LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 147 users in the forums

Week 3: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
The point is it annoys you. ;-)

Just started it in week one so keeping it going.

Gonna call big fat BS on him being the MAIN reason the Niners lost. They were down 7-0 before he even got on the field and the Niners couldn't stop the Vikings on 3rd down all day. He was certainly a factor in the loss, but they lost that game in all phases.

It doesn't really annoy me, I actually find it humorous that you have to take a small size to prop him up. But thats cool I just think its irrelevant to thoughts after re-watching game thread. But its your thread do as you please.

Also when you only manage 10 points on offense and the running game averaged almost 6 yards per carry the QB is to blame.

Not trying to prop him up. If thats all I wanted to do I'd eliminate 2010 altogether. I am simply of the opinion that something changed in him that night. His attitude changed and his performance changed along with it. You are free to find it humorous just as I find it humorous that you would put the loss at his feet when the ENTIRE TEAM played so poorly.

Nuff said.

If the defense dont play great he cant win.

Sigh.

Gonna call big fat BS on him being the MAIN reason the Niners lost. They were down 7-0 before he even got on the field and the Niners couldn't stop the Vikings on 3rd down all day. He was certainly a factor in the loss, but they lost that game in all phases.

It doesn't really annoy me, I actually find it humorous that you have to take a small size to prop him up. But thats cool I just think its irrelevant to thoughts after re-watching game thread. But its your thread do as you please.

Also when you only manage 10 points on offense and the running game averaged almost 6 yards per carry the QB is to blame.

Not trying to prop him up. If thats all I wanted to do I'd eliminate 2010 altogether. I am simply of the opinion that something changed in him that night. His attitude changed and his performance changed along with it. You are free to find it humorous just as I find it humorous that you would put the loss at his feet when the ENTIRE TEAM played so poorly.

Nuff said.

New Orleans
Originally posted by jreff22:
Whats the point of this running Alex Smith tally from last year since the eagle game ?

The fact is yesterday he played like s**t and was the MAIN reason we lost the game.

Not accurate and you know that. The D got shredded on a consistent basis. We gave up a rushing TD to f**king Ponder...no AP...but Ponder.

Don't bother. He can't be convinced.

No worries. The Vikings played very well. They ate up the clock, played good defense, and CONSTANTLY converted 3rd downs. The only reason they didn't have MORE yards or points was that they were playing the 49ers game, IE...killing the clock from the start. They got to a lead early and never relented.

Ya know what? Sometimes the other team just has a better day. Plain and simple.

Nuff said.

New Orleans

Philly.
Whats the point of this running Alex Smith tally from last year since the eagle game ?

The fact is yesterday he played like s**t and was the MAIN reason we lost the game.

Not accurate and you know that. The D got shredded on a consistent basis. We gave up a rushing TD to f**king Ponder...no AP...but Ponder.

Don't bother. He can't be convinced.

No worries. The Vikings played very well. They ate up the clock, played good defense, and CONSTANTLY converted 3rd downs. The only reason they didn't have MORE yards or points was that they were playing the 49ers game, IE...killing the clock from the start. They got to a lead early and never relented.

Ya know what? Sometimes the other team just has a better day. Plain and simple.
I have no issue when we are outplayed...I have an issue when we are outplayed and look sloppy during it
Great post. Made me feel better. I was a bit worried yesterday because I saw a mini implosion by the offense in the 4th quarter and it worried me. It looked like the 2007,2009 49ers for a second there.

Then I remember Harbaugh is our coach and if this happens once every 20 games then so be it. I really doubt we lose like this to Minnesota if we see them again.
There were some breakdowns in most areas of their game and it's probably a good thing to keep their egos from being too inflated. On the other hand, there were some good things, as well.

* Davis was blown back on that blocked FG
* Smith missed on several passes that were a bit high (and I'm not counting the misunderstood route) and fumbled when hit from behind.
* Whitmer missed a pick 6
* I still don't think Goldson hit was illegal. To me, it was a bit late, but not a headshot.
* Frank had a big fumble.

* Williams had a great game.
* Boone was trying to extend blocks.
* Aldon Smith had a number of hurries and was really close to picking up a sack or two.
* Crabs had another 6 catch game.
In the second half after the Williams big run back, they called 2 straight runs. Making it 3rd&3. Then a designed roll out by Smith that he couldn't find anyone open, so he tried to run for the first but came up short. He hit all the throws in the following TD scoring drive. Capping with a nice underpressure throw to VD in the endzone

You have to go to middle of the 4th quarter to find missed throws from Smith. Smith played a very good game until late when they were trying to mount a comeback.

3rd8 4th 9:15 Smith scrambled. Threw to Williams. Williams was held

These are the missed throws:

3rd&6 --6:36 4th -- to Davis
1st &10 --2:31 4th -- to Crabtree

2nd&10-- 2:30 4th-- to Crabtree -- INT

You guys are letting the emotion of a loss clouded the unfair criticism of Smith. He played a very good game within the offense.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 24, 2012 at 10:49 AM ]
Originally posted by ninergold:
There were some breakdowns in most areas of their game and it's probably a good thing to keep their egos from being too inflated. On the other hand, there were some good things, as well.

* Smith missed on several passes that were a bit high (and I'm not counting the misunderstood route) and fumbled when hit from behind.
* I still don't think Goldson hit was illegal. To me, it was a bit late, but not a headshot.

* Aldon Smith had a number of hurries and was really close to picking up a sack or two.

On Boone...anyone else see him shove Frank in the back to get him over the first down marker? LOL!!!

On Boone...anyone else see him shove Frank in the back to get him over the first down marker? LOL!!!

more like a launch

of course... that was awesome!!!
The Niners were not very aggressive yesterday. The defense was giving up the underneath passes all day and the offense was just dinking and dunking. How may passes were over 20 yards? How many blitzes were there? The 49ers played it way too safe and the Vikings exploited it. They are going to have to start stretching defenses or the offense is going to sputter like yesterday. And the defense is going to have to be more aggressive. They aren't going to stop anybody by staying way behind the sticks.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Marvin49, an island of reason in a sea of ninertalk.

+1. Marvin49, many of us here look forward to reading your insightful "Thoughts after rewatching the game" posts. Keep up the great work. Yesterday was a tough loss but it happens - now, I'm very curious how this team will respond vs. the NY Jets next week.

more like a launch

One of the few laughs I had all day. Really liking Boone right now.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Marvin49, an island of reason in a sea of ninertalk.

+1. Marvin49, many of us here look forward to reading your insightful "Thoughts after rewatching the game" posts. Keep up the great work. Yesterday was a tough loss but it happens - now, I'm very curious how this team will respond vs. the NY Jets next week.

Share 49ersWebzone