There are 271 users in the forums

Haggans Suspended For 3 Games

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Great signing Baalke

First he drafts two stiffs in the first two rounds who aren't even good enough to dress for games and now this trouble maker gets suspended on a position we are paper thin at.
plus they f**king knew there was a a good chance he was going to get suspended when they signed him. they dropped the ball here in my opinion
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Worst team in the NFL. So who are we picking #1 overall??
nice. we are discussing a area of need where as of right now we have NO back up to two studs. i think it merits discussion and not foolishness

Baalke made a epic mistake this off season by not drafting an OLB earlier in the draft and not signing better option than Hagans.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Baalke made a epic mistake this off season by not drafting an OLB earlier in the draft and not signing better option than Hagans.

depth at linebacker was more of a need in the draft than a running back that early, esp now that we know the kid may not play this year
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Worst team in the NFL. So who are we picking #1 overall??
nice. we are discussing a area of need where as of right now we have NO back up to two studs. i think it merits discussion and not foolishness

they dont get it, or dont want to at least, heaven forbid something happens to one of the starters, they'll be in here freaking out
[ Edited by crabman82 on Sep 18, 2012 at 5:12 PM ]
Forgot this guy was even on the team.
we have a plan if the first two get hurt... its not the best plan cuz i do not think ck is ready and i have zero faith in walker but at least they are there... no one can take the place of justin so we are just f**ked there or other guys will just have to step up. right now there is no plan if smith and brooks gets hurt cuz there is no third linebacker now that num nuts got suspended.

No plan that you or I are aware. When they sign him, they were already aware that he may serve as much as a 3 game suspension. They were already are of PH's situation. I am more p.o. that the league only now serves notice that he will serve a 3 game suspension. Since he has been inactive, this should be retroactive and so that he has only one more game to go.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

depth at linebacker was more of a need in the draft than a running back that early, esp now that we know the kid may not play this year

Obviously we are wrong because the great Baalke can make no mistakes.
Originally posted by crabman82:
they dont get it, or dont want to at least, heaven forbid something happens to one of the starters, they'll be in here freaking out

There are needs at a lot of places, but you have to chose where to man them. We could go and strip down our ST just so that we can reserves elsewhere, we can let go of a capable starter so we can have cap room to get a capable back up.

Like I said the niners knew all of this (suspension, PH's injury, Cam not ready) when they made the move. They will deal with it accordingly, just like the niners's offense, not in a way that most on the zone would want, but their way.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by crabman82:

There are needs at a lot of places, but you have to chose where to man them. We could go and strip down our ST just so that we can reserves elsewhere, we can let go of a capable starter so we can have cap room to get a capable back up.

Like I said the niners knew all of this (suspension, PH's injury, Cam not ready) when they made the move. They will deal with it accordingly, just like the niners's offense, not in a way that most on the zone would want, but their way.

thats cool, and i'm sure they'll do something but right now we have zero back ups, i thought going through last yr with 3 olb's was risky, thought this yr was even worse bringing in a guy who wasnt here in preseason who could very well be suspended
Originally posted by HoneyBadger49er:
Originally posted by jreff22:
and the running teams are just coming up

stupid signing

why the hell do you sign this guy knowing he may get suspended?? yes our front office and coaches walk on water but even they can slip in the shower and fall down. i do not care if he was the best available free agent at the time. its like they signed him and just assumed he would not get suspended. ahhh

Maybe Baalke honestly believed he wouldn't get suspended. I'm sure they know what they're doing bud, it's not like we just lost Willis or Bowman for the season..

I suspect we signed him hoping the league would impose the suspension at the onset of the season, resulting in a worst case scenario of him being available for the Jets' game.
We could have easily managed without him for the 1st couple of games. However, the league's foot dragging really screwed over Baalke and the Niners.

Given our limited cap space, we don't really have many options. Cutting Haggans would not help because his salary is guaranteed already.

If there's an injury to an OLB during the game, we would probably play nickel the rest of the game. We won't be elevating anyone from PS until it's absolutely necessary.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
So now what happens do they bring in another dude ?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
"Earlier today the team was made aware of the NFL's decision to suspend Clark Haggans for three games," 49ers general manager Trent Baalke said in a statement. "We were certainly aware that this decision was a possibility as we evaluated Clark prior to adding him to our roster. Therefore, we are prepared to move forward accordingly."Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/09/olb-haggans-suspended-for-the-next-three-games.html#storylink=cpy

Why do people think that they don't have a plan for these things?

An NFL GM has to constantly evaluate the FAs available during the season to be prepared for injuries.

Also, Baalke is not only a former scout as someone mentioned, he is a former linebacker. This is a position he knows especially well. Not to mention that our DC is Vic Fangio... the linebacker coach of the Dome Patrol. I think the team is in pretty good hands in this situation.
Dobbs and Grant can be used outside in a jam and im sure we will now bring in somebody who is familiar with the defense. Not really worried.
Wouldn't be surprised if Harbaugh can make our punter or kicker into a pro bowl OLB.

Harbaugh is god
baalke is so stupid

he totally knew that haralson was going to get injured
Share 49ersWebzone