There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why All of the Drops with the Catchable Passes?

I think the drops were due to a variety of things. I remember seeing a couple short throws to running backs that seemed to have too much zip on them. Alex could work on those touch passes... the short dump-offs to RBs and TEs. However, you allow the defense a better chance to make a play on the ball with those kinds of throws. So there is a trade-off.

Bruce Miller's bobble bothered me. But he is a converted DE so I have some patience there. Also, Manningham missed a very catchable ball. But he did have to reach for it... Overall he has played well, I'll give him a break this week.

The only player that really concerns me is D. Walker. He struggled last week and again this week. He is an experienced pass catching TE and these are easy catches that are bouncing off his hands, chest, and face. There is no excuse for that!
Originally posted by blm7754:
I think the drops were due to a variety of things. I remember seeing a couple short throws to running backs that seemed to have too much zip on them. Alex could work on those touch passes... the short dump-offs to RBs and TEs. However, you allow the defense a better chance to make a play on the ball with those kinds of throws. So there is a trade-off.

Bruce Miller's bobble bothered me. But he is a converted DE so I have some patience there. Also, Manningham missed a very catchable ball. But he did have to reach for it... Overall he has played well, I'll give him a break this week.

The only player that really concerns me is D. Walker. He struggled last week and again this week. He is an experienced pass catching TE and these are easy catches that are ubouncing off his hands, chest, and face. There is no excuse for that!

Manninham alligator armed that one.
Bruce Miller's bobble bothered me. But he is a converted DE so I have some patience there.

The drops in this game were inexcusable OTHER than Millers bobble IMO. This pass was very inaccurate, was thrown very low, and turned Miller around. Also, this pass was VERY late. It could still have been caught, but in this case, the pass was the reason for the incompletion.

Every other drop should have been caught. Period.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Bruce Miller's bobble bothered me. But he is a converted DE so I have some patience there.

The drops in this game were inexcusable OTHER than Millers bobble IMO. This pass was very inaccurate, was thrown very low, and turned Miller around. Also, this pass was VERY late. It could still have been caught, but in this case, the pass was the reason for the incompletion.

Sucks..i really wanted to see what he could have done if he caught it
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by Esco:
Alexspiracy

ALEX'S PIRACY

lol
Gore also had a drop too.
Only done with the first half. Three legit drops so far. I don't consider Kyle W's a drop in that half. The ILB timed his hit very well and knocked it away before Kyle had much chance to secure the pass. Could have even gotten a defensive PI, but the timing was oh so close.

(not even sure Kyle was blamed for a first half drop, but just sayin')
Fluke game, they'll fix it
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

Sucks..i really wanted to see what he could have done if he caught it

Even if he had caught it, the gain wouldnt have been nearly what it could have been, had the ball been thrown when it should have been.
It'll get done and improve as the season progresses.
My theory:

The ball is spread so much and we are not like a normal offense that feeds the usual players 10 or so times a game. Even our better players may not get called upon for an entire quarter due to the game plan.

So, when they do, they may get a little too excited or are not in a flow.
Originally posted by Joecool:
My theory:

The ball is spread so much and we are not like a normal offense that feeds the usual players 10 or so times a game. Even our better players may not get called upon for an entire quarter due to the game plan.

it's a good theory... QBs are not the only players that play better when they get into a steady rhythm. WRs can lose focus and energy being frequently used as decoys or just not getting enough love from their QB. That's how we play though, so they just gotta stay focused and ready.
Alex does not place his balls properly.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by Joecool:
My theory:

it's a good theory... QBs are not the only players that play better when they get into a steady rhythm. WRs can lose focus and energy being frequently used as decoys or just not getting enough love from their QB. That's how we play though, so they just gotta stay focused and ready.

I kind of agree with this but I was expecting someone to blame Alex for throwing these balls between the numbers or for hitting their hands...and that is why they couldn't catch it. B/c they aren't used to a QB throwing good, accurate passes and the players want to know who this QB is?

It sucks b/c most of these passes are RIGHT where they need to be for RAC and they are still dropping them. Did you see that catch by their TE last night? That one-hander, pulled it in across his body for like 8 yards? I only our guys could catch good throws...imagine the Madde/FF numbers! LOL
Originally posted by susweel:
Alex does not place his balls properly.

so this

i mean who catches the ball with the hands anyway