LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

Anyone watching Sound FX

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by verb1der:
I'm eating this up like its the superbowl

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/0ap2000000114018/Sound-FX-49ers-vs-Patriots

CK's young energy is infectious.

Seriously! For him to be on the sidelines saying "I told you I was gonna get you one!!" to Moss and Crabs tells me how much he believes in himself, and his level of excitement prior to the game.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/0ap2000000114018/Sound-FX-49ers-vs-Patriots

Seriously! For him to be on the sidelines saying "I told you I was gonna get you one!!" to Moss and Crabs tells me how much he believes in himself, and his level of excitement prior to the game.

Kaep is a real 9er at heart..ever since i've seen his paper that he wrote as a kid...shows how driven he is

That's great man...good to see you fired up for CK and our young guys and new Q offense!

Bring on the Hawks! This is a 4-3 defense with good active DE's that can also contain. We've got our WR's playing a physical defense. I actually think the Hawks match up with us much better than the Pats where CK and WR's had all day to get open (ala the Bears). To me, this is our true measuring stick as a team. How smart will we play. Penalties? TO's? Let's keep seeing the progress!!!

He probably told VD he was gonna get him one too though.
Originally posted by NCommand:

That's great man...good to see you fired up for CK and our young guys and new Q offense!

Bring on the Hawks! This is a 4-3 defense with good active DE's that can also contain. We've got our WR's playing a physical defense. I actually think the Hawks match up with us much better than the Pats where CK and WR's had all day to get open (ala the Bears). To me, this is our true measuring stick as a team. How smart will we play. Penalties? TO's? Let's keep seeing the progress!!!

Whaaaat up NC!

Been thinking about how 49ers will attack too. My prediction is that we see the offense continue to evolve. For once, we'll see a 49ers offense deploy a personnel that will spread this 4-3 defense out, and just when they start adjusting to the pass, BOOM. they get stung with read-option, delayed draws, flea-flickers, and possibly even screens out of a base Q formation.

Idk we'll see... I'm just salivating at the possibilities because it's damn near limitless. Seahawks coaches must be having fits trying to devise a gameplan, because seriously, 49ers have so much formations and weapons, where do you start?! Even the mastermind Bellichick's gameplan got bombed with 41 points!

poor media wishes they could get this side of Kaep again...but that can't be the case right now... maybe after the season, or next year when he has really established his position.

Whaaaat up NC!

Been thinking about how 49ers will attack too. My prediction is that we see the offense continue to evolve. For once, we'll see a 49ers offense deploy a personnel that will spread this 4-3 defense out, and just when they start adjusting to the pass, BOOM. they get stung with read-option, delayed draws, flea-flickers, and possibly even screens out of a base Q formation.

Idk we'll see... I'm just salivating at the possibilities because it's damn near limitless. Seahawks coaches must be having fits trying to devise a gameplan, because seriously, 49ers have so much formations and weapons, where do you start?! Even the mastermind Bellichick's gameplan got bombed with 41 points!

The beauty about the game plan for the Pats was that it had quite a bit of Q plays (maybe equal or a little more than the previous game?) but THIS one centered on CK's passing. In fact, I don't think we designed one run with him. He had a couple scrambles but not by design. This was very similar (in concept) to the Bears game and man, when CK and our receivers have time, good things can happen and happen in a hurry!

So do the Hawks learn from the last game? The two plays that ate them up were the wham blocks inside and the Gore/Hunter block and check out behind the DL for "dump off" passes. That absolutely ate them up last time. They had no answer for either.

If we run the Q, we could have equal success with the two RB's in the back field b/c you don't know if we'll run up the gut on a delay, a wham block, or off tackle with James or if one will stay in to block and the other flares out and checks down behind the DL for a simple check down and go (RAC).

Also, the Hawks secondary is big, strong and physical and great playing down hill and in your face. But that usually means they are slower laterally and in pursuit. Drag routes and the wheel route could torch this defense. You could run Manningham, Walker and VD underneath all day long and then like you said, spread them out and hit Moss, VD and maybe even a Jenkins deep.

And don't forget the secret weapon that NOBODY will cover in Miller.

The screen has been there all year long knowing the teams will be coming after our QB's in route to stuffing the run between the tackles. I would love to see a few more quick outs to Moss (TD), Crabtree (TD), Manninghman, James, Gore, etc.
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 20, 2012 at 1:55 PM ]

Whaaaat up NC!

The beauty about the game plan for the Pats was that it had quite a bit of Q plays (maybe equal or a little more than the previous game?) but THIS one centered on CK's passing. In fact, I don't think we designed one run with him. He had a couple scrambles but not by design. This was very similar (in concept) to the Bears game and man, when CK and our receivers have time, good things can happen and happen in a hurry!

