LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 233 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS DETROIT LIONS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Their DLine is very dirty and the replacement refs don't have history to fall back on. I've noticed that many players see it as a free for all...more holding, more late hits. The hit to Smith's head after he slid was a flagrant penalty.

Yeah that should draw a fine. Instead, Smith and Brown get fined for wardrobe malfunctions.

Yeah, no kidding!

And for some reason it's perfectly fine for Matt Ryan to take off his pants on the field.

Singletary coaching in Atlanta now?
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Sep 19, 2012 at 9:43 PM ]
  • THEB
  • Veteran
can we just close this thread and move on? we're 3 days away from the next game. lets get into that vikings thread and let this one fall off like the lions superbowl chances.
T Brown fined for wearing a Red long sleeved under shirt (Authorized color is white)
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Yeah that should draw a fine. Instead, Smith and Brown get fined for wardrobe malfunctions.
just stunned that he did not get fined for the hit. steve young is right,, the nfl does not really care about player safety
anyone else been breaking down these defensive plays? It is just staggering how good our ILBs are at shedding blocks and destroying RBs. I know this isn't news to anyone, but man, watching it bit by bit is just so amazing and ups the appreciation factor substantially.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
anyone else been breaking down these defensive plays? It is just staggering how good our ILBs are at shedding blocks and destroying RBs. I know this isn't news to anyone, but man, watching it bit by bit is just so amazing and ups the appreciation factor substantially.

Yeah its unreal. Stopping the run with a 4 or 5 man box?? Thats absurd. There were plays where we had only 2 down lineman against GB and the packers ran the ball and still couldn't get by 91 and 94! We're very lucky to have this defense and they'll need to bring that seek and destroy mentality with them this weekend in the dome! GO NINERS!
[ Edited by NinerG94 on Sep 20, 2012 at 11:58 AM ]
Originally posted by NinerG94:

Yeah its unreal. Stopping the run with a 4 or 5 man box?? Thats absurd. There were plays where we had only 2 down lineman against GB and the packers ran the ball and still couldn't get by 91 and 94! We're very lucky to have this defense and they'll need to bring that seek and destroy mentality with them this weekend in the dome! GO NINERS!

Yeah, we HAVE to find a way to keep Bowman... he is just too good to wave g'bye to.

Around the 12-11 minute 4th quarter mark, we needed to sub Ray out.. not a huge deal, but he's been losing a bit of the battle with the RG and needs a break, I think. ( just random observation )

Actually our whole front 7 is really good at doing that. The reason we are soooo good against the run. I've noticed so many times I would see the RB having a hole to run through. Guys are all blocked, but as the RB goes into his opening, one of our guys shed his block and gets a hand on the RB, then either stopped him or slow him down enough for one of the backers to finished the tackle. 2-3 yds gain when it looked like a 7-10 yarder initially. Soap, McDonald, and J. Smith are all really good at that. I know Soap wasn't like that when he started out with this team. He had came along way.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Actually our whole front 7 is really good at doing that. The reason we are soooo good against the run. I've noticed so many times I would see the RB having a hole to run through. Guys are all blocked, but as the RB goes into his opening, one of our guys shed his block and gets a hand on the RB, then either stopped him or slow him down enough for one of the backers to finished the tackle. 2-3 yds gain when it looked like a 7-10 yarder initially. Soap, McDonald, and J. Smith are all really good at that. I know Soap wasn't like that when he started out with this team. He had came along way.

Oh, I don't disagree. I was more singling out the ILB's accomplishments when the RB seldom does have holes... watching our ILBs so quickly disengage and shed blocks to make great tackles? That's special... but not to say the entire D isn't special as a whole..
Yeah, we HAVE to find a way to keep Bowman... he is just too good to wave g'bye to.

Around the 12-11 minute 4th quarter mark, we needed to sub Ray out.. not a huge deal, but he's been losing a bit of the battle with the RG and needs a break, I think. ( just random observation )

I'm on record as wanting to keep Goldson even at the cost of losing Bowman but I'd hate to see Bowman leave. No doubt about that.

Having said that I remember when Willis went down and Grant filled in we noticed almost zero drop off. I'm positive if you put the next guy up at FS in there you'd see a dropoff in both run support and an increase in blown coverage. Just my opinion but Bowman is a stud for sure!

I'm on record as wanting to keep Goldson even at the cost of losing Bowman but I'd hate to see Bowman leave. No doubt about that.

Having said that I remember when Willis went down and Grant filled in we noticed almost zero drop off. I'm positive if you put the next guy up at FS in there you'd see a dropoff in both run support and an increase in blown coverage. Just my opinion but Bowman is a stud for sure!
I like what Goldson's doing, but me, I am playing a different record for sure. Bowman must stay.
I like what Goldson's doing, but me, I am playing a different record for sure. Bowman must stay.

HA I know. I just like the guys surrounding Bowman much better than those surrounding Goldson in the secondary. I remember way too many bad safeties and how long it took us to find a good one. Don't want him to leave either. Wish we could keep them all.

HA I know. I just like the guys surrounding Bowman much better than those surrounding Goldson in the secondary. I remember way too many bad safeties and how long it took us to find a good one. Don't want him to leave either. Wish we could keep them all.
If winning a championship is more important than money to him we should be able to resign him. If he wants us to break the bank and the team up then I am 100% okay with letting him go be a redskin.
wow... game shoulda been over at 1:45 with score at 27-12.

4th and 4 at SF 31 (Shotgun) M.Stafford pass short middle to C.Johnson to SF 9 for 22 yards (C.Culliver). Caught at SF27. 18-yds YAC

4mR.. Ray slipped down right away.. pretty clean pocket again.. quick throw to CJ on crossing route... Brown got illegally picked by in route from TE... Whitner hits hard but doesn't get CJ down... hard low tackle Culliver
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
wow... game shoulda been over at 1:45 with score at 27-12.

4th and 4 at SF 31 (Shotgun) M.Stafford pass short middle to C.Johnson to SF 9 for 22 yards (C.Culliver). Caught at SF27. 18-yds YAC

4mR.. Ray slipped down right away.. pretty clean pocket again.. quick throw to CJ on crossing route... Brown got illegally picked by in route from TE... Whitner hits hard but doesn't get CJ down... hard low tackle Culliver

yea, the commentators pointed out the pick. fkn refs. It was so obvious.
Share 49ersWebzone