LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

Haggans Suspended For 3 Games

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by sspiker:
Can't we cut him, sign someone like Bakhtiari, and sign him again?

No, because if it isn't retroactive then he will be suspended when you sign him again. If it is retroactive then he has one more game. Bak, has not proved anything-no experience except pre and that is against 3rd stringers. Plus he has had a series of concussions. In the long run, the niners want someone experienced. Merriman? Are you kidding me? Mr. Steroids? Now that he is off it, he really won't be all that good. Grant can man that outside or have grant slide inside and either or current MLB slide outside temp.

The niners could also line up dobbs, it will be limiting though since coverage skills are nonexistant, but then again they will just pass rush or play the run.
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/09/olb-haggans-suspended-for-the-next-three-games.html
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by cciowa:
fire baalke now

i would at least give him a pretty good shot of castor oil for this dumb ass signing

i say fire him now, this has set back our franchise at least a couple of years

They played this guy twice over the last couple of years. I am sure Baalke keeps a running list of all signable players and if there is an injury or suspension, we will fill in with the next best option. Note the Parys Haralson situation. Baalke is a pretty good talent evaluator being that he was formerly a scout, so I am sure he has a pretty good idea what to do if we have injuries and/or suspensions. We should still hope to get through these next 3 games with 3 wins.
Originally posted by sspiker:
How do you know what the FO was thinking?

If Haggans was viewed as the best, cheapest option for our OLB3, and Some Guy was viewed as the second best option, why not sign Haggans until he's suspended and then sign Some Guy? What's the problem?

Cap space. The sky is not falling and the niners have options, this is a long term solution for the season.
Originally posted by crabman82:
the sarcasm in here is funny, but we are in a dilemma, we were on thin ice at olb as it was, now we have no backups, u know how this league works, injuries come in bunches to a position usually. one rolled ankle and our D is a lot different

what if alex goes down?

what if vernon goes down?

what if justin goes down? what if what if what if
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
the sarcasm in here is funny, but we are in a dilemma, we were on thin ice at olb as it was, now we have no backups, u know how this league works, injuries come in bunches to a position usually. one rolled ankle and our D is a lot different
i agree , i assume some type of roster move will be made in the next 48 hours???
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

what if alex goes down?

we have a plan if the first two get hurt... its not the best plan cuz i do not think ck is ready and i have zero faith in walker but at least they are there... no one can take the place of justin so we are just f**ked there or other guys will just have to step up. right now there is no plan if smith and brooks gets hurt cuz there is no third linebacker now that num nuts got suspended.
Who cares 3 games is nothing not worried about the depth along a 3 game stretch.

what if alex goes down?

dont play dumb, we have backups at those positions, olb we as of now have nothing.....the barrows blog i linked above does discuss some of the options
It's gonna be fine

Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Shawne Merriman

3 game contract.
I'm game
Worst team in the NFL. So who are we picking #1 overall??
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Great signing Baalke

First he drafts two stiffs in the first two rounds who aren't even good enough to dress for games and now this trouble maker gets suspended on a position we are paper thin at.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

what if alex goes down?

we have a plan if the first two get hurt... its not the best plan cuz i do not think ck is ready and i have zero faith in walker but at least they are there... no one can take the place of justin so we are just f**ked there or other guys will just have to step up. right now there is no plan if smith and brooks gets hurt cuz there is no third linebacker now that num nuts got suspended.

Originally posted by BayArea:
Who cares 3 games is nothing not worried about the depth along a 3 game stretch.
we have no third outside linebacker and you are not worried???
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Worst team in the NFL. So who are we picking #1 overall??
nice. we are discussing a area of need where as of right now we have NO back up to two studs. i think it merits discussion and not foolishness
Share 49ersWebzone