So do the Hawks learn from the last game? The two plays that ate them up were the wham blocks inside and the Gore/Hunter block and check out behind the DL for "dump off" passes. That absolutely ate them up last time. They had no answer for either.

If we run the Q, we could have equal success with the two RB's in the back field b/c you don't know if we'll run up the gut on a delay, a wham block, or off tackle with James or if one will stay in to block and the other flares out and checks down behind the DL for a simple check down and go (RAC).

Also, the Hawks secondary is big, strong and physical and great playing down hill and in your face. But that usually means they are slower laterally and in pursuit. Drag routes and the wheel route could torch this defense. You could run Manningham, Walker and VD underneath all day long and then like you said, spread them out and hit Moss, VD and maybe even a Jenkins deep.

And don't forget the secret weapon that NOBODY will cover in Miller.

The screen has been there all year long knowing the teams will be coming after our QB's in route to stuffing the run between the tackles. I would love to see a few more quick outs to Moss (TD), Crabtree (TD), Manninghman, James, Gore, etc.

Love your take on it! And to add to the overall beauty of the offense, is the fact that it can be equally explosive in the run or pass game using the SAME personnel.

There's a personnel they call "tank personnel" which places Gore, VD, and Walker in the backfield with CK. These four in the backfield present the most versatile set in the league. CK can motion VD and Walker to form countless run sets because they're great blockers, OR, he can motion them out as WRs to exploit mismatches. The Pats had no answer, and they're lucky CK and VD were off that night.

I'm really interested to see how the Seahawks address this. Will they go 4-3 or Nickel? lol, either way they'll have to pick their poison.
Love your take on it! And to add to the overall beauty of the offense, is the fact that it can be equally explosive in the run or pass game using the SAME personnel.

There's a personnel they call "tank personnel" which places Gore, VD, and Walker in the backfield with CK. These four in the backfield present the most versatile set in the league. CK can motion VD and Walker to form countless run sets because they're great blockers, OR, he can motion them out as WRs to exploit mismatches. The Pats had no answer, and they're lucky CK and VD were off that night.

I'm really interested to see how the Seahawks address this. Will they go 4-3 or Nickel? lol, either way they'll have to pick their poison.

It's been such a busy week I haven't even had time to rewatch the game but that's some good insight. I'll watch for that. I have called all year for Roman to use VD the same way Fisher uses (used against us) Amendola...line him up all over the field to create mismatches and the backfield (like the old days with Rice) was one of my suggestions. With his speed, you can line him up in the backfield, on the OL, at WR, both sides of the field, etc. This is another way to get the ball in your best players hands. Period. So, as long as Roman continues to center the Q and it's myriad of formations around CK staying in the pocket and passing, I'm fine with it...with the occasional option TD run for 50 yards, of course.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Tomsula is a fkn great coach. If harbaugh leaves, I want Tomsula in charge.

Colin's gotta stop telling every WR that he will get them a TD. Maybe that's why Vernon is pissed. Colin didn't come through with his promise.
Quote: One of the highlights of the first two videos has to be defensive line coach Jim Tomsula. He's wearing what looks like a red beanie, and you'd swear he was like a younger version of Mickey from the Rocky movies. He gets particularly fired up with the work of Ricky Jean.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/12/20/3788436/49ers-vs-patriots-highlights-micd-up-video

lol, that's exactly what I was thinking about Tomsula when I seen't him in the video.

Wasn't that the package that Walker got his TD on? If I remember right they both started in the backfield and CK motioned them both to the right side of the line. VD actually on the line and DW offset.

They where both in 3-point stances though, so it looked to be a run to the strong side. But at the snap they both ran vertical routes which isolated the pats CB Dennard on both of them (how often does scheme get a 2 on 1 match-up!?). As soon as Kaep saw Dennard cheat up a little bit towards VD he lets the ball go....TD Delanie.

Really nice play design.
Originally posted by KegBert:

Wasn't that the package that Walker got his TD on? If I remember right they both started in the backfield and CK motioned them both to the right side of the line. VD actually on the line and DW offset.

They where both in 3-point stances though, so it looked to be a run to the strong side. But at the snap they both ran vertical routes which isolated the pats CB Dennard on both of them (how often does scheme get a 2 on 1 match-up!?). As soon as Kaep saw Dennard cheat up a little bit towards VD he lets the ball go....TD Delanie.

Really nice play design.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-drive-of-the-week/0ap2000000113443/Drive-of-the-Week-Breaking-down-Kaepernick

Originally posted by KegBert:

Really nice play design.

Yup, that was the play. They also ran with some success out of that same exact formation.
Share 49ersWebzone