, it's an interesting question). Obviously having a good qb but no balance doesn't work. I still believe defenses win championships (seeing the Saints, Packers get kicked in the playoffs helped prove that). Like I said, maybe it's an age thing. These are my thoughts on the matter. Take it or leave it. See you later.
The thread is titled, "What will it take to be a passing team again?" Which is what some people want to discuss. A lot passing has to due with quarterbacking. If you don't like the thread, you don't have to post in it. You can create a separate thread called, "Enjoy the Jets win thread", you can post a hundred smiley faces or whatever in that thread if it makes you and others happy.
People should be able to discuss football in a football fan forum whenever they want. After a win, after a loss, after a tie, during the game, after the game, before the game, during the off-season; whether we are 16-0 or 0-16.
This is a football forum, not a party, not a family get-together, not a holiday or birthday celebration. Simply typing, "YIPPPEEEE!!!" after a win without discussing what happened in the game, both good and bad, is kind of boring and pointless IMO.
Sep 30, 2012 at 3:55 PM
- mkmasn
- Member
- Posts: 1,329
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Jaci:
Ok, I don't really post on here too often. Mostly I just browse but I would like to ask a question that I wonder almost every week whenever I see the various threads on this board- Does anyone ever enjoy a victory on here....ever? For all I know (like I said I don't post on here too much) this may be a question that gets deleted or is not correct in the thread I don't know but it seemed just a good place to ask this as any.
I mean, complaining because they aren't winning the 'right way'? If the you of the years of 2 victories could see that question, I think you would have to smack yourself. I have friends that are Lions fans, Dolphines fans, Browns fans etc. and if I told them that after a 34-0 victory people were whining because it's not 'Montana Football' I think it would baffle them. Of course it baffles me. We are a run team with a power defense. It works. Deal with it. Maybe someday that will change, however don't sap the joy of winning because it wasn't 60 to nothing and all the tds were passes. Also, saying we can't win if our defense isn't dominate...well, duh. Our defense is our crown jewel. Somehow people see that as a negative thing because they are stuck in the 80's. If the defense doesn't play dominate of course it will be much harder to win. The same works for offensive teams as well (please see the colts when Manning was out last year).
So the question I thought is why is it so hard for people to let that go? The fact that we win different now and I think perhaps it is an age thing. I am a much younger fan so I'm use to how the Niners play now, I've only see the 80's in highlights. If you lived it I can see how it's hard to let go. Niners fans are spoiled, bottom line. But having a championship defense and a top tier offense is difficult in this day and age. Would you rather the Niners be a Cam Newton team (i'm seriously asking this, it's an interesting question). Obviously having a good qb but no balance doesn't work. I still believe defenses win championships (seeing the Saints, Packers get kicked in the playoffs helped prove that). Like I said, maybe it's an age thing. These are my thoughts on the matter. Take it or leave it. See you later.
The thread is titled, "What will it take to be a passing team again?" Which is what some people want to discuss. A lot passing has to due with quarterbacking. If you don't like the thread, you don't have to post in it. You can create a separate thread called, "Enjoy the Jets win thread", you can post a hundred smiley faces or whatever in that thread if it makes you and others happy.
People should be able to discuss football in a football fan forum whenever they want. After a win, after a loss, after a tie, during the game, after the game, before the game, during the off-season; whether we are 16-0 or 0-16.
This is a football forum, not a party, not a family get-together, not a holiday or birthday celebration. Simply typing, "YIPPPEEEE!!!" after a win without discussing what happened in the game, both good and bad, is kind of boring and pointless IMO.
That's what he's doing, discussing football. And sorry, he's right on point. Most of the posts on this forum are about turning our team into a spread offense because ESPN says it's the only way to win. And they don't understand our personnel's strengths and weaknesses. And they want their fantasy team to win. And they want Aaron Rodgers to be our QB. And they want Megatron to be our receiver. And they want. And they want some more.
Why is it that we can have a blowout of 34-0 and people say it's difficult to enjoy that game? Because our QB didn't throw for 300+ yards, even though we rushed for 245. They want highlights and shootouts, not football. They want Madden, not NFL.
But way to stick it to the guy who feels compelled to post his third post on the board. Good job.
Sep 30, 2012 at 4:00 PM
- rk1642
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,324
Originally posted by English:
To answer your question in the title, a new Head Coach.
perfection!
I really don't get why some struggle with this?
We are winning and getting better by the week.
Even the great Joe Montana said it will take us 2-3 years to become totally efficent in the WCO but then what would the greatest qb of all time know about the WCO?
Sep 30, 2012 at 4:27 PM
- BrianGO
- Veteran
- Posts: 10,300
Originally posted by mkmasn:
That's what he's doing, discussing football. And sorry, he's right on point. Most of the posts on this forum are about turning our team into a spread offense because ESPN says it's the only way to win. And they don't understand our personnel's strengths and weaknesses. And they want their fantasy team to win. And they want Aaron Rodgers to be our QB. And they want Megatron to be our receiver. And they want. And they want some more.
Why is it that we can have a blowout of 34-0 and people say it's difficult to enjoy that game? Because our QB didn't throw for 300+ yards, even though we rushed for 245. They want highlights and shootouts, not football. They want Madden, not NFL.
But way to stick it to the guy who feels compelled to post his third post on the board. Good job.
Didn't mean to "stick it to him", he might not know that many others have said or implied the same thing, and I felt I had to take a stand.
"Does anyone ever enjoy a victory on here....ever?" That was his main point, and it's what I have a problem with.
The fan forum is for discussing football. Discussing football is not about being positive all the time, or negative all the time. It's about discussing both the negative and positive from all situations. What is wrong with that? Because its time to celebrate? I can't agree with that. If people want to celebrate, they can go make a celebration thread, or they can go to a friends house or they can go to the game.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Sep 30, 2012 at 4:37 PM ]
Sep 30, 2012 at 4:36 PM
- Tru2RedNGold25
- Veteran
- Posts: 8,024
Get a new QB
Sep 30, 2012 at 5:12 PM
- TexasNiner915
- Veteran
- Posts: 151
Yipppppie
Sep 30, 2012 at 5:28 PM
- Niner_Fan
- Veteran
- Posts: 49
Alex Smith will never get us where we want to be he can not get the ball in the endzone the offense struggles to score points the sooner that's realized the better off the ball team will be, we only won today because the Jets played so badly it was no thanks to Smith our offense struggled even thought they put up 34 points Akers even missed twice today the touchdowns were rushing touchdowns one by the backup QB