Why the 49ers will win at least the NFCCG this year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
There is no "at least." I'd rather go 0-16 than watch the 49ers ever lose a Super Bowl.

you'd rather go winless then go to a SB?

really?

We've lived through 2-14. Life went on. What's another two games. Breaking the perfect SB record? That would be too much to take.

that is the silliest thing i have ever heard in my whole life as a football fan

Well, we are the only Super Bowl team with more than 2 wins that doesn't also have a loss. Oh, and by the way, we have 5.

Our perfect Super Bowl record of 5-0 isn't even close to being trumped.

It's a great record, but that's in the past.

You're going to sit and here and tell me you would sit thru a winless season JUST so we don't even face the chance to lose in the super bowl and break a record that was made in the past. If so, why do you even waste time watching football.

You speaketh of the past as if it was a billion years ago like the Packer's old NFL championships. Those 5 rings were like yesterday man! It's all still fresh, connected, in motion. Preserving the perfect record still means something.
There is no "at least." I'd rather go 0-16 than watch the 49ers ever lose a Super Bowl.

really?

We've lived through 2-14. Life went on. What's another two games. Breaking the perfect SB record? That would be too much to take.

Well, we are the only Super Bowl team with more than 2 wins that doesn't also have a loss. Oh, and by the way, we have 5.

It's a great record, but that's in the past.

You're going to sit and here and tell me you would sit thru a winless season JUST so we don't even face the chance to lose in the super bowl and break a record that was made in the past. If so, why do you even waste time watching football.

You speaketh of the past as if it was a billion years ago like the Packer's old NFL championships. Those 5 rings were like yesterday man! It's all still fresh, connected, in motion. Preserving the perfect record still means something.

smh. if in the next 20 years you had to choose the following options which would you choose

1. Win 4 super bowls, but lose 4 super bowls
2. Win 2 super bowls, but lose only 1 super bowl
3. Not win anything, but OMG our record is still intact lets jizz ourselves

if you would choose anything except number 1, please stop watching football
smh. if in the next 20 years you had to choose the following options which would you choose

1. Win 4 super bowls, but lose 4 super bowls
2. Win 2 super bowls, but lose only 1 super bowl
3. Not win anything, but OMG our record is still intact lets jizz ourselves

if you would choose anything except number 1, please stop watching football

s**t, 8 Super Bowls in 20 years?

Dynasty
Unlike most 49er fans I don't care about losing a superbowl and adding a blemish to the perfect 5-0 record. However like most 49er fans I wouldn't mind them ending up 6-0 7-0 or 8-0 in the superbowl.

Your team goes 0-16 better look for something else to do on Sunday afternoons. Last season was such a thrill, every play was meaningful. The comeback against the Eagles, the Saints playoff win, the Harbaugh handshake, Vernon shaking loose. Cowboy picking up 350 lb offensive lineman and throwing them like rag dolls. Watching greatness develop with Bowman, watching greatness defined with Patrick. I'll take a run like that any season.
Originally posted by oldman9er:

That's a horrible outlook, but to each his own. Each week is either a joy because we won or a drag because we lost. 16 weeks of consecutive losing is far worse than enduring a SB loss, for me. At least with the latter, you can tell yourself that your team did better than the other 15 in their conference, is strong, and can get over the hump next season.

To the OP, it's.. an interesting thing to note about those past 6 NFC Champs. We'll see what happens, but from the end of 2011, I was telling myself that anything short of ring # 6 for 2012 will not fully satisfy me. I recognize how good we are and can be... so from here out for a while, it's always gonna be about realistic SB goals.

I agree, even though I am very proud of our 5-5 super bowl record, I would die if we returned to the days of M Nowin (Nolan) and those dark hard to digest weeks of torment of loss week afrer week. I'd rather lose the next 3 SBs than go 0-16 for 1 yr.

0-16 means you are one of, if not the worst team in the league, and the laughing stock of fans and commentators everywhere. Losing in the SB makes you the 2nd best team in the NFL in my eyes. I'll take #2 over 32 anyday.
  • Chief
  • Veteran

really?

This is a really tough question.. I would rather not make it than lose it.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

Your team goes 0-16 better look for something else to do on Sunday afternoons. Last season was such a thrill, every play was meaningful. The comeback against the Eagles, the Saints playoff win, the Harbaugh handshake, Vernon shaking loose. Cowboy picking up 350 lb offensive lineman and throwing them like rag dolls. Watching greatness develop with Bowman, watching greatness defined with Patrick. I'll take a run like that any season.

right on man!

Go Niners
If this were NBA, steelers would be celtics (most chips), cowboys would be lakers (most valuable team), patriots would be spurs (brilliant coach and most consistent over last decade), and we would be bulls (GOAT head coach, QB, WR, and when we get to championship round we showed the killer instinct to come out with the win). Jordan, Pippen, and Phil Jackson. Montana, Rice, and Bill Walsh. Bulls are 6 - 0 and 49ers are 5 - 0. When and if we get to the Super Bowl, we MUST close the deal. Major bragging rights
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Sep 13, 2012 at 6:34 AM ]
I would have to say Id rather the Niners did like last year and lose the Championship game rather than lose a SB.... Only 3 teams can say they've won 5 SBs But ONLY 1 that can say they NEVER Lost a SB of that group...

Originally posted by SashRoxx-1:
I would have to say Id rather the Niners did like last year and lose the Championship game rather than lose a SB.... Only 3 teams can say they've won 5 SBs But ONLY 1 that can say they NEVER Lost a SB of that group...

Getting to the Super Bowl, everyone is tuned in, you get two weeks to prepare, then you lose to inherit a shortened offseason and lowered draft status. Major letdown. I would much rather this than being one of the league's lesser teams, but I don't think I could stomach a 49ers Super Bowl loss. What it would do to the guys and to think that someone in this league could out scheme our coaching staff over 2 weeks? Unfathomable
I'd rather be 5-0 then pittsburgh's 6-1, our undefeated streak is our bragging right to being the best team ever, when the game counted the most we came we saw and we conquered, I don't know what I would do if we went and didn't win
If we make it to the SB we are winning. Only team that really worries me: Ravens. Maybe Texans.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

really?

Just as long as we beat Dallas to 6, they've been a playoff team for years, thankfully they haven't made it. Still the pats, and ravens will be the matchup we should face. I really hope it's the steelers, because big ben needs another Aldon Smith Raping, after he said that bounty crap, Aldon just owned your tackle and Stunted your Oline, Stop being a Baby Ben!

Out of all the AFC playoffs teams, I think the Steelers would be one of the easiest to beat.

Not to mention, we need a 49ers vs. Steelers Super Bowl. Two of the more renown franchises in the league and never had played each other? To shame!

id like a shot at the ravens because that turkey bowl last year sucked dick with bad calls all over the place and we were on extremely short rest. our harbaugh is better than theirs and we need revenge!
Originally posted by 228niner:
I'd rather be 5-0 then pittsburgh's 6-1, our undefeated streak is our bragging right to being the best team ever, when the game counted the most we came we saw and we conquered, I don't know what I would do if we went and didn't win

totally agree.
Share 49ersWebzone