There are 138 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFC West....Should we be worried?

Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by asu49ers:
The next three teams the cardinals play are Mia, STL, Buffalo. We should definitely be worried

I mean how could you not be worried. Those are 3 teams the cards can beat with exception to maybe Buffalo, that could be a toss up. Our next 3 games are @Jets, then bills and Giants at home. Those are 3 games we can easily lose if we don't get our act together. With exception to the Packer game, we can't afford to have a bad road record.

Ummm what happened today? The underdogs won. Non of AZ's upcoming games are gimmes anymore than SF's. Are the Jets really that scary? The 9ers didn't show up ready to play. Very out of character, today was.
Just glanced at the Cards next 4 games. Yeah it's set up nicely for them until they face us on MNF.
At the end of the day the Cards have Kolb and the Hawks have a rookie QB. The team needs some big plays. Let AJ and and LMJ start earning their paychecks. They came out of college labeled game breakers. Manningham is going to make some big plays. My concern all along is the passing is not going down the field. #80 and #82 used to take a five yard pass and take it to the house. I think AJ could split the seam and turn on the jets. The best thing about being a 49er fan is........next week.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Just glanced at the Cards next 4 games. Yeah it's set up nicely for them until they face us on MNF.

But look at our second half of the season after that MNF game (with the bye following), it's somewhat smoother than Zona's. Cards are gonna have to go to Lambeau when it's below 50, then Atlanta (two back-to-back trips cross-country), a home game against another dome-friendly opponant, and two brutal away games followed by the Lions & Bears.

Our final game of the season might be bumped up to SNF, the Cards might be facing us to lock down a WC spot in that final week.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by SFrush:

But look at our second half of the season after that MNF game (with the bye following), it's somewhat smoother than Zona's. Cards are gonna have to go to Lambeau when it's below 50, then Atlanta (two back-to-back trips cross-country), a home game against another dome-friendly opponant, and two brutal away games followed by the Lions & Bears.

Our final game of the season might be bumped up to SNF, the Cards might be facing us to lock down a WC spot in that final week.
So its critical that we at least keep pace with the Cards until the MNF game. We have the Hawks at home prior to that game and who knows where they'll be at by then, won't be a cake walk.

@ NO and @ NE is going to be tough ones, but not going to diminish the other teams either.
[ Edited by Baldie on Sep 23, 2012 at 7:04 PM ]
suprised of how well ARZ is playing
Cards came to play....destroyed Philly and punked the Pats. You are kidding yourself if you dont think the Cards are a threat. They've been ballin since they beat us last year (actually, a little before).
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
suprised of how well ARZ is playing

Same here. Their doing something right. Maybe learned something from the niners.
Cardinals have a BRUTAL schedule starting week 8
we could be 3-4 by the time we face the cards

I'm not worried yet. Its only week three and teams that should have one have lost. Today's loss doesn't worry me. Now if what happened today happens again then ill be worried.
Originally posted by kingairta:
I'm not worried yet. Its only week three and teams that should have one have lost. Today's loss doesn't worry me. Now if what happened today happens again then ill be worried.

What bothers me is that it was never close; we got beat on every side of the ball; and, our coaches were flat out outsmarted...
I'm rooting for the Pack tomorrow nite. I always worry about my division until it is locked up
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
What bothers me is that it was never close; we got beat on every side of the ball; and, our coaches were flat out outsmarted...

Singletary actually put his knowledge of the individual players to use, probably even had old scouting tapes he kept from 08-10; they played us in the preseason, lost an emotional game to the Colts in what many thought was due to them overlooking to 'us'.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Sep 23, 2012 at 7:25 PM ]
The Seahawks are the team to watch out for. They are very dangerous. That Carroll - Harbaugh rivalry is alive and well. We should be worried with players like Staley, Brown , Rogers and even A.Smith in key positions of a future championship team. We're a couple personnel changes away from the Lombardi.