There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Time to Talk about Goldson $$$$

He is making $6,212,000 under the tag. He has had 11 int's thus far in his career, and 4 FF. I think we need to look at signing him long term, for the right price of course. If he has a season of 3-4 int's and 1 FF, I think we should. He's ball hawking has improved, he done great job staying back, and defending the pass. Great job in pass defense last game, he was there to help others, and even help Carlos on that deep play action post pass, Carlos was beat, and godson covered for him. BOWMAN DOESN"T NEED A NEW DEAL!!! 100+ Million at ILB, we can deal with that, after 2013 season lol!!!!!! Discuss!
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
He is making $6,212,000 under the tag. He has had 11 int's thus far in his career, and 4 FF. I think we need to look at signing him long term, for the right price of course. If he has a season of 3-4 int's and 1 FF, I think we should. He's ball hawking has improved, he done great job staying back, and defending the pass. Great job in pass defense last game, he was there to help others, and even help Carlos on that deep play action post pass, Carlos was beat, and godson covered for him. BOWMAN DOESN"T NEED A NEW DEAL!!! 100+ Million at ILB, we can deal with that, after 2013 season lol!!!!!! Discuss!


Dashon, is that you?




Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
He is making $6,212,000 under the tag. He has had 11 int's thus far in his career, and 4 FF. I think we need to look at signing him long term, for the right price of course. If he has a season of 3-4 int's and 1 FF, I think we should. He's ball hawking has improved, he done great job staying back, and defending the pass. Great job in pass defense last game, he was there to help others, and even help Carlos on that deep play action post pass, Carlos was beat, and godson covered for him. BOWMAN DOESN"T NEED A NEW DEAL!!! 100+ Million at ILB, we can deal with that, after 2013 season lol!!!!!! Discuss!


Dashon, is that you?




haha, I'd be asking for 10 million if so. He's done a great job for us, and I'd like him to stay, and return all 11 starters on defense next season. We don't need a rookie he won't perform half as good. We will only hurt the back half of this defense if we do let him walk. No one has step up to even be the backup at saftey, i doubt we even have the future starter on the team, besides goldson.
he is goo dbut no way worth that much

id actually perfer a rookie would be cheaper plus we can use someone who is better in coverahe

some beat writer posted some of goldson coverage stats he allows QBR of over 100 when he is guarding a player he also let that open TD to jones brown was clearly mad at him
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
he is goo dbut no way worth that much

id actually perfer a rookie would be cheaper plus we can use someone who is better in coverahe

some beat writer posted some of goldson coverage stats he allows QBR of over 100 when he is guarding a player he also let that open TD to jones brown was clearly mad at him

Yes, because that's really easy to find.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Yes, because that's really easy to find.

this years draft is stacked with 1st round saftey talent that are good or great in coverage

goldson is a hard hitter and plays the run great but it wont be to hard to find a player better in coverage.. maybe one of the main reasons goldson is not signed to a long term deal currently
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Sep 10, 2012 at 10:49 PM ]
i rather give that money to bowman.
now is not the time.
I'd franchise him again or let him walk. He wants too much money & I think he's a liability in coverage, the Jones TD is a perfect example.

No doubt we would have a hole there if he walks but he's not worth 8-10M a year. Maybe a year in the system and Robinson grows a lot or we use Rogers there in the next few years. Culliver & Brown are doing a good job and that's going to cost $ as well as Bowman and Justin needing extensions.
Is Spillman still being considered an option at safety? (and not just a good special teamer with the rare ability to block in the back while he's on the coverage team)

I heard some talk he had really improved his play over the offseason
[ Edited by ninermedic on Sep 10, 2012 at 11:04 PM ]
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Is Spillman still being considered an option at safety? (and not just a good special teamer with the rare ability to block in the back while he's on the coverage team)

doubt we let him have the #1 spot

we have the ammo and can go after a bluechip kid this year
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Is Spillman still being considered an option at safety? (and not just a good special teamer with the rare ability to block in the back while he's on the coverage team)

I heard some talk he had really improved his play over the offseason

he would most likely play SS not FS
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,023
In terms of free agency the best option who will hopefully be on the market if not franchised is Donte Whitner's former teammate in Buffalo Jairus Byrd. If we couldn't land Byrd then I would want us to draft a safety early. I dont see Goldson re-uping with us, the top tier safety market is non-existant this season so I think he will finally see his "Eric Weddle" money but it will just be in somewhere terrible like Miami.
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Is Spillman still being considered an option at safety? (and not just a good special teamer with the rare ability to block in the back while he's on the coverage team)

I heard some talk he had really improved his play over the offseason

at the bold

Spillman made a couple nice plays at the position in the Baltimore game
Bowman's extension > Goldson's resign
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home