There are 171 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 3)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
This was almost a mirror image to that f**king Cards loss last season; dome game, physically out-matched. -They forced Alex into the same mistakes (within the same manor) as the Cards did, the games are so similar it's creepy...

It was a mirror image of how we beat teams. Just never thought I would see a lame duck coach like Leslie Frazier take Harbaugh's formula and use it to convincingly beat him with it.

Leslie saw us do it to both of his division's frontrunners so he just might try it on us and on them and see if he might save his job
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
all around bad performance today. Including coaching. We'll bounce back.
a lot of guts by frazier to go for it on 4th and goal on first drive

I dont think Harbaugh would have
I hate seeing us lose!!! This game was our wake up call, I had a feeling this game would be a trap. I think we got big headed and thought teams would just lay down for us. This game will help us stay hungry and focused!! We are fine niners do not panic yet. I feel sorry for the jets next week... On second thought no I don't. Go niners!!!!
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
oh no, we suck again!

Yup, seasons over pack it up. Seriously guys, you didn't really expect us to go 16-0?", did you?

It was our first 10 am game of the year. Perfect trap game. We will be better prepared for jets. Hopefully it's cold to wake our team up.
No team that has the 49ers on their schedule will take us lightly. We are their measuring stick. They will play all out like its their super bowl moment. We are the hunted.
Originally posted by ace49ers:
No team that has the 49ers on their schedule will take us lightly. We are their measuring stick. They will play all out like its their super bowl moment. We are the hunted.

I want last season again.
Our D was owned more than our offense, and this could possibly be due to everything Singletary fed Frasier; our personnel was like an open book to Sing. From a hindsight Sing may come off as a hot-tempered ignoramus, but he's also a very cunning individual, and a great motivational speaker.

Sing knew all the nuances/habits of every major defensive player on our squad other than Aldon Smith (specially Willis and Bowman whom he taught everything they know now), and the Vikes fed on this for about three weeks, they lost the Colts game after looking ahead to us (and studied raw preseason film from almost two months ago). Vikings literally set their entire focus around this game, and served their assistant coach/motivational speaker right.

I guarantee you the Vikings will never again play any other team the rest of the season to the level/extremity of planning they played us in the flaw-less manor they did, nor will any other team be able to execute such a plan upon us which they molded to shut down our defense. This game was Singletary's revenge, and nothing more.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Sep 23, 2012 at 7:44 PM ]
A few notes from this game:

We deserved to lose this game, Ponder looks much improved, they basically out played us in all aspects of the game.

These refs are a complete joke. I swear Harbaugh used his second time out rather then the third one on that challenge, can anyone comfirm this? The next challenge allowed to him was a mistake. Also two unecessary roughness penalties on the drive that basically put the nail in our coffin. That's a free 30 yards on bogus penalty calls.

I laughed out loud after Gerhardt's third fumble in 3 plays in a row but I basically already knew we wouldn't win that game at that point.

Donte Whitner has got to intercept that pass and take it to the house. He is a quality safety but that was just brutal I threw a couch pillow across the room.

Alex Smith didn't really do anything to lose the game until that interception when the game seemed kind of out of hand even at that point. But I haven't seen this guy throw a long bomb to Moss or Manningham yet. You have to take a couple shots deep even with an incompletion it changes that way defenses prepare for you and I'm sorry but I've seen Smith complete some nice long passes to Bryant when he was here when Smith was young so there is no doubt in my mind he can connect with a Huge Target like Moss. Then when they start giving him more of a cushion, dink and dunk it all the way up the field.

Harbaugh just didn;'t call a good game. I was yelling at my tv for him to go for it on 4th and 2 when the kick was blocked, and when I saw the field goal team trott out I wanted a fake field goal called, with all the vikings going for a block, perfect time to run a trick play. There was another 4th down with I think 6 or 7 minutes left I thought he should have gone for it. What do you have to lose by taking a few chances here and there on 4th down when you are down 11 points? Harbaugh has to show more balls in these situations and have some faith in his offense to pick up a measely yard or 2 or 3 on 4th.

