LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Detroit was dirty

Shop Find 49ers gear online
There were several cheap shots in this game. Forearm to the face of Alex, Walker kicked, etc. Green Bay got away with the helmet to helmet hit after Gore scored last week. I wonder what the Lions get away with this week. Harbaugh's description of the Lions as "chippy" was affirmed during the game. The 9ers beat Detroit because they are a better team. The Lions are weasel-punks who couldn't stand up to men.
Okay
The replacement refs are obviously in over their head. Throughout the league there were so many illegal hits that weren't called. This is after last year, when a defensive player couldn't even hit a guy hard most of the time. Teams are picking up on this and there has been "dirty" play throughout the league. Detroit has a "chippy" cheap attitude like their punk a55 coach. They obviously lack discipline (look at their offseason and the running into kicker penalty). The lack of discipline will cost them. But, I don't think you can really point at one team and say they are the only ones taking cheap shots. This is a bigger issue cause of the replacement refs, IMO.
Correction.... Detroit is Dirty.

And if you followed them last season you already know this.
are you sure they didn't just lose their balance while getting up? 3

oh ok
DET was hitting our OL up the chin and facemask all night. I can see why Staley talked smack. Saw it happen Delanie 3 times.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I'll be honest...I'm actually fine with some of the dirty stuff not being called. Refs just need to let them play and settle stuff on the field. The way the NFL had become prior to this...ref micromanagement was killing the continuity of the game.

These college refs are used to letting more contact go, and I don't think that's a bad thing. The NFL's 500 page legal screed of a rulebook is a disaster anyway.

Note that this is not a defense of the general incompetence of the refs though...just pointing out a positive side effect of it. For instance, they might be letting more contact go, but that PI call against Culliver was mind-bogglingly wtfever bad.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
meh

• cciowa
  • Veteran
yes, we all knew that. when they stop winning like they are about to,, that schtick will get old. they are just little girlie bullies who can not take it when someone stands up to thier s**t
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
are you sure they didn't just lose their balance while getting up? 3

if he ever tried that s**t with us.......AD would kill him
[ Edited by jreff22 on Sep 17, 2012 at 11:34 AM ]
the poke in the eye to VD looked very intentional.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I loved Collinsworthless' little solilquy in the middle of the game about "how he had to hand it to the Lions" for "playing mean and chippy" and just congratulating them for caring enough to be the biggest cheapshot posse in the league.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by kray28:
I loved Collinsworthless' little solilquy in the middle of the game about "how he had to hand it to the Lions" for "playing mean and chippy" and just congratulating them for caring enough to be the biggest cheapshot posse in the league.

I've mentioned it a few time, but Colinsworth was pissing me off. I seriously think he has a grudge against us.

Oh of course he does, you would too if your whole career was bookended by having your only chance for a ring snatched away from you by the same team.
Share 49ersWebzone