There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why All of the Drops with the Catchable Passes?

I'm waiting for all the Smith haters to chyme in stating that they were all Smith's fault.
Originally posted by susweel:
thats the reason they are anxious

See edit...and quit posting before I can edit! LOL...
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bigwads:
I'm waiting for all the Smith haters to chyme in stating that they were all Smith's fault.

We still have those???
Originally posted by Jcool:

We still have those???

You know Smith hasn't really done s**t he played decent against a couple of s**tty defenses. I'm gonna wait and see how he performs against the better defenses.

We still have those???

You know Smith hasn't really done s**t he played decent against a couple of s**tty defenses. I'm gonna wait and see how he performs against the better defenses.

Yeah, Jay Cutler went out and looked straight STUDLY against that Packers D. They aren't scaring anyone.
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Yeah, Jay Cutler went out and looked straight STUDLY against that Packers D. They aren't scaring anyone.

Jay Cutler is such a great QB. You gotta give him leeway against that vaunted Packers D!
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by ninermedic:

Jay Cutler is such a great QB. You gotta give him leeway against that vaunted Packers D!

All I know is homeslice has a BIG arm. World class. Can make every throw on the field.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
With Randy it's all part of the evolution of this offense, this is a complicated WCO and the timing for a lot of it isn't there yet believe it or not. The season last year started out super simple offensively and became more complex as the season progressed. This year it has started out with more of an emphasis on power running and high percentage throws, much more complicated than last year, but still not the 1994 49ers. Once they build the foundation more layers will be added for the deep posts, seams and comebacks that is Randy's forte and then Randy will see more snaps. He's really not needed for a lot of the medium and intermediate throws that the defense is expecting and it's better to have Manningham in there for his quickness.

Harbaugh and Roman are not going to be satisfied with just a conservative offense that doesn't feature deep throws, it will feature everything believe me and this will be one of the scariest offenses in the NFL. They will still bludgeon you with the running game, but you will also have to respect their deep throws with all the speed on the outside that Moss and Manningham and Davis and even Jenkins are capable of hurting you with. They're just not being impatient and going for the gold without the fundamentals built in first, adding to it as the season unfolds.

I agree. I expect to see the offense open up more and more each week. By mid-season with no injuries, I expect the offense to be just as dangerous as the defense...........

We still have those???

The new trend in bashing Alex is that whichever QB he outperforms, it "doesn't me s**t" because our defense is better, nice. You guys are very creative.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Alex does not place his balls properly.

so this

i mean who catches the ball with the hands anyway

maybe the receivers should be women

We still have those???

You got to mix it up though. You are being too predictable lately you are catching me off guard. Let me guess when he does well vs what you consider a good defense it will be a fluke and you will want to see it done 5 more times?
Im glad this is our only problem......hahaha we'll fix this sh** up....

I'm waiting to see if I like his Hall of Fame induction speech! Can't just judge a guy by his play on the field!
Early in the season has nothing to do with catching the football. The ball is not any harder to catch early than it is late. I say it is a lack of focus and Walker just seems to have hands of stone he is overrated here on the zone. Good blocker and good special teams but average or less TE.
Don't think Walker is over rated by most on the zone. We just appreciate what JH has said about his ability to play multiple positions and understanding the playbook better than any other player except Smith last year. Just a very versatile player with a hit or miss record for catching the ball.