There are 171 users in the forums

NFC West....Should we be worried?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Somehow I get the feeling they'll lose @ Buffalo.

got one of those gut feelings do you... any statistical reasoning, or just going with the gut?
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hawker84:

got one of those gut feelings do you... any statistical reasoning, or just going with the gut?

Because the seahawks are not that great on the road and Sherman will be suspended byn Friday. Fitz and the running game should put up points on the hawks defense that won't have 2 starting CB's.
Originally posted by pd24:

Because the seahawks are not that great on the road and Sherman will be suspended by Friday. Fitz and the running game should put up points on the hawks defense that won't have 2 starting CB's.

Are you sure that Sherman and Browner will be suspended Friday? I haven't heard. Maybe hawker84 can comment...
interesting.. you realize this is a team that has no vertical passing attack what so ever, not to mention that walther thurmond is back off the DL and is just a good a cover corner as sherman. having said that, CJ is a good little back so we'll have to see how we do there, never know what Defense will show up from week to week seems like. other than that, their offense does not match up well with our d at all, not saying they can't beat us, saying it's highly unlikely. but any given sunday right.

oh and i would bet that Chi & Car thinks we're pretty good on the road, can't lie about our road stats and road records, but i think we're turning the corner on that whole road woes thing, again will have to see this weekend...
rumor has it, sherman has hired his own personal attorney, and is continuing to fight the appeal, which means he might be available for sunday still,.. sounds like a stalling tactic to me, to try and stagger the suspensions so we're only two games without both... probably won't hear anything solid until wed or thursday.... bad news is longer he delays, the deeper into the playoffs he'll miss, providing we make it....
rumor has it, sherman has hired his own personal attorney, and is continuing to fight the appeal, which means he might be available for sunday still,.. sounds like a stalling tactic to me, to try and stagger the suspensions so we're only two games without both... probably won't hear anything solid until wed or thursday.... bad news is longer he delays, the deeper into the playoffs he'll miss, providing we make it....

Thanks for the info. That makes sense I guess. And with Thurmond coming back, it's not too much of drop off.

For the record, I think you guys will win 2 or 3 games to end the season. I think the Niners will win 1 or 2 games to end the season, with the Niners vs. Seahawks looming very large.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Because the seahawks are not that great on the road and Sherman will be suspended by Friday. Fitz and the running game should put up points on the hawks defense that won't have 2 starting CB's.

Are you sure that Sherman and Browner will be suspended Friday? I haven't heard. Maybe hawker84 can comment...
Browner is already out the rest of the regular season. Shermans suspension will carry to the playoffs if he gets the full 4 games.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Yeah those 7 completions took a lot out of Wilson

I was referring to "a break" in the context of the entire season thus far, not just this game.
And good for Flynn to get some reps and have some film to view ... never know when he might be needed.
some of you guys were asking about the corner suspensions... this is the latest...looking likeSherman will play out the season... can't get the link to work... but there are several new ariticles on it. should have both for the playoffs if this holds up.
[ Edited by hawker84 on Dec 13, 2012 at 7:52 AM ]
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

Because the seahawks are not that great on the road and Sherman will be suspended byn Friday. Fitz and the running game should put up points on the hawks defense that won't have 2 starting CB's.

here's some stats

Seattle is 2-5 on the road this year

Offense
Seattle ppg at home 30
Seattle ppg on the road 17

Defense
Seattle ppg at home 11.5
Seattle ppg on the road 19

Seattle will be hung over from all the hookers and blow

Buffalo will as Chris Berman would say circle the wagons and help the 9ers

Bills force two key turnovers and win 20-17

stats are a wonderful thing, to look back reflect and analyze... at the end of the day, buffalo and seattle will have to go out sunday and face off.. the best team should win.. the hookers and blow come after the game, you must have not got that memo..
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
It's going to come down to the game in Seattle for the NFC West. I'm very confident that we win that game.

Sherman will not be suspended anytime soon, his attorney's are fighting and delaying the hearing, its likely he won't start his suspension until Browner returns from his.
latest reports are they're pushing to serve the suspensions starting next year if he is indeed found guilty of using... some of the hawk posters think there may be lack of evidence, and he may win his appeal.. all speculation at this point, we could have him the rest of the season, or he could get suspended next week. no real hard facts as of yet... just rumors.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

It's in Toronto and apparently a majority of the seats will be tarped off. It should be a quiet venue and present little to no advantage for the Bills. So I disagree with you. Buffalo can't throw and they can't stop the run.

Im going to try and go to this game. I have a friend that works at the stadium and theyre probably going to give away tickets to make the place look fuller. if i go ill be wearing my niner hat, niner hoodie, willis jersey and niner T shirt underneath. my wife will also have her willis jersey. This game is a rip off. Ralph wilson stadium is a little less that 2 hrs away and you can tailgate. the prices in toronto are 3X what they are in buffalo and you cant tailgate here. plus the bills are garbage. I dont want you guys to think that just because the place will be half filled that we in Canada dont support the NFL. I actually dont watch the CFL myself, only NFL & NCAAF.

Cant wait for Sun. Night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone