There are 55 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS BUFFALO BILLS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 5)

Frank Gore makes me happy...downstairs. For a guy his age, and who has been through what he has been through, to still hang around and contribute the way he does...he's still such a threat. It's straight cray
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Frank Gore makes me happy...downstairs. For a guy his age, and who has been through what he has been through, to still hang around and contribute the way he does...he's still such a threat. It's straight cray

Most guys that ran like he use to only keep it up for a year or two. He's still going although I think he has prolonged his career by being patient and following blockers instead of just running over everybody. He's a much different back. He should be able to go a year or two more and get to 10,000. He's got like 10,500 all purpose. Would be nice for him to finish at 10,000 rushing and like 13,000 all purpose. He is at 8,057. Needs 1943... he's on pace for 1382 this season which would put him at 9,007 (started the season at 7625) and about 1,000 short. He's 42 on the list of all time leading rushers... 25 more yards would put him at 40th though.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rush_yds_career.htm (that's not updated for this year...
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 8, 2012 at 1:02 AM ]
if our passing game maintains its beast mode gores average should go up as the year goes on. prolly put up like 1500 if they keep goin like this. a rushing title for frank would be sick, he came so close when we had turner
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Most guys that ran like he use to only keep it up for a year or two. He's still going although I think he has prolonged his career by being patient and following blockers instead of just running over everybody. He's a much different back. He should be able to go a year or two more and get to 10,000. He's got like 10,500 all purpose. Would be nice for him to finish at 10,000 rushing and like 13,000 all purpose. He is at 8,057. Needs 1943... he's on pace for 1382 this season which would put him at 9,007 (started the season at 7625) and about 1,000 short. He's 42 on the list of all time leading rushers... 25 more yards would put him at 40th though.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rush_yds_career.htm (that's not updated for this year...


Would love for him to make 10,000. Frank is much better than Ricky Williams (!) IMO and he's 26th on that list at just over 10,000
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Most guys that ran like he use to only keep it up for a year or two. He's still going although I think he has prolonged his career by being patient and following blockers instead of just running over everybody. He's a much different back. He should be able to go a year or two more and get to 10,000. He's got like 10,500 all purpose. Would be nice for him to finish at 10,000 rushing and like 13,000 all purpose. He is at 8,057. Needs 1943... he's on pace for 1382 this season which would put him at 9,007 (started the season at 7625) and about 1,000 short. He's 42 on the list of all time leading rushers... 25 more yards would put him at 40th though.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rush_yds_career.htm (that's not updated for this year...


Would love for him to make 10,000. Frank is much better than Ricky Williams (!) IMO and he's 26th on that list at just over 10,000

depending on how healthy he can stay i hope gore can play for 5 more years and do some damage on that list. he doesnt look like hes lost anything and the way they use him now and how patient he is i think he can play longer than most people are giving him credit for
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Most guys that ran like he use to only keep it up for a year or two. He's still going although I think he has prolonged his career by being patient and following blockers instead of just running over everybody. He's a much different back. He should be able to go a year or two more and get to 10,000. He's got like 10,500 all purpose. Would be nice for him to finish at 10,000 rushing and like 13,000 all purpose. He is at 8,057. Needs 1943... he's on pace for 1382 this season which would put him at 9,007 (started the season at 7625) and about 1,000 short. He's 42 on the list of all time leading rushers... 25 more yards would put him at 40th though.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rush_yds_career.htm (that's not updated for this year...


Would love for him to make 10,000. Frank is much better than Ricky Williams (!) IMO and he's 26th on that list at just over 10,000

depending on how healthy he can stay i hope gore can play for 5 more years and do some damage on that list. he doesnt look like hes lost anything and the way they use him now and how patient he is i think he can play longer than most people are giving him credit for


A healthy mix of Kendall Hunter (who's looked pretty beastly too ) and Frank should last a while
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,498
Originally posted by ninermedic:
A healthy mix of Kendall Hunter (who's looked pretty beastly too ) and Frank should last a while

avg about 8 YPC lol
why is NFL and ESPN only showing Smiths two TD passes to Crabs and Williams? The game review is the shortest I have ever seen. We score 45 points and dont make it to the highlight reel
Originally posted by 9inermaniac:
why is NFL and ESPN only showing Smiths two TD passes to Crabs and Williams? The game review is the shortest I have ever seen. We score 45 points and dont make it to the highlight reel


I noticed that too. Its because we beat the Bills. Last week we beat the J E T S Jets and they practically showed every play from the game on gameday highlights. What dominating performance and as one nfl.com article finished with. Who wants to play this team??? NOOOOOOBODY!!!!!!
We mauled the last 2 East Coast teams. It will be a 3rd when we play the Giants this Sunday.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Outscored opponents 79-3 last two games

Just think, if in the jets game, Akers makes those 2 field goals, and Kap chose to run that last touchdown in, it would be 92 - 3
[ Edited by JimA49ers on Oct 8, 2012 at 7:03 AM ]
Originally posted by 9inermaniac:
why is NFL and ESPN only showing Smiths two TD passes to Crabs and Williams? The game review is the shortest I have ever seen. We score 45 points and dont make it to the highlight reel

Beating the crap out of East Coast teams is just going to result in BSPN ignoring us more. It's true. They basically cater to the Eastern seaboard, which is where they are physically situated. Their coverage is slanted toward that geography too.

They recognized this too...which is why they created some of the ESPN RSNs (LA, Bay Area, Chicago, Dallas etc).
Did someone mentioned The Brain...

I know it's very late but I posted a quick recap of the game. Please check it out here guys, would really appreciate the hits on my blog. Got a Preview of the 49ers Giants game coming soon. Thanks buds!

http://sfsportscave.blogspot.com/2012/10/49ers-vs-bills-recap.html
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
I know it's very late but I posted a quick recap of the game. Please check it out here guys, would really appreciate the hits on my blog. Got a Preview of the 49ers Giants game coming soon. Thanks buds!

http://sfsportscave.blogspot.com/2012/10/49ers-vs-bills-recap.html

Saw recap and read it, too. Thanks for sharing.