There are 164 users in the forums

Week 2: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
My only complaint is the jumbo package with the extra o and d lineman in short yardage. Seems when we need that yard or two for a first down the D is just waiting on it and we get stuffed. Would like to see some playaction and a deep shot down the field on these short yardage situations.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
My only complaint is the jumbo package with the extra o and d lineman in short yardage. Seems when we need that yard or two for a first down the D is just waiting on it and we get stuffed. Would like to see some playaction and a deep shot down the field on these short yardage situations.

Oh you will...you will.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Oh you will...you will.

I'm sure we will at some time
Most impressive play was when Crabtee caught that slant and it was timed perfectly for Gore to be there to block the defender ready to tackle on catch.

Now THAT's play design!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Most impressive play was when Crabtee caught that slant and it was timed perfectly for Gore to be there to block the defender ready to tackle on catch.

Totally agree. I mentioned it in the Crabtree section of my first post.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Funny you say that. I think the last two games, McDonald has made a good case for defensive MVP. He has been extremely disruptive this season.

Didn't say he isn't having an excellent season. That doesn't make him a better player than Justin Smith

The jumbo package is where we're missing Jacobs for his short yardage role the most. Hopefully he returns to practice this week.
[ Edited by SFrush on Sep 17, 2012 at 5:23 PM ]

That was a great play design for sure. Great job once again Marvin49! It is a great thing knowing that this team still has a bunch of things to improve on and get better and everyone is really beginning to see just how good this team has become. This is going to be a great season! Sit back and enjoy it 49ers fans.
Oh you will...you will.

I'm sure we will at some time

It's all part of the chessgame within the bigger chessgame that ol' Mad Doctor Harbaugh runs...
This is one of the better games I remember Crabs playing. He was HUGE on third down, made some really tough catches down the stretch and worked that YAC.

Really impressed by him and Alex.

Originally posted by SFrush:

The jumbo package is where we're missing Jacobs for his short yardage role the most. Hopefully he returns to practice this week.

Jumbo Package has delivered 3 touchdowns so far.
Originally posted by DirtyP:
First Bowman is better than Willis, now Aldon Smith has lost his explosion. The zone kills me. Whats next, Ray Mac is better than Justin Smith?

Yup. THAT'S what I said.

Don't let actually reading what I said get in the way of a lame attempt at sarcasm.

You are right about one thing...the zone kills me too. Always some guy out there distorting what you said to try to sound "smart".

FAIL.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Sep 17, 2012 at 8:33 PM ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:

10) What a difference: How quickly things changed. The Niners are 2-0, beat 2 playoff teams fairly easily, and when the game ended yesterday all I could really think about was how much better they COULD have played. Seven dropped passes. BS PI call. Fumbled kickoff. A few years ago I'd have been on cloud 9 after that game. I think we may have crossed over into being one of those teams that simply EXPECTS to win. Not a team thats confident it CAN win, but a team that EXPECTS to win and isn't satisfied with just winning. They see what they can improve on even when they dominate. Great time to be a Niner fan right now.

Thanks as always Marvin!

Agree--how quickly things change! The whole way through the first two games I was comfortable that they were in hand...that the 9ers would win unless they turned over the ball or really had some freaky plays like the Dallas game last year.

With this in mind I so look forward to the team improving a bit each week until they are literally crushing bad teams and demoralizing good teams.

Finally, this team looks like it could weather major injuries and still play well. Not talking about Ginn and Jacobs, but that is a good example. They have three CBs playing really well, and they have been winning without a ferocious pass rush...no need yet. They have the ability to take Willis off the field and play a winning scheme without him. The same is true with the offense, where they can run with several backs, pass to any of ten receivers (counting backs), and endure good but not great line play.

This is a well built, versatile team that is getting stronger. As the young guys are filtered in...wow! So fun to be a niner fan!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Sep 17, 2012 at 9:02 PM ]
I actually worried about this being a trap game, even tho Lions are a tough and good team. Let down after beating up on GB was my concern...it was obviously wrong. Man what a difference having the league's worst 3 HCs and now having the league's best HC has made, esp for alex, then for the entire team as a whole. Talent on this team is just extraordinary, proving once again that baalke was GM of the Year last yr. Jeez we got 5 DBs that are out of sight, the best 4 LBs in the entire league,, and an incredible 3 man front ( or 4 if aldon is on the LOS). As for O, running game is actually better than last yr, Frank being better, plus Hunter being a great change of pace....maybe because our OL is way better than last yr? TEs, Vernon is playing at an A+ level, and instead of just crabs at WR, we now have moss, mario, and crbs, each one allowing the others to get open....and as noted, jacobs, jenkins, AJ, and laMichael aren't even on the field. Just how rich are we on talent? Super rich i guess is the answer. No need to talk about the play of alex. Sure don't hear much "alex this" and "alex that" anymore.

With Erickson, noln, bigMike, we would be a good 7-9 team this yr with luck. NO question our MVP is...Coach Harbaugh. Ever notice when erickson, noln, and BM were here that nobody called them "coach"? Well, there was a dam good reason...because they weren't . Seeing the real thing up close and personal...is a thrill every time this team steps on the field. Among other things, Schwarz got outcoached last nite in addition to being out talented. That is a pretty tough thing to beat, and my 11-5 assuming a loss at GB, went to 14-2. Now I am thinking maybe one trap game loss, say 15-1...SEA, Rams, or maybe AZ at one of their home games. Based on two games....barring major injuries, it is hard to see us getting beat. On top of that, our bench, courtesy of Baalke/Coach has amazing depth, from QB to DB to LB to OL to DL and on down the line. WOWW, or zzzzzzowie. We haven't been exposed to anything like this since Coach Walsh hung it up. The D playcalling and O playcalling are not just fantastic, they are fun to watch...errr....with the exception of the last onside kick. That did cause a bit of rear end pucker. Came out alright, tho, and i now wonder if fangio didn't dare them to do that intentionally.After some thot, i guess he did. Still it was close...but it was exciting as well as interesting.

As they say, if your team gives them your best, the game is interesting, then even in a loss , you go home satisfied. Sure makes it a lot more fun, tho, when we win.

Marvin, nice job and thanks.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Sep 17, 2012 at 10:08 PM ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Yup. THAT'S what I said.

Don't let actually reading what I said get in the way of a lame attempt at sarcasm.

You are right about one thing...the zone kills me too. Always some guy out there distorting what you said to try to sound "smart".

FAIL.

I think you might have some sand in your vagina.
Share 49ersWebzone