There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Where the hell are James and Jenkins

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
The fact that people debate that Manningham is not a burner is quite laughable and makes the WZ sad....

That highlight of video of Ham was 90% deep passes!!!

Deep passes mean good route running and the qb having enough time for a route to fully develop. Speed is only partial factor in deep routes. The fact that you judge manninghams speed by a highlight video when there are documented 40 times of him running high 4.5s is whats laughable.
The fact that people debate that Manningham is not a burner is quite laughable and makes the WZ sad....

He isn't a burner. 4.59 is not raw speed.
Originally posted by jreff22:

he looks pretty fast to me
My Problem...

Hunter played last year and was taken a round later then James. So we were able to trust a 3rd rounder but not a 2nd rounder...and all the while our FA RB was hurt and not active. Even worse we trusted a late round OLB to start at FB and play the whole damn season.

I think the point that jeff22 is making is that we drafted a guy last year to play the role of a change of pace back, and then we double down on the position this year with a high draftee. On draft day, I was unhappy with the pick because it simply did not make sense to me. We already have a quick, shifty, backup RB in Hunter, who looked good last year.

To me, if you are going to draft a RB early in the draft, they better be able to beat out at least the second stringer as the primary backup, or have them as a core special team returner. Right now, he is a fourth stringer, at best, and does not offer special team value.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
My Problem...

Hunter played last year and was taken a round later then James. So we were able to trust a 3rd rounder but not a 2nd rounder...and all the while our FA RB was hurt and not active. Even worse we trusted a late round OLB to start at FB and play the whole damn season.

I think the point that jeff22 is making is that we drafted a guy last year to play the role of a change of pace back, and then we double down on the position this year with a high draftee. On draft day, I was unhappy with the pick because it simply did not make sense to me. We already have a quick, shifty, backup RB in Hunter, who looked good last year.

To me, if you are going to draft a RB early in the draft, they better be able to beat out at least the second stringer as the primary backup, or have them as a core special team returner. Right now, he is a fourth stringer, at best, and does not offer special team value.

Maybe the 49ers have a system where the 2nd rounder is the coach's pick.

Mays = Singletary
LMJ = Harbaugh

My Problem...

I liked the pick at the time but its clear the kid is over matched right now. I think Baalke out smarted himself in this draft.
My Problem...

It's very possible that JH thinks he's a legit talent and Gore will be gone next year as Jacobs likely will be as well. James and Hunter will be our one two punch. I think we went into this draft confident with the guys that got us to the NFCCG, so we picked BPA with our sights on the future. Doesn't sound that crazy to me.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 27, 2012 at 1:38 PM ]
Originally posted by susweel:

+1
Manningham clearly has enough speed to be a deep threat. What the guy ran at the combine doesn't mean squat at this point. Not to mention he ran a 4.42 at his pro day for those of you who take 40 times too seriously.
Yeah Manningham seems very fast on the field
Originally posted by walker807:

+1
Manningham clearly has enough speed to be a deep threat. What the guy ran at the combine doesn't mean squat at this point. Not to mention he ran a 4.42 at his pro day for those of you who take 40 times too seriously.

40 numbers dont mean jack s**t sometimes. Remember Jason Hill he supposedly ran a 4.3 at the combine but looked slow on the football field. Personally I think they should test 40 times while they wear a full football uniform to gauge the true speed.
Originally posted by walker807:

+1

40 numbers dont mean jack s**t sometimes. Remember Jason Hill he supposedly ran a 4.3 at the combine but looked slow on the football field. Personally I think they should test 40 times while they wear a full football uniform to gauge the true speed.
They should time them in pads with cleats on, as well as having them on a football field running a go route with a ball that is slightly overthrown to drag as much out of the guy as possible. Some WR's can shift into a higher gear when they see that pass headed for them.
Mad Dog, so far nothing has happened to indicate why i thot we drafted LaMichael. Specifically, I thot he was drafted for 3rd downs only, to play wide of alex, and be the check down if options 1,2 and 3 are closed. Just a lateral or pass, behind the line and then let him dance around, and good luck on the D trying to stop him. I said that the moment he was drafted, ie a Darren Sproles or Reggie Bush type pick...in essence, a situational pick. The fact that he hasn't played yet still makes me hope that is what he was drafted for. I truly do not believe he was drafted to compete with Hunter, who is just fine, thank you. The fact he hasn't played yet very well may be the inability to field punts which he demonstrated in TC...could be deemed to perhaps make him a risk with laterals or passes in the backfield. In any case, I don't think Coach has confidence in him yet, nor in AJ. Fine by me, but I can see both guys coming on once they get acclimated to the big leagues. But in no way do I see LaMic running between tackles like Hunter. LaMic is just a situational 3rd down guy, who does not yet have the confidence of Coach H.
maybe kap, james, & jenkins are part of the rebuilding/retooling process a year from now?
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
maybe kap, james, & jenkins are part of the rebuilding/retooling process a year from now?

But what about Alex....

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

But what about Alex....

who was the quarterback we had before montana took over?