There are 184 users in the forums

NFC West....Should we be worried?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by pelos21:
Cards D and Seahawks D are playing lights out. Rams looking tough too. Taking this division will be so much tougher this year. I agree that 2 teams from the NFC West will make the playoffs.
Who have the cards even played, the eagles have looked like trash, vicks thrown more picks than the entire league lol

There D shut Brady and CO down. If you didn't watch it you should find tape. That was some of the Best D I've ever seen against the Pats. The Lions look just as weak as Phili. It doesn't matter its a solid win for AZ just like Detroit was for us. We fooled ourselves into thinking the division was cake. It'snot AZ and Seattle can both play.

Not too many people were sleeping on them. I admittedly thought Seattle would be our biggest threat (looks like cardinals will be). But the season is young and Arizona has a tough second half schedule. There's hot starts every year (buffalo and Detroit come to mind from last year)
lol Brady and wez, anyone else on that offfense no...
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

lol that signifies last season to a T.
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Singletary actually put his knowledge of the individual players to use, probably even had old scouting tapes he kept from 08-10; they played us in the preseason, lost an emotional game to the Colts in what many thought was due to them overlooking to 'us'.

I agree Singletary knew what our players could and couldn't do and he was a valuable weapon in this game. The niners learned their lesson I hope.

You both give Singletary way too much credit.

The 49ers lost because of so many reasons. This was the first time in awhile they played in their base defense and they looked flat. The Vikings played to the whistle while it seemed the 49ers were half-ass tackling. Dropped interceptions didn't help much either. The 49ers put very little pressure on Ponder which allowed him to eventually find someone open. How many 3rd and longs did they complete for 1st downs? Seemed like most of them.
The offense that I seen on the field was pass first to set up the run. Really? Wide open receivers over thrown or flat out missed. Gore fumbles. Sloppy route running. Dink and dunk play calling. Randy Moss on the bench for the 4th qrt when it's obviuos at the time the 49ers must stretch the field and score points. No sense of urgency. The coaching staff on both sides of the ball made little if any adjustments.
I felt like the Vikings kicked the poop out of the 49ers for 60 minuets and the game should have been a blowout.. it still amazes me the 49ers only lost by 11 points.

I'm not worried about winning the NFCW. Better to lose in September then in January or worse February.

The proper adjustments will be made.
You girls are freaking out like were the saints starting out 0-3!
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:

The 49ers lost because of so many reasons. This was the first time in awhile they played in their base defense and they looked flat. The Vikings played to the whistle while it seemed the 49ers were half-ass tackling. Dropped interceptions didn't help much either. The 49ers put very little pressure on Ponder which allowed him to eventually find someone open. How many 3rd and longs did they complete for 1st downs? Seemed like most of them.
The offense that I seen on the field was pass first to set up the run. Really? Wide open receivers over thrown or flat out missed. Gore fumbles. Sloppy route running. Dink and dunk play calling. Randy Moss on the bench for the 4th qrt when it's obviuos at the time the 49ers must stretch the field and score points. No sense of urgency. The coaching staff on both sides of the ball made little if any adjustments.
I felt like the Vikings kicked the poop out of the 49ers for 60 minuets and the game should have been a blowout.. it still amazes me the 49ers only lost by 11 points.

I'm not worried about winning the NFCW. Better to lose in September then in January or worse February.

I wouldn't say too much credit but some. You have to admit that he coached the hell out of our linebacking core and basically our front seven excluding Aldon. The D was phenomenal under his regime. Hes no legend(coaching wise) but he was instrumental in the Vikings gameplanning. Just sayin...
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:

I wouldn't say too much credit but some. You have to admit that he coached the hell out of our linebacking core and basically our front seven excluding Aldon. The D was phenomenal under his regime. Hes no legend(coaching wise) but he was instrumental in the Vikings gameplanning. Just sayin...

Tomsula is disappoint. And he gets way to much credit for our lb core. Everyone has elevated their game AFTER singlecell. There's a reason as why Patrick Willis was filmed on camera telling Leavitt "I'm so happy you're my coach"

Game planning + Singletary does not compute
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
You girls are freaking out like were the saints starting out 0-3!

Nobody is being that down on this team.
Sure, like everyone else on this site I'm upset, depressed, angry, perplexed about this loss. Then I thought back to 1987 when the Vikings beat us in the playoffs. We were #1 in offense and defense that year. This game is just a blip on the screen.
It was a matter of time before we would be exposed..Defense has a bad game, get down a few scores..Who you gonna call? 5 yard dump off Alex Smith? Yup..

Originally posted by guitarsnvettes:
It was a matter of time before we would be exposed..Defense has a bad game, get down a few scores..Who you gonna call? 5 yard dump off Alex Smith? Yup..

We won vs Philly down by 3 scores in Philly. I don't pin this loss solely on Alex because he held his helmet on the sidelines for about 35 minutes this game. The defense has to get off the field so that our previously efficient offense could chew up clock and grind out wins. Alex has played much better this season than a lot of team's QB. There has been too much success during Harbaugh's tenure to berate Alex to this degree yet as well we should not anoint him savior either. Let us see how we respond vs Jets
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

We won vs Philly down by 3 scores in Philly. I don't pin this loss solely on Alex because he held his helmet on the sidelines for about 35 minutes this game. The defense has to get off the field so that our previously efficient offense could chew up clock and grind out wins. Alex has played much better this season than a lot of team's QB. There has been too much success during Harbaugh's tenure to berate Alex to this degree yet as well we should not anoint him savior either. Let us see how we respond vs Jets

Last year is last year, AS could have countered by staying on the field longer

Perhaps I speak to soon. You are correct. However, I have seen this far too many times in the past. Maybe it was the play calling but I dont think we brought in these receivers with the fastest TE in the game to not throw the ball deep at least to keep the defense honest. Please...Just do it once in a game to get the backs on their heels. It was like color in the numbers how predictable the offense was.
We're 2-1 and haven't played a single division game just yet. I think it's safe to say that it's going to be alot tougher this year compared to last year but worried about losing the division? Not a chance.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Last year is last year, AS could have countered by staying on the field longer

he could of called ponders mom and said he wasn't playing fair and maybe she could of made him leave the field...
vikings also had 4 penalties for 1st down which helped keep their drives going
Share 49ersWebzone