LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 222 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS BUFFALO BILLS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 5)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
#5 Defense vs. #9 Offense

#18 Offense vs. #27 Defense

Should be fun!!!

Glad we got Whitner for this game!!!

First time playing his old team. Hope he gets a pick 6.

Originally posted by MontanaSBGod:
Yes.. unleash Colin Kaepernick!

ugh! fixed
Originally posted by Kolohe:
#5 Defense vs. #9 Offense

#18 Offense vs. #27 Defense

Should be fun!!!

Glad we got Whitner for this game!!!

padded stats for them
I do like our chances in this game and think there is gonna be more points scored than in most of our games.

If we don't pressure Fitz, he will have a big day so I really hope our DC mixes in a few more blitz packages for this game! If we do, Fitz will fall apart and our D can steamroll them!
Originally posted by Gore_21:
About time :)

Not to be overconfident but this really should be the easiest game of the season so far. Bills gave up 45 points to the Patriots at home in the 2nd HALF. They were up 21-7 and gave up 35 straight. Gave up 52 at home... Fitzpatrick had 4 tds and 4 ints. If I am them I run the ball more but probably shouldn't start this week. Anyways, still can't underestimate them... Gailey and Fitzpatrick could be playing for their jobs. Stop Spiller and Jackson in the run game... their biggest pass threat is TE Scott Chandler who is Fitzpatrick's favorite target. Put a CB on him if you have to. And no jinx but Mario Williams the 100 million dollar man has 1.5 sacks this year. If I was them I would have used that money to get 3-5 good players. Also, Spiller and Jackson can catch it out of the backfield so watch out for that.

Don't sleep on Stevie Johnson
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Don't sleep on Stevie Johnson

Yeah, forgot about him in the 1st post, mentioned him in my 2nd. He can go deep... it will be a home coming for him as well.

Really I won't sleep on this team as Gailey and Fitzpatrick could be playing for their jobs. We SHOULD beat them but should is a dangerous word.
Bills coach Chan Gailey expects RG Kraig Urbik and LT Cordy Glenn to both be out "awhile" after suffering ankle injuries in Week 4.

Buffalo has experienced and largely capable replacements in Chad Rinehart and Chris Hairston, although they now are starved for depth and might not be able to withstand another O-Line injury. Glenn, in particular, had been playing extremely well as a rookie on Ryan Fitzpatrick's blind side. The losses won't make life easy in the Bills' defense in Week 5 against the 49ers.

rotoworld
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Bills coach Chan Gailey expects RG Kraig Urbik and LT Cordy Glenn to both be out "awhile" after suffering ankle injuries in Week 4.

Buffalo has experienced and largely capable replacements in Chad Rinehart and Chris Hairston, although they now are starved for depth and might not be able to withstand another O-Line injury. Glenn, in particular, had been playing extremely well as a rookie on Ryan Fitzpatrick's blind side. The losses won't make life easy in the Bills' defense in Week 5 against the 49ers.

rotoworld

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/02/21/2011-pass-blocking-efficiency-guards-and-centers/

half way down the page there is an interesting chart

Rinehart played in 16 games and started 12 last year. I believe he is more than a capable backup but those 2 out would hurt them.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 30, 2012 at 11:55 PM ]
i think it will be a shoot out circa 1992
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
i think it will be a shoot out circa 1992

Berman's SB picks

• Silky
  • Veteran
The O better be ready. The Williams can put up some points, but they also turn the ball over a lot
Gore, Gore Gore. thats gotta be the game plan every week. last week they got away from it and it bit them in the ass. they need to stick with whats working and not underestimate the bills. any team can win and these gys can put up points if u let them
put kap in and guaranteed win
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
put kap in and guaranteed win

he'll be in there for a handful of plays but hes not starting. u dont pull a winning qb
I love how Harbaugh rotates WR's during the game, keeps CB's guessing in terms or speed and quickness of the player he matches up against. Now if only they could catch.
Share 49ersWebzone