LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

One thing Harbaugh is not good at.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Challenges.

He sucks bad at that. He's an awesome coach, personnel evaluator, QB developer, X's and O's schemes guy, outcoaches almost everybody he plays. But he is not super at challenges. It seems like he just throws the red flag if he doesn't like the call. But you have to throw it if it has a chance to be overturned. If it has no chance you just lose timeouts which can cost you in close games.

Don't get me wrong Harbaugh is the best thing to hit the Bay Area and 49ers in a long time. And I love having him. I would not want anybody else. But maybe he could get better at that. He reminds me of Norv Turner here in SD. Who just throws the challenge everytime he doesn't like the play. No matter how many times he loses or loses timeouts.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
didnt you read the thread about not whining
Originally posted by susweel:
didnt you read the thread about not whining

I'm not whining. There is not a coach in the league I would rather have. He's the best thing in almost 20 years to hit the 49ers. That being said he could get better at challenges.
sometimes he does it because the players are calling for it, sort of spur-of the moment, trusting his players.

Sometimes he does it strategically, because reviews typically last longer than timeouts, give the guys a blow, coach en up, etc.
Controlling his emotions. I love it but for health reasons he needs to relax, I want him coaching for 10+ years.
Originally posted by Uce_Almighty:
sometimes he does it because the players are calling for it, sort of spur-of the moment, trusting his players.

Sometimes he does it strategically, because reviews typically last longer than timeouts, give the guys a blow, coach en up, etc.

How long does he blow each player?

It could be for some of those reasons.
Originally posted by AlohaBruh:
Controlling his emotions. I love it but for health reasons he needs to relax, I want him coaching for 10+ years.

He's a really fiery guy. But you wonder if it is too much. He could burn out.
He isn't good at handshakes include that...he shakes peoples hands to hard

gonna go with this

Originally posted by D-TownTheo:
He isn't good at handshakes include that...he shakes peoples hands to hard

That's true. And he has bad fashion sense. Same sweatshirt every single week and during the week at practice too. And he tucks it in...

As long as the ref is under the hood, and yes, I'm aware you turned that into a euphemism.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

He's a really fiery guy. But you wonder if it is too much. He could burn out.

Way to much stress, he looks constantly exhausted. I know stress is part of the job but that passion in him multiples it to unhealthy levels.
I think this past game he was just pissed at the refs and let his emotions get the best of him. Hopefully our next batch of scabs won't be quite as horrendous at their jobs.

As long as the ref is under the hood, and yes, I'm aware you turned that into a euphemism.

The immaturity in me makes it necessary to do it. :)
Share 49ersWebzone