LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Week 2: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DirtyP:
I think you might have some sand in your vagina.

Please check your pm's.
  • Bodhi
  • Veteran
I don't think the pass rush should be a concern at all. We just contained two of the best passing offenses in the league. Aldon may not look as explosive this year, but I think a lot of that is because we're playing so many defensive backs to stop guys like Rodgers and Calvin. I expect a big game from Aldon this upcoming week.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Put it this way. The Colts got 4 sacks and on Ponder last week and the Jags got 2 on them in week 1. Now I'm not hating on Freeny and Mathis or even Mincey and Knighton but we have a front 7 infinity better then either of those teams. This is going to be an ugly game for the Vikings OL.
Originally posted by Bodhi:
I don't think the pass rush should be a concern at all. We just contained two of the best passing offenses in the league. Aldon may not look as explosive this year, but I think a lot of that is because we're playing so many defensive backs to stop guys like Rodgers and Calvin. I expect a big game from Aldon this upcoming week.

Interesting comment! I have been wondering if Fangio is using so many different defensive looks so that throughout the year the team will be impossible to scheme against. Willis out, five CBs, four man line playing the run with everyone else dropping, three many line rushing...so many different looks! Have to love these coaches.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Yup. THAT'S what I said.

Don't let actually reading what I said get in the way of a lame attempt at sarcasm.

You are right about one thing...the zone kills me too. Always some guy out there distorting what you said to try to sound "smart".

FAIL.

I think you might have some sand in your vagina.

Nice response. You make some great points.

Moving on.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Oh you will...you will.

Play action is the bread and butter of Harbaugh and Roman's offence.
Every single deep throw on Luck's proday was of playaction.

Right now we do not need it it yet, also the defences now that we're running out of the Jumbo package yet they still can't stop us.

What I noticed on Franks TD is that the whole Oline was a yard deep in the endzone, he walked in. In years past it was the other way round.
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Alex Smith is the toughest Quarterback in the league.

Alot of media elitists and fellow zoners would disagree with you but I strongly agree. Can't tell you how impressed I am with Smith's mental and physical toughness. Harbaugh isn't blowing smoke up the media's skirts when he says that Alex "is tough as a $2 steak".
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I actually worried about this being a trap game, even tho Lions are a tough and good team. Let down after beating up on GB was my concern...it was obviously wrong. Man what a difference having the league's worst 3 HCs and now having the league's best HC has made, esp for alex, then for the entire team as a whole. Talent on this team is just extraordinary, proving once again that baalke was GM of the Year last yr. Jeez we got 5 DBs that are out of sight, the best 4 LBs in the entire league,, and an incredible 3 man front ( or 4 if aldon is on the LOS). As for O, running game is actually better than last yr, Frank being better, plus Hunter being a great change of pace....maybe because our OL is way better than last yr? TEs, Vernon is playing at an A+ level, and instead of just crabs at WR, we now have moss, mario, and crbs, each one allowing the others to get open....and as noted, jacobs, jenkins, AJ, and laMichael aren't even on the field. Just how rich are we on talent? Super rich i guess is the answer. No need to talk about the play of alex. Sure don't hear much "alex this" and "alex that" anymore.

With Erickson, noln, bigMike, we would be a good 7-9 team this yr with luck. NO question our MVP is...Coach Harbaugh. Ever notice when erickson, noln, and BM were here that nobody called them "coach"? Well, there was a dam good reason...because they weren't . Seeing the real thing up close and personal...is a thrill every time this team steps on the field. Among other things, Schwarz got outcoached last nite in addition to being out talented. That is a pretty tough thing to beat, and my 11-5 assuming a loss at GB, went to 14-2. Now I am thinking maybe one trap game loss, say 15-1...SEA, Rams, or maybe AZ at one of their home games. Based on two games....barring major injuries, it is hard to see us getting beat. On top of that, our bench, courtesy of Baalke/Coach has amazing depth, from QB to DB to LB to OL to DL and on down the line. WOWW, or zzzzzzowie. We haven't been exposed to anything like this since Coach Walsh hung it up. The D playcalling and O playcalling are not just fantastic, they are fun to watch...errr....with the exception of the last onside kick. That did cause a bit of rear end pucker. Came out alright, tho, and i now wonder if fangio didn't dare them to do that intentionally.After some thot, i guess he did. Still it was close...but it was exciting as well as interesting.

As they say, if your team gives them your best, the game is interesting, then even in a loss , you go home satisfied. Sure makes it a lot more fun, tho, when we win.

Marvin, nice job and thanks.

trap game means we are worried and looking ahead to the Jets

that's not the definition of a trap game lol
Donnie, I am of the persuasion, where following a good...or great win...the team lets down the next week, as in a trap game. Also trap games occur when as you say, we overlook the game this week because of the nut cutter the following week. My recollection is both are trap games. In any event, it isn't a big deal to me, and probably is a matter of semantics about a strange usuage of the word "trap"

Moving on.

Obviously you don't understand that my original comment was not directed at you personally. Continue moving on.

Moving on.

Obviously you don't understand that my original comment was not directed at you personally. Continue moving on.

You remind me of evil. He was a grump, too.
[ Edited by OKC49erFan on Sep 19, 2012 at 7:41 AM ]
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

Moving on.

You remind me of evil. He was a grump, too.

lol. :-P
Share 49ersWebzone