There are 240 users in the forums

Week 3: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Btw guys to date, Fangio's greatest halftime adjustment was the NFCCG.

Without those disguised blitzes, I think the giants win it much easier than they did.

Very true. I know Fangio is capable of making adjustements so I'm not sure what happened yesterday. It was just a horrible game, top to bottom.
So the difference in the game was one qb was able to complete passes under pressure and the other qb was not able to complete passes under pressure??

That is what I saw.
Originally posted by 9erred:
So the difference in the game was one qb was able to complete passes under pressure and the other qb was not able to complete passes under pressure??

That is what I saw.

What pressure ?? Ponder was sacked for 0 times !! only 2 QB hits. Dats it !!,, Smith was getting crushed a lot more.

That is what I saw.

Yes.

Gotta give it up to Ponder. Every time I thought they had him trapped he got himself free and either hit somebody downfield or ran for a sizable gain (or a TD). Alex had his passes sailing on him.

Bottom line...Niners D couldn't get off the field and Alex didn't play well. It happens.
Originally posted by toppdogg32:

That is what I saw.

What pressure ?? Ponder was sacked for 0 times !! only 2 QB hits. Dats it !!,, Smith was getting crushed a lot more.

Thats BS. Ponder was pressured in the game but he was CONSTANTLY able to avoid the rush, make a pass, or run it for a gain or TD. The Niners could have gotten more of a rush, but they got there several times and Ponder just eluded them. Give him credit. He played well.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Thats BS. Ponder was pressured in the game but he was CONSTANTLY able to avoid the rush, make a pass, or run it for a gain or TD. The Niners could have gotten more of a rush, but they got there several times and Ponder just eluded them. Give him credit. He played well.

Free pressure coming right at him?
I don't know what people are complaining about. Smith had a very good first half. I'm looking through the first half over a couple of times on condense version and the dude was hitting all his throws except for may 2. He ran for positive yards. Threw the ball away when there was a sure sack late in the half to preserved a field goal try by Akers that was block.

You guys are making sh*t up about Smith in the first half.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I don't know what people are complaining about. Smith had a very good first half. I'm looking through the first half over a couple of times on condense version and the dude was hitting all his throws except for may 2. He ran for positive yards. Threw the ball away when there was a sure sack late in the half to preserved a field goal try by Akers that was block.

He didn't have a TERRIBLE game (his QB rating was 81), but he did miss a wide open Moss and his throws got more scattershot as the game went on.

He didn't have a great game, but he didn't play horribly. He had opportunities and he couldn't cash in on them.
Originally posted by oldman9er:

Free pressure coming right at him?

I'd have to watch again....but on several occasions Aldon broke free and just couldn't catch a scrambling Ponder before he threw the ball downfield to a TE or WR. They just couldn't quite get there before he was able to unload. As I said before...credit has to go to Ponder for completing those passes while getting chased.
Good post and analysis as usual.

Was really hard to watch that game. The Viking players where super fired up and we were flat as could be! I kept waiting for us to wake up.

Coaches better get on the ball too cause it looked like they mailed it in also yesterday.

I predict we come out and look like we did against the Packers this coming Sunday. Gonna have a stinker game here and there.

Fantastic summary Marvin, great thanks. I feel like the Niners are going to learn some very valuable things from this one.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

He didn't have a TERRIBLE game (his QB rating was 81), but he did miss a wide open Moss and his throws got more scattershot as the game went on.

He didn't have a great game, but he didn't play horribly. He had opportunities and he couldn't cash in on them.

Yeah he got worse towards late in the game. But I dare anyone with an honest review of all of his throws in the first half and find major fault on any of them except for the missed of Moss in the corner end zone.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Whats the point of this running Alex Smith tally from last year since the eagle game ?

The fact is yesterday he played like s**t and was the MAIN reason we lost the game.
Originally posted by susweel:
Whats the point of this running Alex Smith tally from last year since the eagle game ?

The fact is yesterday he played like s**t and was the MAIN reason we lost the game.

Very telling (and amusing) that his "running tally" starting from the Eagles game looks so good that it upsets you so...
We're going to lose the Superbowl?
Share 49ersWebzone