There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Haggans Suspended For 3 Games

Originally posted by susweel:
Baalke made a epic mistake this off season by not drafting an OLB earlier in the draft and not signing better option than Hagans.

Like who? Haggan has exp and knows the division, also may have inside information on his former team.

You guys not even thinking about salary cap, or the that the niners did draft and also picked up a UDFA, plus they had no idea that PH would get hurt when they drafted. Baalke is not infalliable, but they have a plan and are following it and I doubt any of us would have done better. They have to think not only have b/u, but ST.

In fact I remember how all the arm chair GMs questioned the pick of Culliver (I myself didn't know what to think) and even the Aldon pick was questioned. While everyone is thinking of what may be in front of their feet, they are trying to look up to see where they are going. that doesn't mean they are not glancing down at the ground. every so often.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Worst team in the NFL. So who are we picking #1 overall??
nice. we are discussing a area of need where as of right now we have NO back up to two studs. i think it merits discussion and not foolishness

It's funny you would say such a thing.
OMGzzzz... what iz we gonna do ?????

... but seriously, we will be fine. Fangio has been around a long time, and can be creative when filling in for a thin position. Have some faith in Dobbs to step in and handle his business IF we even need him to.. even if that means rolling out some 4-3 looks with Dobbs as RE and Grant as an extra backer.

More importantly.. have some faith in Baalke. We no question have a plan in place for such a likely contingency of losing whatever his name is for a few weeks.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Wouldn't be surprised if Harbaugh can make our punter or kicker into a pro bowl OLB.

Harbaugh is god

Lulz.

We have a DE and DT playing FB and a DE playing TE.

I love this team.
i wish we kept Bakhtiari
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Haggans' suspension means that the 49ers have an opening on their 53-man roster.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/09/olb-haggans-suspended-for-the-next-three-games.html#storylink=cpy

Does anyone know if this means the 49ers can just sign another player to the 53 man roster or do they need to cut a player first?
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by crabman82:
the sarcasm in here is funny, but we are in a dilemma, we were on thin ice at olb as it was, now we have no backups, u know how this league works, injuries come in bunches to a position usually. one rolled ankle and our D is a lot different

what if alex goes down?

what if vernon goes down?

what if justin goes down? what if what if what if

The answer to those 3 questions and who will be the backup OLB is Dobbs.

Actually not if Alex goes down but the others are correct.
Originally posted by DVDA:
Haggans' suspension means that the 49ers have an opening on their 53-man roster.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/09/olb-haggans-suspended-for-the-next-three-games.html#storylink=cpy

Does anyone know if this means the 49ers can just sign another player to the 53 man roster or do they need to cut a player first?

Well according to the title of that link, we "have an opening" means we can sign someone right away.. We'd just have to cut someone before the suspension is lifted.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldman9er:
OMGzzzz... what iz we gonna do ?????

... but seriously, we will be fine. Fangio has been around a long time, and can be creative when filling in for a thin position. Have some faith in Dobbs to step in and handle his business IF we even need him to.. even if that means rolling out some 4-3 looks with Dobbs as RE and Grant as an extra backer.

More importantly.. have some faith in Baalke. We no question have a plan in place for such a likely contingency of losing whatever his name is for a few weeks.

Originally posted by Wodwo:
"Earlier today the team was made aware of the NFL's decision to suspend Clark Haggans for three games," 49ers general manager Trent Baalke said in a statement. "We were certainly aware that this decision was a possibility as we evaluated Clark prior to adding him to our roster. Therefore, we are prepared to move forward accordingly."Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/09/olb-haggans-suspended-for-the-next-three-games.html#storylink=cpy

Why do people think that they don't have a plan for these things?

An NFL GM has to constantly evaluate the FAs available during the season to be prepared for injuries.

Also, Baalke is not only a former scout as someone mentioned, he is a former linebacker. This is a position he knows especially well. Not to mention that our DC is Vic Fangio... the linebacker coach of the Dome Patrol. I think the team is in pretty good hands in this situation.

I have a quote that confirms that.

In their first offseason, both Baalke and Harbaugh said the exact same thing when people here were freaking out over free agency.

"We do have a plan."
Originally posted by WildBill:
Baalke made a epic mistake this off season by not drafting an OLB earlier in the draft and not signing better option than Hagans.

Like who? Haggan has exp and knows the division, also may have inside information on his former team.

You guys not even thinking about salary cap, or the that the niners did draft and also picked up a UDFA, plus they had no idea that PH would get hurt when they drafted. Baalke is not infalliable, but they have a plan and are following it and I doubt any of us would have done better. They have to think not only have b/u, but ST.

In fact I remember how all the arm chair GMs questioned the pick of Culliver (I myself didn't know what to think) and even the Aldon pick was questioned. While everyone is thinking of what may be in front of their feet, they are trying to look up to see where they are going. that doesn't mean they are not glancing down at the ground. every so often.

Im not sure who but an earlier draft pick would have been better. In hindsight drafting LMJ (even thought I liked the pick) was a mistake, he should have taken best OLB on the board.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Im not sure who but an earlier draft pick would have been better. In hindsight drafting LMJ (even thought I liked the pick) was a mistake, he should have taken best OLB on the board.

Yep. Picking someone else would obviously have resulted in a better record at this point of the season.

Oh wait.
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Yep. Picking someone else would obviously have resulted in a better record at this point of the season.

Oh wait.

Not everything is black and white.
Haggans has been suspended three games for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

The suspension stems from a 2011 DUI arrest. It's certainly not a big loss for the 49ers defense, as Haggans didn't play in either of the first two games.
He's eligible to return Oct. 8, after the 49ers play the Bills.

Rotoworld
PANIC!!!!! BURN THE HOUSE DOWN!!!!
With Aldon's luck we may need 5 backups