LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 286 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS DETROIT LIONS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I gotta give so much credit to all the guys in the secondary and the LB's too. I feel like our pass rush wasn't that good on Sunday, yet Stafford had no where to go with the ball. Very impressive. Goldson was an absolute beast.
Originally posted by jimrat:
Jason Whitlock:
Ndamukong Suh looked like the second coming of Warren Sapp during Sunday night's Lions-49ers game.

I've been a critic of Suh. For my money, he has underachieved his first two seasons. But Sunday night, he was a force. He played like the beast we saw at Nebraska. The 49ers had no choice but to double-team Suh in passing situations. Detroit's defense played good enough to win Sunday's game. Suh set the table. Did this dumbass watch the game lol

what the f**k we moved the ball at will, the only thing stopping us was dropping the ball
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Jason Whitlock:
Ndamukong Suh looked like the second coming of Warren Sapp during Sunday night's Lions-49ers game.

I've been a critic of Suh. For my money, he has underachieved his first two seasons. But Sunday night, he was a force. He played like the beast we saw at Nebraska. The 49ers had no choice but to double-team Suh in passing situations. Detroit's defense played good enough to win Sunday's game. Suh set the table. Did this dumbass watch the game lol

what the f**k we moved the ball at will, the only thing stopping us was dropping the ball

To be honest, Suh was a disruptive force in passing situations during the game. He had 1 sack and hit Alex at least 3 times.

However, in the run game, he absolutely sucked. Every play he was playing the pass, allowing Gore and Hunter to run right past him up the middle.

Like I've said before, Suh has all this potential, but no discipline. He's not a team player.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Jason Whitlock:

LMAO. What a homer. Suh is a great player but in this game looks to me like it did not matter. What the hell did he do in this game that helped his team have a chance of winning this game? NOTHING!.....
The Lions could not run the ball and the 49ers ran the ball at will all over the field. Where was Suh vs the run? Gore ran right passed him all game long.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
I wrote a nice recap of the game on my blog. Check it out here guys.

http://sfsportscave.blogspot.com/2012/09/recap-of-49ers-vs-lions.html

Nice recap. Would have mentioned Akers' field goals in the Candlestick swirling wind. It's never easy but he did made it look easy. Also the little on-side kick drama at the end to round off a good game.
Originally posted by Juke1220:
Gentlemen,

I wanted to drop back by and congratulate you on a well earned victory. It was fun talking football with you guys. A lot of you said that us Lions fans wouldn't drop back in this week and I wanted to make sure I did. Good luck with the rest of your season and hope to play you guys again in the playoffs.

Same to you man, as far as I am concerned, you more than made up for the douchebags that were trolling here. Come back and talk football anytime you like man. #Respect.
Suh got through on pass plays 2-3 times in the whole game. The rest of the times he was handled by the guys up front. On the last Niners scoring drive, the Lions D line geared up to stop the run. But got owned in the pass with no effective pressure on Smith. Niners convert 3 critical 3rd and long. With their weak secondary, their D line needed to stepped up during that last drive -- they couldn't. Unimpressed with their LBs also. The second weakness on their defense. It's not a mirage that the Rams almost pulled out a win against them. Their defense is not all that. Overrated.

Their offense can be top five if Stafford would stop throwing bone head INTs and be patient with the short passes. He needs to learn how to read coverages better and quicker.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Gentlemen,

I wanted to drop back by and congratulate you on a well earned victory. It was fun talking football with you guys. A lot of you said that us Lions fans wouldn't drop back in this week and I wanted to make sure I did. Good luck with the rest of your season and hope to play you guys again in the playoffs.

Same to you man, as far as I am concerned, you more than made up for the douchebags that were trolling here. Come back and talk football anytime you like man. #Respect.

Originally posted by English:
Gentlemen,

X 3 way above the trolls, you should be a niner fan. ;)

Originally posted by AlohaBruh:
Originally posted by English:
Gentlemen,

X 3 way above the trolls, you should be a niner fan. ;)

X 4 Always nice to have a friendly rival visit!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
My penis is starting to tingle the game is getting so close.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

thinking of your penis just makes the whole day brighter
Originally posted by cciowa:

thinking of your penis just makes the whole day brighter

We will beat the Lions again
Share 49ersWebzone