LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

Why All of the Drops with the Catchable Passes?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
#WhinerTalk
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
randy's not gonna be happy for long with such little contributions.

yah he gonna check out soon.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
this is something harbaugh needs to fix

I think the WR's need to fix themselves. These are not rookies dropping balls. You can only coach them so much.
With Randy it's all part of the evolution of this offense, this is a complicated WCO and the timing for a lot of it isn't there yet believe it or not. The season last year started out super simple offensively and became more complex as the season progressed. This year it has started out with more of an emphasis on power running and high percentage throws, much more complicated than last year, but still not the 1994 49ers. Once they build the foundation more layers will be added for the deep posts, seams and comebacks that is Randy's forte and then Randy will see more snaps. He's really not needed for a lot of the medium and intermediate throws that the defense is expecting and it's better to have Manningham in there for his quickness.

Harbaugh and Roman are not going to be satisfied with just a conservative offense that doesn't feature deep throws, it will feature everything believe me and this will be one of the scariest offenses in the NFL. They will still bludgeon you with the running game, but you will also have to respect their deep throws with all the speed on the outside that Moss and Manningham and Davis and even Jenkins are capable of hurting you with. They're just not being impatient and going for the gold without the fundamentals built in first, adding to it as the season unfolds.
[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Sep 17, 2012 at 5:15 PM ]
  • Chief
  • Veteran
It's because Alex has small hands.
Whining and whining......
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
I think the WR's need to fix themselves. These are not rookies dropping balls. You can only coach them so much.

by fix i mean harbaugh will address it as a major concern
Why all the drops? Answer is Timing, Timing, Timing, oh and a bit of chemistry! Our pass catchers and Qb are just getting used to the expanded offensive scheme. Plus with Alex's new and improved mechanics and ball placement. Offensive players are just getting used to seeing the ball being put in the proper spot, which wasn't always wasn't the case in the past.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
randy's not gonna be happy for long with such little contributions.

yah he gonna check out soon.
Meh, maybe Jenkins would get some playing time. I hate how Randy falls to the ground as soon as he catches it
Originally posted by Bleed49ers4Life:
Why all the drops? Answer is Timing, Timing, Timing, oh and a bit of chemistry! Our pass catchers and Qb are just getting used to the expanded offensive scheme. Plus with Alex's new and improved mechanics and ball placement. Offensive players are just getting used to seeing the ball being put in the proper spot, which wasn't always wasn't the case in the past.
it really had nothig to do with timing

most of these were just drops and the second thing is dumb

they do practice together you know and even last year we led the nfl in drops and a drop is characterized when 100% of blame is placed on the WR
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Sep 18, 2012 at 6:57 AM ]

Too many folks speaking for Randy Moss! Let him speak for himself. As for the drops, that is a lack of concentration and can be cured, to some extent as it was for Rice, VD, etc. Time with the jugs machine and playing toss on the sidelines to keep their eyes and hands sharp would help.

But isn't it nice to lead the NFL in drops and still be 2-0? I'll take it if they are working on the problem...and if JH isn't working on the problem I would be shocked!
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Meh, maybe Jenkins would get some playing time. I hate how Randy falls to the ground as soon as he catches it

Why have him take a bunch of unnessesary shots. He's not gonna break any tackles catching this underneath stuff. I'm not saying the coaches are hiding anything but I promise you they are making sure Randy is fresh for the playoffs.
Jim Harbaugh will fix it just like hes fixed everything else
having to now relive the 3 straight drops as we opened the 4th quarter...
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Too many folks speaking for Randy Moss! Let him speak for himself. As for the drops, that is a lack of concentration and can be cured, to some extent as it was for Rice, VD, etc. Time with the jugs machine and playing toss on the sidelines to keep their eyes and hands sharp would help.

But isn't it nice to lead the NFL in drops and still be 2-0? I'll take it if they are working on the problem...and if JH isn't working on the problem I would be shocked!

I agree with you that I would rather be 2-0 and still have problems that need to be corrected and continue to win while getting these problems sorted out and corrected.
Share 49ersWebzone