There are 125 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why the 49ers will win at least the NFCCG this year

Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
There is no "at least." I'd rather go 0-16 than watch the 49ers ever lose a Super Bowl.

you'd rather go winless then go to a SB?

really?

We've lived through 2-14. Life went on. What's another two games. Breaking the perfect SB record? That would be too much to take.

I thought it was 4-12?

I didn't think we ever won just 2 games....I could be wrong...

2004 season.

You can't draft #1 overall at 4-12....always a worse team.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by 49ers:
I think I speak for the perfectionists here when I say that I'm sure no one would really mind adding more wins wholesale at the expense of a loss or two...that being said, I really get the feeling that those of you whom are in total disregard for our perfect record are probably younger fans who didn't live through all the SuperBowls to build up this overwhelming desire to absolutely crush that opponent.

It is undeniable, it is history, the 49ers are not supposed to lose SuperBowls.

Try again. I have been around for all of the SuperBowls, but that still doesn't come close to me wanting to lose all of our regular season games VS going all the way to the SB and losing it.

Like I said though... people are internally built differently, so to each his own. Their differing philosophies on this confuse me, but I can accept them.

this. i don't understand what is going through their minds, but I guess I have to accept it.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
There is no "at least." I'd rather go 0-16 than watch the 49ers ever lose a Super Bowl.

really?

We've lived through 2-14. Life went on. What's another two games. Breaking the perfect SB record? That would be too much to take.

I thought it was 4-12?

I didn't think we ever won just 2 games....I could be wrong...

2004 season.

You can't draft #1 overall at 4-12....always a worse team.

we beat the cardinals twice in OT....... as close to going 0-16 as you can get.

really?
Yes would be my answer to your question. Going to the Super Bowl and losing is never an option. I feel worse about the S.F Giants losing to the Angels in the World Series then I do about the 49ers losing to the N.Y Giants last year in the NFC Championship game. Losing in the BIG GAME is the worst kind of feeling for a fan.
I am not sure I could survive another 2 win season, much less a winless one. I most definitely would rather lose the NFC Championship Game than go to the Super Bowl and lose. That is not even a debate for me.
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
Yes would be my answer to your question. Going to the Super Bowl and losing is never an option. I feel worse about the S.F Giants losing to the Angels in the World Series then I do about the 49ers losing to the N.Y Giants last year in the NFC Championship game. Losing in the BIG GAME is the worst kind of feeling for a fan.

thats the making of a bandwagon fan

i think it may be the definition losing that many games will hurt much more than losing the SB
Originally posted by 99problems:
its only been 1 week.
slow down the superbowl train

why? We as fans can recognize a very strong team that has a great opportunity to go all the way. Why temper such goals? To protect ourselves from possible letdown? Nah... we will all be disappointed regardless, if we come up short. Again, it's a "to each his own mentality here". I for one just see no reason to expect less than ring # 6.

recognize yes.
Hope for Yes
Realize its a strong possibility YES
Expect. maybe im just not setting myself up for failure. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. i just knew we would win the superbowl in 02 we were by far better than Atl and Den (2 teams playing in SB)
ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

"Wanna know how to never lose the Superbowl? Dont get to the Superbowl."

- Marv Levy
its only been 1 week.
slow down the superbowl train

why? We as fans can recognize a very strong team that has a great opportunity to go all the way. Why temper such goals? To protect ourselves from possible letdown? Nah... we will all be disappointed regardless, if we come up short. Again, it's a "to each his own mentality here". I for one just see no reason to expect less than ring # 6.

recognize yes.
Hope for Yes
Expect. maybe im just not setting myself up for failure. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. i just knew we would win the superbowl in 02 we were by far better than Atl and Den (2 teams playing in SB)
ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

Okay then... thanks for clarifying. You are protecting yourself from possible letdown then. Much as a man puts up a wall/front early in a relationship because he doesn't want to let her in and be heartbroken soon after. Hmmm.... Always been a "to each his own" kinda guy, yet I would suggest you reexamine this approach.
the 49ers are 5-8 in the NFCCC.

instead of losing those 8, i'd rather we have won all of those 8 instead and go 4-4 in the SB in those game.
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Sep 14, 2012 at 5:20 PM ]
isnt that saying something like since im not going to be the best at my job i should just not work hard

only losers and quitters say that if thats the kid of team you want to be associated with go be a lions fan or somethign that is not the culture here in SF
recognize yes.
Hope for Yes
ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

That was 98.

02 we had that wild finish against the Giants, then got stomped by Tampa. If we could have miraculously beat them we might have had the first Bay Area Super Bowl.
The perfect SB record is one of those team records that I am most proud of as a fan. I will be extra mega bummed if we ever lose one.
Whooaaa... you are too exciting about 49ers will be win at NFCC again this year? You should be patience till playoff then NFCC after Superbowl then we should talking about the SuperBowl Championship than NFCC...
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by 49ers:
I think I speak for the perfectionists here when I say that I'm sure no one would really mind adding more wins wholesale at the expense of a loss or two...that being said, I really get the feeling that those of you whom are in total disregard for our perfect record are probably younger fans who didn't live through all the SuperBowls to build up this overwhelming desire to absolutely crush that opponent.

It is undeniable, it is history, the 49ers are not supposed to lose SuperBowls.

Try again. I have been around for all of the SuperBowls, but that still doesn't come close to me wanting to lose all of our regular season games VS going all the way to the SB and losing it.

Like I said though... people are internally built differently, so to each his own. Their differing philosophies on this confuse me, but I can accept them.

this. i don't understand what is going through their minds, but I guess I have to accept it.

Well it would be crushing though to see that spotless record tarnished. I am not saying I would rather have the team lose all regular season games than lose the superbowl but still. That would sting especially since it is so unique as no other team in history has even gone 2-0 in a superbowl let alone 5-0. As it stands there are only a few teams that even have an opportunity to match it.

Saints 1-0
Ravens 1-0
Buccaneers 1-0
Jets 1-0
Browns 0-0
Lions 0-0
Texans 0-0
Jaguars 0-0

The niners doing it 5 times is really astonishing when you think about it. That record will likely stand forever too.