There are 44 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Some things I've noticed after 3 weeks

Originally posted by sfout:
Jreff the voice of logic.

Our D-Line needs to be as deep and/or reliable as the Giants or even the Saints. Having only 3 players who play the whole game is cool and all but if we can have 1 or even 2 more players who come in and spell Justin or Ray Mac then we'd be getting a ton more pressure.

Overall rotation all the front seven needs to happen, or we'll end up getting gassed and run down.

Then I voiced a similar opinion in an other thread that it could be because Moss doesn't have it in him anymore or because our play calling has been atrocious but I haven't seen Moss run anything close to a go-route after that pre-season game where Alex checked down to VD, not seeing Moss wide open and that was in the preseason. While I am still inclined to give Moss the benefit of doubt I do wonder what the deal is, however I do wonder why we say we have all of this explosiveness added yet we haven't even let an ounce of it touch the field yet.

That being said I want to know why we are still coaching conservative ball and not dialing it up? Are we hiding weaknesses? Either in Alex, Moss, the OL? Or what? At what point do we make the change and start opening it up

And to end it GO KYLE MOTHERF**KING WILLIAMS! Showing us all why he deserves to be on this team, he was doing everything he could to put us in the position to win and the offense/coaches squandered his great plays.

In regards to Moss....I think its either the conservative game plan or Alex just isn't trusting himself to open it up. I agree we haven't had one downfield throw yet except for last week to VD that resulted in a TD. We need more of those just to keep the defense honest.
Originally posted by lordfangio:
Fellas you're overreacting, and the reason I say that is because if all that were true, we wouldn't have beaten Detroit and GB in GB to start the year (and not
just beat, but dominated). Though I do think Haralson's injury is pretty big

We beat GB and Det because they lacked a run game. They are one-dimesional teams. We faced a team today who have a legit rush and legit receiver. They pound and pound then play-action and we bit on most of them. It also helped they have a mobile QB.
Originally posted by lordfangio:
Fellas you're overreacting, and the reason I say that is because if all that were true, we wouldn't have beaten Detroit and GB in GB to start the year (and not
just beat, but dominated). Though I do think Haralson's injury is pretty big

We beat GB and Det because they lacked a run game. They are one-dimesional teams. We faced a team today who have a legit rush and legit receiver. They pound and pound then play-action and we bit on most of them. It also helped they have a mobile QB.
Another thing I've noticed teams starting to do. When Soap is in the game they tend to throw the ball because they have difficulty running it. Then when he is pulled they start running the ball. Teams with good running backs can take advantage against our nickel.
Originally posted by Baldie:
We beat GB and Det because they lacked a run game. They are one-dimesional teams. We faced a team today who have a legit rush and legit receiver. They pound and pound then play-action and we bit on most of them. It also helped they have a mobile QB.

They still won a combined 25 games with the lack of run game...the Giants won the SB with a lack of run game...who cares what they lacked, the bottom line is they are good teams who won a lot of games and earned playoff spots a season ago...and we dominated them. The Vikings and their awesome running game got them to 3-13, you're overreacting.
[ Edited by lordfangio on Sep 23, 2012 at 7:47 PM ]
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by BayArea:
Yeah lose to the Vikings...

/season

....change up the roster and start the rooks.

You know he isn't saying that. He is saying why did we make a point to say we improved the roster but 2 of the 5 people we added to make our roster "more explosive" aren't even playing then what was the point in hyping up the change?

I know but the impression is that starting our 1st and 2nd round picks are going to make this offense explosive. Highly doubt that and frankly I feel safer using even a washed up play maker, one that has been a starter in the league, over that. No way Jenkins outperforms Manningham on a starting roster, and Moss made the roster for a reason. Work in progress at best not game changer in Jenkins, not yet. LaMicheal would be on the roster if he was able to beat our guys out. You want those guys out there just to get some practice?

