LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 212 users in the forums

One thing Harbaugh is not good at.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think his challenges are well designed to take the momentum away from opponents, they are more like timeouts.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I think this past game he was just pissed at the refs and let his emotions get the best of him. Hopefully our next batch of scabs won't be quite as horrendous at their jobs.

Weren't we supposed to have the best refs? Cause it was a popular game or something?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
losing?
I know one thing he's definitely not good at: Giving a s**t about what anyone else thinks about him.
Originally posted by AlohaBruh:
Originally posted by Uce_Almighty:
How long does he blow each player?

As long as the ref is under the hood, and yes, I'm aware you turned that into a euphemism.

The immaturity in me makes it necessary to do it. :)

All good, we all love Harbs is what matters.
He's 50/50, but what most people don't know is that (like his brother) he sometimes uses challenges as a fake pseudo time-out to trick the other team into keeping its 'base-packages' out, while our substitutions sneak off the sideline.

Example: 49ers/Steelers MNF game last season (we challenge the Vernon Davis non-TD which looks like an obvious challenge we'd lose; result = trick bootleg for TD).
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by susweel:
didnt you read the thread about not whining

I'm not whining. There is not a coach in the league I would rather have. He's the best thing in almost 20 years to hit the 49ers. That being said he could get better at challenges.

yah he could improve on that. For me personally I think he should tone it down on the refs a bit, dude is a bit high strung Im worried he might pop a blood vessel or something.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I think this past game he was just pissed at the refs and let his emotions get the best of him. Hopefully our next batch of scabs won't be quite as horrendous at their jobs.

Weren't we supposed to have the best refs? Cause it was a popular game or something?

I recall Buck during the game saying that we got the crew that threw the most flags in the preseason.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
I know one thing he's definitely not good at: Giving a s**t about what anyone else thinks about him.

^^^ that
He's not good at washing his clothes. Hes been wearing the same s**t since last year.

Usually someone in the 9ers booth will replay the play and tell him to challenge or not. Its not all Harbaugh
Originally posted by Uce_Almighty:
sometimes he does it because the players are calling for it, sort of spur-of the moment, trusting his players.

Sometimes he does it strategically, because reviews typically last longer than timeouts, give the guys a blow, coach en up, etc.

Agree. Seems to me he likes to do this from time to time to give his whole team a breather and him a chance to rip the refs.
Controlling his emotions. I love it but for health reasons he needs to relax, I want him coaching for 10+ years.

He's a really fiery guy. But you wonder if it is too much. He could burn out.

Doubt it, His life is football, Since he came into the league as a player, he will die coaching. He's not the kind of guy to just quit, he was horrible like alex and fought through it. Fought through the ranks in coaching, and fought to be a nfl coach. I just think he will go as long the fans want him. Even walsh said he retired to early himself.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Controlling his emotions. I love it but for health reasons he needs to relax, I want him coaching for 10+ years.

He's a really fiery guy. But you wonder if it is too much. He could burn out.

Doubt it, His life is football, Since he came into the league as a player, he will die coaching. He's not the kind of guy to just quit, he was horrible like alex and fought through it. Fought through the ranks in coaching, and fought to be a nfl coach. I just think he will go as long the fans want him. Even walsh said he retired to early himself.

Im more worried about him literally burning out and having a heart attack on the sideline, i used to get mad like that when i was a kid and man you clench up all over, that isnt good for middle aged dudes, haha. I dont care if they were NFL athletes or not, i know hes been eating some fried home cooking since he left the League.
The first challenge I thought was to also give the team a breather. Also, challenges aren't as valuable anymore because even turnovers are automatically reviewed by the booth
Share 49ersWebzone