Vikings Oline looks much much better then ours and that was a big difference in these teams no matter how much more talented we are at other spots. Kalil handled Whoever he was blocking on almost every play and was pushing guys around like they were rag dolls. Dude was a solid draft pick and will be a pro bowler for a long time. Staley is a middle of the pack left tackle and he held up most plays but was flat out beaten by Jarred Allen on several plays.

The Secondary played great, but it was counter acted by the vikes O-line holding our pass rush off and giving Ponder time to move around, and when we did get close to him, we didn't finish the play and put a hit on him. He looks years ahead of last year and with that kind of protection should have a good career.

I understand passing after the vikes scored a few times early but you have to go back to your running game. If we can shove detroits front 7 round then we can certainly push these guys around.

Overall now that I think of it the schedule looks tougher then I first realised. Green Bay, Minny and New York on the road in the first 4 weeks, New England and the NFC west is no cake walk. If we play up to our standards that have been set, then we can beat any team in the NFL, but when you let your guard down on the road any team can beat us as well. That's why they say any given sunday. The Jets had a big win today and the niners have to put them back in their place next weekend.
A few notes from this game:

We deserved to lose this game, Ponder looks much improved, they basically out played us in all aspects of the game.

These refs are a complete joke. I swear Harbaugh used his second time out rather then the third one on that challenge, can anyone comfirm this? The next challenge allowed to him was a mistake. Also two unecessary roughness penalties on the drive that basically put the nail in our coffin. That's a free 30 yards on bogus penalty calls.

I laughed out loud after Gerhardt's third fumble in 3 plays in a row but I basically already knew we wouldn't win that game at that point.

Donte Whitner has got to intercept that pass and take it to the house. He is a quality safety but that was just brutal I threw a couch pillow across the room.

Alex Smith didn't really do anything to lose the game until that interception when the game seemed kind of out of hand even at that point. But I haven't seen this guy throw a long bomb to Moss or Manningham yet. You have to take a couple shots deep even with an incompletion it changes that way defenses prepare for you and I'm sorry but I've seen Smith complete some nice long passes to Bryant when he was here when Smith was young so there is no doubt in my mind he can connect with a Huge Target like Moss. Then when they start giving him more of a cushion, dink and dunk it all the way up the field.

Harbaugh just didn;'t call a good game. I was yelling at my tv for him to go for it on 4th and 2 when the kick was blocked, and when I saw the field goal team trott out I wanted a fake field goal called, with all the vikings going for a block, perfect time to run a trick play. There was another 4th down with I think 6 or 7 minutes left I thought he should have gone for it. What do you have to lose by taking a few chances here and there on 4th down when you are down 11 points? Harbaugh has to show more balls in these situations and have some faith in his offense to pick up a measely yard or 2 or 3 on 4th.

Vikings Oline looks much much better then ours and that was a big difference in these teams no matter how much more talented we are at other spots. Kalil handled Whoever he was blocking on almost every play and was pushing guys around like they were rag dolls. Dude was a solid draft pick and will be a pro bowler for a long time. Staley is a middle of the pack left tackle and he held up most plays but was flat out beaten by Jarred Allen on several plays.

The Secondary played great, but it was counter acted by the vikes O-line holding our pass rush off and giving Ponder time to move around, and when we did get close to him, we didn't finish the play and put a hit on him. He looks years ahead of last year and with that kind of protection should have a good career.

I understand passing after the vikes scored a few times early but you have to go back to your running game. If we can shove detroits front 7 round then we can certainly push these guys around.

Overall now that I think of it the schedule looks tougher then I first realised. Green Bay, Minny and New York on the road in the first 4 weeks, New England and the NFC west is no cake walk. If we play up to our standards that have been set, then we can beat any team in the NFL, but when you let your guard down on the road any team can beat us as well. That's why they say any given sunday. The Jets had a big win today and the niners have to put them back in their place next weekend.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
The good news is we only have 2 more 10am games left.
Ponder >>> Kaepernick
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Ponder >>> Kaepernick

Ponder >>> smith

At least today he was
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Ponder >>> Kaepernick

To be determined.
Originally posted by susweel:
The good news is we only have 2 more 10am games left.

thank god
Share 49ersWebzone