There are 164 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFC West....Should we be worried?

Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
Seahawks look like the better team right now and Russell Wilson is clearly the best starting QB in the division now that Smith is on the bench. It's a tie between Carroll and Fisher for best HC. Yea, the 49ers have the best record, but they also have the most talent. The jobs that Carroll and Fisher have done with their respective teams have been incredible. Harbaugh could also learn a thing or two from Carroll on how to prepare a young QB.

So yes, we should be worried about the NFC West. Seahawks will likely win the division this year.

What Carroll is doing with Wilson is exactly what Harbaugh did with Alex Smith last year and Colin Kaepernick this year.

And for what it's worth, I wouldnt trade either of them for Wilson. Seattle is a good home team, but thats always been the case no matter how bad that team has been. If we can split the next 2 games, the division is ours. Or we can hope for a SEA loss @ BUF, as Seattle plays much different on the road.
Originally posted by HudsonValley:
What Carroll is doing with Wilson is exactly what Harbaugh did with Alex Smith last year and Colin Kaepernick this year.

And for what it's worth, I wouldnt trade either of them for Wilson. Seattle is a good home team, but thats always been the case no matter how bad that team has been. If we can split the next 2 games, the division is ours. Or we can hope for a SEA loss @ BUF, as Seattle plays much different on the road.

Sorry, but Colin Kaepernick is no Russell Wilson. Russell Wilson is a legit elite QB in the making and he's played well on the road in his last several games even when the rest of the team has not. Wilson's also doing this as a rookie with much less talent around him.
Originally posted by HudsonValley:

Unfortunately, the DEE let the Hawks down in their last 2 road losses (that they lost by a combined 7 points to MIA and DET).
The win in CHI in OT finally got that "road monkey" off their back and I would think a win like today would absolutely boost the DEE's confidence as they prepare for the BUF game (which, btw, isn't a home game for the Bills either, as it will be played in Toronto)
One more win and we clinch our division.
Any 1 win = playoff birth
Any 2 wins = division title
All 3 wins = Playoff bye
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Unfortunately, the DEE let the Hawks down in their last 2 road losses (that they lost by a combined 7 points to MIA and DET).
The win in CHI in OT finally got that "road monkey" off their back and I would think a win like today would absolutely boost the DEE's confidence as they prepare for the BUF game (which, btw, isn't a home game for the Bills either, as it will be played in Toronto)

And how many games did the Seahawks win in a lucky last second play?! How about Green Bay and New England for starters....
Originally posted by okdkid:
Any 1 win = playoff birth
Any 2 wins = division title
All 3 wins = Playoff bye

Correct me if I am wrong. If we beat the Seahawks, it doesn't matter about the outcome of the Patriots or Cardinals games - we win the division.
We would be 10-5-1. The best the Seahawks could be if we beat them is 10-6. So to win the division, just beat the Seahawks or must win the other two (assuming the Seahawks run the table). I f we lose to both Ppattriots and Seahawks (and Seahawks run the table), we lose the division.
[ Edited by jimmythegreekjr on Dec 9, 2012 at 10:40 PM ]
Originally posted by mattster03:
And how many games did the Seahawks win in a lucky last second play?! How about Green Bay and New England for starters....

No question the Hawks have played a lot of close games ...
their run differential in their 5 losses is only -14 ... so, I guess that means they are t h i s close to being either 13-0 OR 3-10
Granted, the GB game was highly unusual, including many calls that went against the Hawks (the last one gets the attention because, well it was the last one) but, I'll take the win because, during the course of the season, every team has it's share of good AND bad luck.
What I'm encouraged about is progress (especially from the rookie QB) and a team that seems to be gelling at the right time.
[ Edited by LisaTwelve on Dec 9, 2012 at 10:42 PM ]
The key game is Seattle, beat them, and we win the division even if we lose the other two. Otherwise we need to beat the pats and the cards to win it outright with no help.

The other combo requires Seattle to lose at least once and the niners to win at least once. So next week, beat the pats and seattle drops one to the bills and we clinch.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
RT @espn_nfcwest Note from Keith Hawkins of @ESPNStatsInfo: Longest win streaks in NFC West this yr: AZ 4, STL 3, SF 2, SEA 2

Seattle will lose in buffalo.
CJ Spiller will run wild on that seahag D.
Stupid Seahawks are causing me to get a lil concerned here

Why isn't Sherman suspended yet?
not worried
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by echav4949:

Is this true? I thought it was a win and a Seachickens loss.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 10, 2012 at 1:48 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by echav4949:

Is this true? I thought it was a win and a Seachickens loss.

You're right, mayo. We need a win + a Seahawks' loss in order to win the division.