Detroit was dirty

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
yea, but ur name is "DirtyP"

touche
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
also on that incomplete pass to KW, dude clearly hit him early but Collinsworth was like, "perfect timing, great play." Even in real time, I could see KW was hit early.

looked clean to me

No, the defender hit KW before the ball arrived.

Just about to post on this...

whoop there it is. stupid ref was too busy laughing at himself for falling to call the PI.
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Sep 17, 2012 at 1:11 PM ]
these refs are bad, they miss too many obvious things. We need the real refs back
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
these refs are bad, they miss too many obvious things. We need the real refs back

not only that. they constantly contradict each other. One will say one thing, the other the opposite. How they decide who's right, who know?
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

not only that. they constantly contradict each other. One will say one thing, the other the opposite. How they decide who's right, who know?

rock, paper, scissors
The sack on stafford play really pissed me off. I mean cmon man what if that was Alex and he got hurt on the 2nd sack? I would be pissed then having to waste a challenge to prove that your QB was sacked earlier. Harbaugh probably would have killed a ref if that happened to us
Originally posted by joebbadass:
There were several cheap shots in this game. Forearm to the face of Alex, Walker kicked, etc. Green Bay got away with the helmet to helmet hit after Gore scored last week. I wonder what the Lions get away with this week. Harbaugh's description of the Lions as "chippy" was affirmed during the game. The 9ers beat Detroit because they are a better team. The Lions are weasel-punks who couldn't stand up to men.

That coulda been called a late hit maybe, but you can hit a runner helmet to helmet (I.E. Donte Whitners hit on Pierre Thomas). It's when they are in the act of catching the ball (defenseless receiver) or if it's a QB that they call that.

I haven't re-watched the game yet but I can't think of any glaring dirty plays that stick out. The hit on Alex was iffy but the dude had already left his feet as Alex was sliding so I can't be too mad at that. Call could have gone either way though.

This is football people not synchronized swimming.

Edit: Right after I posted this, on NFL live, they just showed that hit on Alex. I take what I said back. That was a dirty ass hit. He'll be getting a fine.
[ Edited by KegBert on Sep 17, 2012 at 1:29 PM ]
Was N. Suh a factor in the game? I didn't get to watch.
Originally posted by fister30:
Was N. Suh a factor in the game? I didn't get to watch.

not at all. He smacked alex good a time or two, but other than that, he got handled. Their entire DL got man handled.
Roger Goodell is such a cheap b*****d why the f**k doesn't he just pay the refs the tiny bit more money they want? Only a matter of time before they start costing teams important games.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Roger Goodell is such a cheap b*****d why the f**k doesn't he just pay the refs the tiny bit more money they want? Only a matter of time before they start costing teams important games.

it's not just the money. there are other issues with the contracts. One I know about is that the NFL wanted to bring in a couple/few more ref crews so that other crews could be "benched" if they had a bad game. The refs and their union obviously are not down with that. I think it's a good idea. They should be accountable for mistakes they make.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
also on that incomplete pass to KW, dude clearly hit him early but Collinsworth was like, "perfect timing, great play." Even in real time, I could see KW was hit early.

looked clean to me

No, the defender hit KW before the ball arrived.

Just about to post on this...

In real time, that's good D.
i saw the PI in real time and I'm half blind.
Didn't know you where allowed to tackle the reciever before they caught the ball. Learn something new every day.
You guys really want the same refs who stole the NFC championship to have their jobs back , plus receive whatever they are holding out for? (like on Pawnstars) NOT ONLY, NO BUT HELL NO!!!!