There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The "my god it's insane how drastically everyone is over-reacting" thread

It's insane because we are 2-1 Acting like we just went 1-2

Talking about we are exposed. It's the same freak'n defense that went 14-4 last year. How are we not exposed all through last year, but now are exposed after 1 game loss with the Vikes. Holy sh*t the overreaction by the media and Niner Talk.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 23, 2012 at 9:02 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
It's insane because we are 2-1 Acting like we just went 1-2

Talking about we are exposed. It's the same freak'n defense that went 14-4 last year. How are we not exposed all through last year, but now are exposed after 1 game loss with the Vikes. Holy sh*t the overreaction by the media and Niner Talk.

Might as well just suck for Luck at this point... oh wait he is gone... well suck for somebody because season is clearly over.
I'm not one to say oh the loss doesn't matter just sweep it under the rug. This game could be the difference between playing in SF or playing in say Atlanta.

We got beat by team that has alot more talent than their record over the past few years indicates. They got the lead early and they're a good football team under those circumstances. You just can't look past any team in the NFL.
I say shutter the whole franchise, sell it off, and pretend none of this ever happened. I doubt any of these guys find work outside of this team anyway, especially that Willis dude and the coach, Horvath or whatever his name is
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I'm not one to say oh the loss doesn't matter just sweep it under the rug. This game could be the difference between playing in SF or playing in say Atlanta.

We got beat by team that has alot more talent than their record over the past few years indicates. They got the lead early and they're a good football team under those circumstances. You just can't look past any team in the NFL.

And every loss Atlanta has could be the difference between playing in Atlanta, or playing in, say, SF...what's your point? They're not gonna go undefeated just like we're not gonna go undefeated. Any loss *could* hurt your chances down the road and any win *could* help your chances down the road...this is not a new phenomena to sports
Originally posted by lordfangio:
And every loss Atlanta has could be the difference between playing in Atlanta, or playing in, say, SF...what's your point? They're not gonna go undefeated just like we're not gonna go undefeated. Any loss *could* hurt your chances down the road and any win *could* help your chances down the road...this is not a new phenomena to sports

The point is you don't want to blow easy games because they will catch up to you. We're not going 13-0 for the rest of the year either.

Everyone has 1 game like that, but if you have a few games like that combined with losing to a few actual contenders or division rivals and all of the sudden you're playing in the wild card or playing on the road in January.

It's not the end of the world, but there is no positive spin here. We lost.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 23, 2012 at 9:36 PM ]
Originally posted by lordfangio:

The point is you don't want to blow easy games because they will catch up to you. We're not going 13-0 for the rest of the year either.

I don't know any team that will go 13 - 0 the rest of the way. BTW we did just beat DET and GB so we are 2 - 1. Things could be worse. We have o eat our humble pie every now and then also. We are gonna eat every opponent from here on out and anyone that does defeat us will earn it just as the Giants did last year, sort of. We should cherish this loss and the resolve it will bring forth for this locker room
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by jreff22:
great teams beat the teams they are supposed to beat

Then every Super Bowl champ should be undefeated... Every year :/

Now there you go, making sense.
Originally posted by baltien:

Now there you go, making sense.

Hahaha those white trash Giants went from trailer to trailer to get it.
  • Apone
  • Veteran

Fail.
  • Apone
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Hahaha those white trash Giants went from trailer to trailer to get it.

Not just teams, but there is countless of individuals loosing to lesser foes. Just look at boxing.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I don't know any team that will go 13 - 0 the rest of the way. BTW we did just beat DET and GB so we are 2 - 1. Things could be worse. We have o eat our humble pie every now and then also. We are gonna eat every opponent from here on out and anyone that does defeat us will earn it just as the Giants did last year, sort of. We should cherish this loss and the resolve it will bring forth for this locker room

Things could be better too and that's the point. I'm not going to take anything away from the victories over Green Bay and Detroit but they're not necessarily the teams that we will be fighting with for the top spot.

I'm going to go back to last year. If that game was in New Orleans it's a whole new ball game. We were both 13-3. You see how small the difference can be from Super Bowl to divisionals and done? It doesn't alway play out that way and the 6 seeds have actually more success than the 1 seeds the past few years but it's a match up league .

Everyone has 1 game like that, but if you have a few games like that combined with losing to a few actual contenders or division rivals and all of the sudden you're playing in the wild card or playing on the road in January.

It's not the end of the world, but there is no positive spin here. We lost.

Oh ya, you're right, I totally forgot how last year's SB champs breezed through the regular season taking care of business and didn't lose any embarrassing games to the Seahawks, Redskins, etc. And how the 2011 49ers, who should have won the Super Bowl, didn't lose any games to non-playoff teams like the Cowboys or Cardinals or anything. I also forgot how the AFC Champ Patriots didn't lose any games to the Bills or the runner up Ravens didn't lose any games to bad teams like the Jaguars or Seahawks or other non-playoff teams like the Titans or Chargers. Ya you totally got me there
[ Edited by lordfangio on Sep 23, 2012 at 10:27 PM ]

losing to a good team will happen but looking like s**t against lower competition is not the sign of a complete team