Not saying our guys are the best but the rookies aren't the answer. I swear some people want Keap, Jenkins, and LaMicheal starting our offense next week.
[ Edited by BayArea on Sep 23, 2012 at 7:47 PM ]
This defense is still a very good defense. Taking way too much into 1 loss. I agreed with Bowman. They just let a few plays beat them today. Sometimes that's just the way it goes. The offense needs to stepped up more than anything to help out but didn't. Both defense and offense couldn't depend on one another today.
Sus is rights about alex's arm. Smiths inability to power a ball through a defense is a big liability. He does not have the qb inuition it takes to play with a small arm. He has to throw at what he sees and it takes a big arm to do that.
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by susweel:
That's a good question I've been disappointed in Romans play selection. But then again we don't if its be called but he's just checking too quickly.

Earlier you mentioned that Roman's play selection was limited because of Smith's limitations.

You know people make mistakes that are entirely unrelated to Alex Smith, right? One of my kids knocked over a glass of juice today and it spilled everywhere and it was in no way shape or form linked to any of Smith's shortcomings, real or imagined.

I mean, the way you've got it set up in the end we'll never really know if everything else went perfectly but somehow darn Alex found a way to screw it up.
Clearly he kocked it over in anger of alex smiths int!
Originally posted by lordfangio:
Originally posted by Baldie:
We beat GB and Det because they lacked a run game. They are one-dimesional teams. We faced a team today who have a legit rush and legit receiver. They pound and pound then play-action and we bit on most of them. It also helped they have a mobile QB.

They still won a combined 25 games with the lack of run game...the Giants won the SB with a lack of run game...who cares what they lacked, the bottom line is they are good teams who won a lot of games and earned playoff spots a season ago...and we dominated them. The Vikings and their awesome running game got them to 3-13, you're overreacting.

This, our D shut down two of the most explosive offenses in the league. Vikings just played a great game, nothing more. If we played them again to,or row I bet it would be a different outcome. Just wasn't our day
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by BayArea:
Yeah lose to the Vikings...

/season

....change up the roster and start the rooks.

You know he isn't saying that. He is saying why did we make a point to say we improved the roster but 2 of the 5 people we added to make our roster "more explosive" aren't even playing then what was the point in hyping up the change?

I know but the impression is that starting our 1st and 2nd round picks are going to make this offense explosive. Highly doubt that and frankly I feel safer using even a washed up play maker, one that has been a starter in the league, over that. No way Jenkins outperforms Manningham on a starting roster, and Moss made the roster for a reason. Work in progress at best not game changer in Jenkins, not yet. LaMicheal would be on the roster if he was able to beat our guys out. You want those guys out there just to get some practice?

Not saying our guys are the best but the rookies aren't the answer. I swear some people want Keap, Jenkins, and LaMicheal starting our offense next week.
This has nothing to do with Kap. I would gladly sacrifice Dixon on ST to put the ball into James's hands in space.

At some point teams with stop playing Moss 10 yards deep and then what? We have no speed and explosiveness on the offense....the guys we got to fix that are wearing street clothes on Sunday.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
This, our D shut down two of the most explosive offenses in the league. Vikings just played a great game, nothing more. If we played them again to,or row I bet it would be a different outcome. Just wasn't our day

Some of u guys are over reacting! We came out flat today. To me it seems like we underestamated the viks and thought we would win the game just buy showing up. We are no longer the underdogs teams are gunna give us there best shot. I hope we learn from this and start playing at a high level each week
I don't know if going deep will be the saving grace but the game plan/ play calling really baffled med today.

Gore is running the ball well yet we go with a pass happy game plan when Alex is struggling. Craziness.

Sometimes this staff amazes me with there superb play calling.

Today I was cringing more often then not at the terrible play calls.
They came out playing like they were waiting for someone to make a play. That's what it looked like to me. They couldn't match the intensity of the Vikings. Whatever the reason for that, it would be an excuse. They didn't get it done. The Vikes played a good game. There wasn't any 'we beat ourselves' crap.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 23, 2012 at 8:01 PM ]