LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

NFC West....Should we be worried?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Anyone watching the Pack/Hawks game? Seahawks defense looks good. Sacked Rodgers 4 times in the first quarter, already at 7 with 3 mins left. Make that 8. Did we even sack him more than 2 times in week 1?

That Irvine guy they drafted on defense really reminds me of Aldon of last year.
Our division is no joke, I'm not sure who the best team is.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
At least Russel Wilson takes shots downfield and connects. Can't believe how small he is, almost like Welker at QB. At least our first game against them is at home.
Originally posted by Loco49er:
Our division is no joke, I'm not sure who the best team is.

I feel the same
NFC West is becoming the toughest (D and hard hitting with good teams) division in the NFL. The Cards, Hawks and us all play a similar game. Even with this minimal Offensive game, Seattle's QB did something that ours does not. Play action and throwing a deep pass to a WR for a TD. I really believe that if Alex does not start throwing down field and connecting for scores we will not even make the playoffs. Alex is so used to throwing short passes all game long that when he needed to throw it a little longer against the Vikings his passes were terrible.
Seattle and Arizona are looking good...It's certainly not gonna be a cake walk this year. I'm a little concerned, yeah.
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
NFC West is becoming the toughest (D and hard hitting with good teams) division in the NFL. The Cards, Hawks and us all play a similar game. Even with this minimal Offensive game, Seattle's QB did something that ours does not. Play action and throwing a deep pass to a WR for a TD. I really believe that if Alex does not start throwing down field and connecting for scores we will not even make the playoffs. Alex is so used to throwing short passes all game long that when he needed to throw it a little longer against the Vikings his passes were terrible.

doesn't have a problem throwing it to Vernon deep
Take that Seattle D, i dont care anymore, no matter who our division opponents are playing they must lose. Even if its a team that could threaten us for seeding down the road, because i am legitimately worried about winning the division and with our offense having to go up against these Defenses, these guys are playing hungry, and our last two games i haven't seen our Defense play hungry like last year, they seemed to be getting blocked rather easily against Detroits line, we still kind of owned them, but i didnt see Cowboy or Ray Mac just shedding blockers and playing like their hair was on fire.

I do think as a long season runs on though, injuries will factor in all teams chances in the west, and we have the most talent top to bottom to account for weak spots, and as long as Alex can start to threaten down the field a bit more and shows the command and toughness as the first 2 weeks we should be in good shape. But we all have legitimate concerns now...
I'm not totally convinced we have the best defense in the NFC West. Seattle and Arizona both are monsters....
Totally. I know I am. Seattle and Arizona are the real deal, and one of them is 3-0.

1) Seattle
2) Arizona
3) San Francisco
4) St. Louis

Or flip 1 and 2. I just think Seattle is better. You could make a strong argument that is where things are at now.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
WOw....did anyone see the Hawks/Packs game? Was that a blown call!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Packs should have won that game making seattle go to 1-2. Looks like Seattle and Arizona getting all the favorable calls going for them this season.
[ Edited by Baldie on Sep 24, 2012 at 8:59 PM ]
Originally posted by Baldie:
WOw....did anyone see the Hawks/Packs game? Was that a blown call!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I have never seen a team screwed by the refs like the Packers were tonight. Seattle spent most the game off sides on defense and the big calls. Wow!
Originally posted by Baldie:

Packs should have won that game making seattle go to 1-2. Looks like Seattle and Arizona getting all the favorable calls going for them this season.

There's a game today?
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WINiner:
I have never seen a team screwed by the refs like the Packers were tonight. Seattle spent most the game off sides on defense and the big calls. Wow!

Yeah! The packers got screwed on that one! Bring the original refs back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone