Why the 49ers will win at least the NFCCG this year

Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
There is no "at least." I'd rather go 0-16 than watch the 49ers ever lose a Super Bowl.

you'd rather go winless then go to a SB?

really?

We've lived through 2-14. Life went on. What's another two games. Breaking the perfect SB record? That would be too much to take.

that is the silliest thing i have ever heard in my whole life as a football fan

Well, we are the only Super Bowl team with more than 2 wins that doesn't also have a loss. Oh, and by the way, we have 5.

Our perfect Super Bowl record of 5-0 isn't even close to being trumped.

Just as long as we beat Dallas to 6, they've been a playoff team for years, thankfully they haven't made it. Still the pats, and ravens will be the matchup we should face. I really hope it's the steelers, because big ben needs another Aldon Smith Raping, after he said that bounty crap, Aldon just owned your tackle and Stunted your Oline, Stop being a Baby Ben!

I want Manning's ass.

This. I work out in Colorado and another 55-10 beat down would be oh so sweet.
  • 49ers
  • Veteran
I think I speak for the perfectionists here when I say that I'm sure no one would really mind adding more wins wholesale at the expense of a loss or two...that being said, I really get the feeling that those of you whom are in total disregard for our perfect record are probably younger fans who didn't live through all the SuperBowls to build up this overwhelming desire to absolutely crush that opponent.

It is undeniable, it is history, the 49ers are not supposed to lose SuperBowls.
Originally posted by 49ers:
I think I speak for the perfectionists here when I say that I'm sure no one would really mind adding more wins wholesale at the expense of a loss or two...that being said, I really get the feeling that those of you whom are in total disregard for our perfect record are probably younger fans who didn't live through all the SuperBowls to build up this overwhelming desire to absolutely crush that opponent.

Try again. I have been around for all of the SuperBowls, but that still doesn't come close to me wanting to lose all of our regular season games VS going all the way to the SB and losing it.

Like I said though... people are internally built differently, so to each his own. Their differing philosophies on this confuse me, but I can accept them.
There is no "at least." I'd rather go 0-16 than watch the 49ers ever lose a Super Bowl.

really?

I'd rather we lose the NFC Championship then lose a Superbowl but 0-16, NEVER!!!
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
If this were NBA, steelers would be celtics (most chips), cowboys would be lakers (most valuable team), patriots would be spurs (brilliant coach and most consistent over last decade), and we would be bulls (GOAT head coach, QB, WR, and when we get to championship round we showed the killer instinct to come out with the win). Jordan, Pippen, and Phil Jackson. Montana, Rice, and Bill Walsh. Bulls are 6 - 0 and 49ers are 5 - 0. When and if we get to the Super Bowl, we MUST close the deal. Major bragging rights
Love the analogy....because I'm a diehard Bulls fan. I see the four team comparisons & completely agree.
[ Edited by Candlestick_Monsta on Sep 13, 2012 at 7:57 AM ]
some zoners would rather have a 0-16 season vs. a superbowl loss?

Originally posted by 49ers:

If the 49ers ever were to go undefeated this would be the year. I was a little nervous watching last week's game against the Packers but what I witnessed was a dominant defense and an offense just coming into its own. That said, I believe this team will be the most dominant team in league. Undefeated, who knows?
you guys are kidding yourself if you think we will be undefeated in SB forever

getting to go to SB is much better than going to NFCCG and loosing especially if we win and even if we lose
its only been 1 week.
slow down the superbowl train
nvm
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Sep 13, 2012 at 8:44 AM ]
Originally posted by 99problems:
its only been 1 week.
slow down the superbowl train

why? We as fans can recognize a very strong team that has a great opportunity to go all the way. Why temper such goals? To protect ourselves from possible letdown? Nah... we will all be disappointed regardless, if we come up short. Again, it's a "to each his own mentality here". I for one just see no reason to expect less than ring # 6.
Originally posted by oldman9er:

That's a horrible outlook, but to each his own. Each week is either a joy because we won or a drag because we lost. 16 weeks of consecutive losing is far worse than enduring a SB loss, for me. At least with the latter, you can tell yourself that your team did better than the other 15 in their conference, is strong, and can get over the hump next season.

To the OP, it's.. an interesting thing to note about those past 6 NFC Champs. We'll see what happens, but from the end of 2011, I was telling myself that anything short of ring # 6 for 2012 will not fully satisfy me. I recognize how good we are and can be... so from here out for a while, it's always gonna be about realistic SB goals.

Zillabeast, you're gonna be a mess for two weeks after we win the NFCCG. That's a hard load to bare. I understand, and feel the same paranoia about the SB and our undefeated record, but I look at it long term, I'd rather win 1 and lose 1 than not win one at all.... seriously though, I think if you disagree you've lost it. Lets be honest, the AFC during our rain wasn't much competition in those years. It's so much more unlikely to go 5-0 in this century. Would I rather just not play in a SB than risk a loss? No, I'd rather take the chance on 6. Steelers have the edge on us because they've got 6. The fact that they've lost doesn't change that.

That being said, It's interesting how NFCCG and AFCCG losers seem to get more of a Championship game boost, rather than a Super Bowl hangover.

really?

We've lived through 2-14. Life went on. What's another two games. Breaking the perfect SB record? That would be too much to take.

I thought it was 4-12?

I didn't think we ever won just 2 games....I could be wrong...
Originally posted by Candlestick_Monsta:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
If this were NBA, steelers would be celtics (most chips), cowboys would be lakers (most valuable team), patriots would be spurs (brilliant coach and most consistent over last decade), and we would be bulls (GOAT head coach, QB, WR, and when we get to championship round we showed the killer instinct to come out with the win). Jordan, Pippen, and Phil Jackson. Montana, Rice, and Bill Walsh. Bulls are 6 - 0 and 49ers are 5 - 0. When and if we get to the Super Bowl, we MUST close the deal. Major bragging rights
Love the analogy....because I'm a diehard Bulls fan. I see the four team comparisons & completely agree.

This just made me so happy. I'm from illinois and am a huge Bulls Fan!! GO D-ROSE!! it's gonna be tough this year...but, NINERS/ Bulls.

And whitesox, Kyle Williams dad is the GM. holla
0-16 is too much of an extreme.

Losing super bowls is something I'd rather not think about.

If we win the bowl this year (or next) in a guaranteed fashion, it will make up for losing it in the NFCC last year. Patriots almost beat the Giants. No guarantee we beat them in the state that we were.

Sometimes we tend to assume we would have won every super bowl we almost made, but that might be homerish ('83, even '90 come to mind).

Having said that, the way the game is now compared to then, we may never again see a dominant 49er team so good that we automatically win the super bowl just by showing up (true of any team btw).

So I think it's worth the risk at this point. The Steelers were 4-0 then lost their first super bowl in the '90s.

If we hit 6-0 that would be unbelievable.