LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 150 users in the forums

NFC West....Should we be worried?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Knowledge:
defensive player possessed the ball first....call was wrong

Originally posted by mayo49:
It's suppose to be that if it's tie ball the ball go to the offense. The thing here is that the defender comes down with the ball then the offensive player than tie's for the ball. The rule is if the player comes down with the ball it's his ball no matter what.

That's what I thought but don't see how it wasn't over turned. I didn't watch anything after so I don't really know. Crazy s**t... Good thing it wasn't us.
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
So are we as of right now

Lol one loss does not make a team a pretender.

Our division is a power house then
i think the rams are gonna end up with a better record than the seahawks. cardinals have been lucky but their defense also looks pretty solid. we had one bad game and the sky is falling around here. people need to chill out, any idiot can see we have the best team in our division
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'm glad Seatle and Arizona are playing well. It just means it'll just be more sweet when we beat them.
Yes. This division is no joke, each game will be a playoff game of sorts. Should make for an interesting season, Harbaugh & Co. what ya got?!
The Hawks play the Rams this week as well......
Originally posted by jreff22:
The Hawks play the Rams this week as well......

Rams are going to beat them. BOOK IT.
Arizona is looking really solid. Right now, they're playing the best defense any team has played in at least a few seasons. If they can get just decent play from Kolb, they'll probably win the division unless we can turn things around in a big way. In a lot of ways, they're very similar to us last season, but I think their defense is probably better than ours was by a fair margin. I think our defense is more talented, but Ray Horton is much better schematically than Fangio. They find ways to get pressure on the QB on almost every play. It seems like a lot of times this seasons (and last season too) that QBs we've faced have gotten a ton of time to wait for someone to get open.
Seahawks cannot win without the refs. -They even got an extra 4th down in that Cards game in week one (that could have been a game decider, also). -The connection is getting nasty.
We may have the third best defense in the West!!!???

Look at it this way, at least we aren't hitting on all cylinders too early in the season.

Originally posted by Joecool:
We may have the third best defense in the West!!!???

Look at it this way, at least we aren't hitting on all cylinders too early in the season.

Our schedule is built for us to build momentum upon towards the playoffs (the best kind), tough in the beginning, smoothed out towards the end. The Cards have it easy for now, but the second half of their season looks brutal (they gotta go down to Lambeau when it's below freezing, and then to the Atlanta f**k-dome).
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by Knowledge:
defensive player possessed the ball first....call was wrong

Originally posted by mayo49:
It's suppose to be that if it's tie ball the ball go to the offense. The thing here is that the defender comes down with the ball then the offensive player than tie's for the ball. The rule is if the player comes down with the ball it's his ball no matter what.

That's what I thought but don't see how it wasn't over turned. I didn't watch anything after so I don't really know. Crazy s**t... Good thing it wasn't us.

interceptions aren't awarded 10 feet in the air
Never thought I would say the West might be the toughest division in the NFC.
[ Edited by SFrush on Sep 25, 2012 at 12:27 AM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
1) Seattle
2) Arizona
3) San Francisco
4) St. Louis

Or flip 1 and 2. I just think Seattle is better. You could make a strong argument that is where things are at now.

I's rate the defenses the same way btw. And overall teams. I guess they didn't get the memo that we are supposed to be the best defense and best team.
1) Seattle
2) Arizona
3) San Francisco
4) St. Louis

Or flip 1 and 2. I just think Seattle is better. You could make a strong argument that is where things are at now.

I's rate the defenses the same way btw. And overall teams. I guess they didn't get the memo that we are supposed to be the best defense and best team.
We win this week and show last week was a bad fluke all will be fine. Kolb and Wilson still aren't doing anything at all.
Share 49ersWebzone