There are 270 users in the forums

Where the hell are James and Jenkins

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Consider this their redshirt season, they are "developing" that's is code for not all growed up yet! The knock on both was the same to small to play with the big boys!
Wait until next season...then we will see what what we will will see.

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Pro day doesn't mean anything. It's often on a fast rubber track with spikes. Track shoes. And the players "game the system." They are used to their home track to run on. The combine surface comparese apples to apples. It's an equal surface to run on. Therfore it compares guys fairly to eachother. Manningham and Williams don't run those times. They run what they ran at the Indianapolis combine. Put Vernon Davis on fast rubber track indoors in track shoes and he will run a 4.2. The surface matters a lot. The most accurate time is Indy. It's the same surface for all players. You can't cheat. Not one player on a faster surface and one on a slower surface.

Lol sd my point was no matter how you look at manningham is a high 4.5 guy and the two fast people on offense besides vd are ginn and williams and they rarely see the field. I am fully aware of pro day track bias, but it doesnt change my point. Right now the "speed and explosion" of our offense is the exact same as last year with manningham replacing what morgan brought to the table. We wont see anything different from last year until jenkins and james get on the field.
I am ready to give Jenkins some of if not all of Moss playing time. Outside of Crabtree and VD our receiving core doesn't look any better than last year before Morgan went down.
Maybe Coach thot that Jenkins and LaMic needed some more time to get ready for the bigs, and didn't want to put them under the gun before they were truly ready. We all saw that Jenkins had trouble catching balls in TC, and LaMic had trouble fielding punts. Maybe Coach Harbaugh wants them to feel comfortable before they step foot on the turf, which is something they didn't look comfortable with in TC. Like has been said already, we were stacked courtesy of Baalke and Coach, and he is letting these two guys really get the feel of NFL football before letting them loose. If we hadn't gotten moss and mario, both laMic and jenkins would have had to play,and maybe, just maybe, Coach knew that when he drafted them. Remember , we have been lost in the woods for so many yrs that most can't remember the way out. Maybe Harbaugh knew when he drafted these guys it would take some time, and he already had starters who would be a huge improvement over last yr....therefore, putting no pressure on jenkins or laMichael. Let 'em learn sitting on the pine. Heck we had Steve Young there for 4 yrs, and we all know how that turned out. Give Coach and Baalke credit for playing 3 dimensional chess while others are playing checkers. The 3rd dimension in chess is....time.
i think harbaugh had too much confidence in our team being stacked that he went for developmental high ceiling players instead of immediate impact players.
Is it me or does LMJ's tweets especially on game day seem like hes disappointed?
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Is it me or does LMJ's tweets especially on game day seem like hes disappointed?

what tweets...?

post em
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Still don't have speed on the field...

now, on the bench...

Manningham has speed.
Moss supposedly has speed.
Vernon definitely has speed.
Delanie definitely has speed relative to his matchups.
Hunter definitely has speed.

We have speed on the field.

Ham is not a burner
Moss doesn't play
Walker is dropping balls
and Hunter isnt going out for passes

1 guy....Vernon

lol jreff has a point. Manningham ran 4.59 at the combine and a composite 4.41 at his pro day. That being said I'll happily say he runs a median 4.5 - not exactly a burner, quicker then fast as they say.

Compare Manningham to a more similar receiver in Kyle Williams....Williams ran 4.43 at the combine and a 4.3 flat at his pro day. Giving Williams a median 4.36.

Sorry but the 2 fastest players outside of Vernon are Williams and Ginn and they rarely see the field as a WR.

Kenall Hunter ran a 4.45 at the combine and ran a 4.53 at his pro day giving him a 4.49 as his median between them. so he is marginally quicker for a RB.

We really dont have a lot of speed on the field at a given time. The only real threat is still Vernon, Jenkins and James need to see the field to true have a "speed and explosive" offense.....

I don't know manning hams measurements as far as his pro day, but dude is a baller. he i say looks like the faster wide out we have. He can run routes, make really good cuts, and is very shifty.

the thing I hate.

That because of the play calling, or alex, not sure...(not an alex smith hate...I am an alex fan) It seems that most of our WR's stats will never approach that of a pro bowl level...it's just not going to happen. not averaging 200 yards a game...
I believe many of us are basing the running back position on the last game. Only 16 carries, they will amp it up against the Jets. When Jacobs is ready that buries James even deeper because Coach likes smash mouth football. IMO once AJ gets his call he sticks big time.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I believe many of us are basing the running back position on the last game. Only 16 carries, they will amp it up against the Jets. When Jacobs is ready that buries James even deeper because Coach likes smash mouth football. IMO once AJ gets his call he sticks big time.

For the first 3 weeks with Jacobs out, it was perfect time to see what James could do.......same with Jenkins.

We could've benched Celek and given one of them some PT.

I'm not trying to sound mad at the players....just want to see the coaches use the talent we just paid for.

what tweets...?

post em

Ill see if I can find them again.

On another note, Is James and Jenkins in Youngstown with the rest of the team?
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
what tweets...?

post em

Ill see if I can find them again.

On another note, Is James and Jenkins in Youngstown with the rest of the team?

James is for sure.....MM tweeted a pic of him and Jacobs.

I would assume Jenkins is as well.
Both in Youngstown.
Good assuming how well it worked for the vets bonding with there team mates, I imagine it will work wonders with the rookies. Again on another note (lol) he had made a few tweets during the preseason i guess and right before the packers game that seemed like he was not happy, but he diffused them on another tweet i guess I missed that one. I cant find the old tweets either.
In a way I think its good, they should be very hungry when they do get to start. Psychological warfare.
Share 49ersWebzone