There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

admit it crossed your mind

The only team I was afraid of in the playoffs last season was the Ravens.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Football is a game of matchups, we came into this game with the pack with better personell and used a blueprint of the Giants game of how to beat them. The offense last was not as efficient as this team was yesterday. Without that ST TD that should have been called back, the game wouldn't have been close.

Or take the giants, we beat them in the reg season but barely lost to them in the playoffs, but we should have beat them as we were at home, but didn't

We have a similar team that the Giants have so I imagine we would have beaten them similarly and would have had a similar matchup. We would have had a blue print last year as well of the Kansas city game to beat them just like the Giants did. I know the offense wasn't as efficient but they were efficient enough to beat the Saints and would have been enough to beat the Packers just would have been a closer game than this one was I think. I imagine being in Green Bay would have been better than being on our own wet field as well.
Cant live in what coulda been.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
wouldn't that play into our favor? i'll take our run game over the Pats run game in any stadium.

Depends on the filed conditions, how hard and slick the surface is with the ice, even if they use the machines to melt the ice and warm the field. Still home field is home field advantage when good teams collide.

no doubt about that. but i mean if it's tuck rule game style snow........
No, get over it
KW woulda had two PR for TD's in Lambeau
The Giants caught the Packers during their rusty phase (many starters hadn't played for more than two weeks), and Philbin was probably still in shock because of his son's death. If the Packers won that game, they would very likely beat the 49ers who had a skeleton crew at the WR position.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
KW woulda had two PR for TD's in Lambeau

Lolthis
@ fastforward WTF? Are you a packer fan fan trolling for your own amusement? Don't matter really... I have seen your kind before. YAWN!
We didn't have Moss or Mannigham... Mighta been a few playmakers short????
it didnt cross my mind
Originally posted by susweel:
didn't cross mind, lol

File away in the woulda, shoulda, coulda dept.
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
@ fastforward WTF? Are you a packer fan fan trolling for your own amusement? Don't matter really... I have seen your kind before. YAWN!

No. I'm a 49ers fan who fully enjoyed yesterday victory over the Packers. I just stated what I believe. The Packers were slightly better than the Giants and the 49ers last season. Playing 10 times they would have won 6 or more. This year is a different story.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Never crossed my mind and frankly I'm glad it didn't because it's 2012...Week 2...that's old news....

I will say this though, playing in the snow doesn't help a team's running game moreso than it helps the passing game. It's hard to pass rush in snow....