There are 146 users in the forums

NFC West....Should we be worried?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
You guys are making this way too confusing. All we have to do is the same or better than the seahawks next week! Of course, this is all assuming we can beat Arizona in week 16. If we both win or both lose next week, the outcome of the head to head is inconsequential!
  • 8to80
Originally posted by mattster03:
You guys are making this way too confusing. All we have to do is the same or better than the seahawks next week! Of course, this is all assuming we can beat Arizona in week 16. If we both win or both lose next week, the outcome of the head to head is inconsequential!

We play the hawks week 16, and the cards week 17.
  • 8to80
Originally posted by HearstFan:
49ers likely record including next 3 games:
10-5-1 losses to Patriots and Hawks, win over AZ

Seattle likely record including next 3 games:
11-5 IF they beat us. Wins over Bills, us, and Rams.

S they would disgustingly win the division due to the blown packers game call. Sickening.

We absolutely have to beat the Hawks to win the division.

What if we beat the Patriots, but lose to Hawks? Who would win the division then?

I'll do the math for you. 9ers = 11-4-1, hawks = 11-5. LOL!

Don't worry, I've calculated all probable scenarios, and we will make the playoffs unless we lose all 3 remaining games and "in-the-hunt" NFC teams win all 3 of their next games.

BTW, I don't see how some of you already think we lost the game to the hawks. Even if they're at home, we are favorites to win. You guys make me sick!
[ Edited by 8to80 on Dec 9, 2012 at 8:40 PM ]
Originally posted by area49:
I don't see us winning the division. The Seahawks are only getting better, and we seem to be getting worse. Plus, we have games coming up at New England and at Seattle, and I don't see us winning those games.

It will be tough. The 49ers need this. It is not easy for any team in the history of the NFl to win a championship. This should be fun.
We play New England next week.

Seahawks play Buffalo next week.

If they win, and we lose, they are 0.5 games back with the division on the line in week 16. If they go ahead and beat us that week, then they take the division lead by 0.5 games with 1 game left to play at home vs STL.

In other words, it is CRITICAL that we beat New England OR Seattle in the next 2 weeks. If we lose both games, the division will likely go to them.

Those 2 Rams games were supposed to be our cushion. We botched.
Originally posted by BruddaIz:
It will be tough. The 49ers need this. It is not easy for any team in the history of the NFl to win a championship. This should be fun.

We did it last year on Christmas Eve! Of course, there was less on the line, but we beat them at home. Dont forget, they will most likely be a second dback short by then as well!
Originally posted by mattster03:
Originally posted by BruddaIz:

We did it last year on Christmas Eve! Of course, there was less on the line, but we beat them at home. Dont forget, they will most likely be a second dback short by then as well!
Yes they will. Im not worried...much
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
lol cardinals lol
Won't worry
The magical number is now two to win the division. Any combination of 49ers win or Seahawks losses of two will win us the division. That Week 16 game, if we win, will clinch us. I'm not too worried.

seattle can still suck it. f**k starbucks
I'll worry about it after the NE game.
Seahawks look like the better team right now and Russell Wilson is clearly the best starting QB in the division now that Smith is on the bench. It's a tie between Carroll and Fisher for best HC. Yea, the 49ers have the best record, but they also have the most talent. The jobs that Carroll and Fisher have done with their respective teams have been incredible. Harbaugh could also learn a thing or two from Carroll on how to prepare a young QB.

So yes, we should be worried about the NFC West. Seahawks will likely win the division this year.
[ Edited by TinyHandsBigHeart on Dec 9, 2012 at 9:47 PM ]
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
Seahawks look like the better team right now and Russell Wilson is clearly the best starting QB in the division now that Smith is on the bench. It's a tie between Carroll and Fisher for best HC. Yea, the 49ers have the best record, but they also have the most talent. The jobs that Carroll and Fisher have done with their respective teams have been incredible. Harbaugh could also learn a thing or two from Carroll on how to prepare a young QB.

So yes, we should be worried about the NFC West. Seahawks will likely win the division this year.

What Carroll is doing with Wilson is exactly what Harbaugh did with Alex Smith last year and Colin Kaepernick this year.

And for what it's worth, I wouldnt trade either of them for Wilson. Seattle is a good home team, but thats always been the case no matter how bad that team has been. If we can split the next 2 games, the division is ours. Or we can hope for a SEA loss @ BUF, as Seattle plays much different on the road.
Originally posted by HudsonValley:
What Carroll is doing with Wilson is exactly what Harbaugh did with Alex Smith last year and Colin Kaepernick this year.

And for what it's worth, I wouldnt trade either of them for Wilson. Seattle is a good home team, but thats always been the case no matter how bad that team has been. If we can split the next 2 games, the division is ours. Or we can hope for a SEA loss @ BUF, as Seattle plays much different on the road.

Sorry, but Colin Kaepernick is no Russell Wilson. Russell Wilson is a legit elite QB in the making and he's played well on the road in his last several games even when the rest of the team has not. Wilson's also doing this as a rookie with much less talent around him.
Share 49ersWebzone