LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 3)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Thanks BillWalsh--there are several things in your post that I did not see and it gives me a chance to rethink some of my observations. Their line giving time as opposed to our DBs not playing well is certainly worth pondering (pun intended).
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by susweel:
The good news is we only have 2 more 10am games left.

thank god

We won some games recently but overall we just don't play sharp at 10am games.
Originally posted by jreff22:
The good news is we only have 2 more 10am games left.

thank god

We won some games recently but overall we just don't play sharp at 10am games.

Team likes to sleep in.
What a disappointing lack of effort by all phases today. Can't really point to anybody that had a standout game other than Williams.

Zero fire by the team and it showed. The Vikes on the other hand were still jacked up in the 4th.

If your gonna get over confident and drop a turd, its better now then at the end of the year.

We are not anywhere near the level where we can just show up and have a game handed to us. Sure looked like that today thou.

If I was Jim, I'd rip the lack of effort and make them practice harder this week.

Oh, and the coaches got their hats handed to them as well.

Hopefully, this will be our only dump this season and we can learn and move on like the Giants did last year!
Pro Football Talk article says that Ponder said that teams that beat us last year were teams that ran the ball well. They decided to run the ball. He also said that Mike Singletary worked with Musgrave to help him against the players he knew. Go figure, Singletary could not win here but he sure could help his buddy get a win vs us. Good for them, now let us see how we prepare for all these teams that will try to run on us and stop our run. Let us see who imposes their will better. You better believe everyone else will try to do the same thing especially after I saw the Lions try to run on us with no success.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I wrote a recap of the game on my sports blog, it's pretty short and sweet and sums up what went wrong. Check it out and let me know what you guys think

http://sfsportscave.blogspot.com/2012/09/recap-of-49ers-vs-vikings.html
1st 18 plays and we pass 14 times? Gore had 12 carries for 63 yards? Well over 5ypc? We saw that Alex grew from last year but we got beside ourselves this game. We turned into DET and GB when we had no need. We did the same thing vs NYG in the playoffs. Just because Alex did well vs NO and this yr GB and DET doesn't mean that we get away from what has made us special, our punishing ground game. We need to establish the run even if the secondary is shorty and dinged up because we don't have a QB that tries to force things or punish DBs. We didn't play our game and MIN played it for us and beat us with it
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
I wrote a recap of the game on my sports blog, it's pretty short and sweet and sums up what went wrong. Check it out and let me know what you guys think

http://sfsportscave.blogspot.com/2012/09/recap-of-49ers-vs-vikings.html

Nice analysis. My sentiments exactly. We got beat at our own game and I want to see if we can adjust accordingly. 3 teams I have seen to try and play us this way were SEA DET last week and failed due to the lack of personnel and now MIN. We still have to see SEA twice but a lot of the other teams simply cannot play this way or are not built to do so
  • sfout
  • Veteran
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/24/vikings-confidence-came-from-49ers-struggles-against-teams-that-run-the-ball-well/

Vikings say they came in with the mentality of running it down our throats because we've only lost to teams when they've run well against us.
We beat ourselves

The 49ers entered unbeaten in their past five games with Sunday starts at 10 a.m. Pacific time, but safety Donte Whitner acknowledged they didn't arrive with their usual energy. Maybe they heard all that chatter about being the NFL's best team and waltzed into the Metrodome ready to dismiss a patsy with a 5-17 record dating back to 2010.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/09/23/49ers-game-review-12/
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
We beat ourselves

To a certain point, but they clearly had us outmatched the entire game. Take away the mistakes and we still lose the game.
Coach said it after the game, gotta suck it up. Exactly what we have to do as fans, suck it up, move on.

Shut this thread down, minds are on the Jets now, or at least they should be.
We beat ourselves

that TE Kyle Rudolph torched us
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
We beat ourselves

that TE Kyle Rudolph torched us
and harvin
Share 49ersWebzone