LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Sign Bowman Now $$$$$$

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think Willis would be willing to take a pay cut in order for Bowman to get a pay raise.... They both really love playing with each other and they both have to know that them playing together makes their jobs easier... I would hope that we don't get a T-Mac Vince Carter situation where they both want to be "Man" of their own teams.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I love having both Willis and Bowman and love watching them both play. Hope we can keep em both long term
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
I think Willis would be willing to take a pay cut in order for Bowman to get a pay raise.... They both really love playing with each other and they both have to know that them playing together makes their jobs easier... I would hope that we don't get a T-Mac Vince Carter situation where they both want to be "Man" of their own teams.

I dont think we need to cut Willis pay to keep Bowman. We just need to trim the fat somewhere else. I hate to say it, but we might have to drop Gore and dump one or our expensive lineman (A.Davis?). Of course, it will depend on how well Davis plays this year.

Truthfully, we are in a world of hurt next year. Dont tell me guys wont start holding out. I dont think T.Brown makes nearly what he is worth. The same could be said for Boone if he sticks. I dont think we'll be able to keep Soap or Walker.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I dont think the niners are gonna be able to afford to re-sign Bowman. Probably gonna have to franchise him and entertain trade ideas.

It's a simple numbers game you can't dump too much money into one position. We already paid Pat and we gonna have to pay Aldon, if you wonna re-sign Bowman you gonna have to dump Pat. It's something to think about but for now let's just enjoy what we got.

Haha... ok.. u know me? i am a big fans of Willis but i am not big fans of Bowman.. Bowman is best the coverage but he is not best the tackle cuz he is soft the tackle!! Willis is best the beasts defense and best leader the defense cuz he is best the tackle and hit hard that awesome blizt too much.. Well Bowman and Willis are doing great together for defense that awesome opposite!
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Sep 10, 2012 at 8:05 PM ]
I dont think the niners are gonna be able to afford to re-sign Bowman. Probably gonna have to franchise him and entertain trade ideas.

It's a simple numbers game you can't dump too much money into one position. We already paid Pat and we gonna have to pay Aldon, if you wonna re-sign Bowman you gonna have to dump Pat. It's something to think about but for now let's just enjoy what we got.

Haha... ok.. u know me? i am a big fans of Willis but i am not big fans of Bowman.. Bowman is best the cover but he is not best the tackle cuz he is soft the tackle!! Willis is best the beasts defense and best leader the defense cuz he is best the tackle and hit hard that awesome blizt too much.. Well Bowman and Willis are doing great together for defense that awesome opposite!

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

I dont think we need to cut Willis pay to keep Bowman. We just need to trim the fat somewhere else. I hate to say it, but we might have to drop Gore and dump one or our expensive lineman (A.Davis?). Of course, it will depend on how well Davis plays this year.

Truthfully, we are in a world of hurt next year. Dont tell me guys wont start holding out. I dont think T.Brown makes nearly what he is worth. The same could be said for Boone if he sticks. I dont think we'll be able to keep Soap or Walker.
haha drop gore, wtf he's still got it. He's only making 3.3 next season and the one after??? I'm not sure, how we f**ked him over on that. Fine Walker can go, Soap can stay for the right price. If we don't want isaac, we need to look at who think can play nose, so either resign Ricky Jean Francois, and let Ian williams and rookie battle for it . Also Justin is Due 7.5 million next season, we can extend him, and save about 4 million in cap. Also we can cut Pary's save another 2.5... Also, We can loss Ted Ginn, starter Kyle as punt return Yes i just said that, i shocked myself. We will loss larry grant, I would believe. Also, Think after this season, if randy wants to play we do a 2 year deal max! We can create some money. Loss a few free agents, resign maybe 2-3 of them, draft replacements. If we have more room next season in cap, we might be able to unload a few more million again this offseason on willis contract, giving us a better chance to resign bowman.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Sep 10, 2012 at 10:24 PM ]
Originally posted by pd24:
I think we can let Goldson walk next year and let Cox take ove the FS spot. He can cover better. Im going to keep an eye on him this year, sofar so good.

we wont move a 4th Cb to starting FS....we will draft one
theres no way we let bowman play anywhere else. he'll get a contract. the niners take care of their players
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
theres no way we let bowman play anywhere else. he'll get a contract. the niners take care of their players
Agree, they will lock him up sometime in the middle of next season, no rush for 100+ Million at ILB

Haha... ok.. u know me? i am a big fans of Willis but i am not big fans of Bowman.. Bowman is best the cover but he is not best the tackle cuz he is soft the tackle!! Willis is best the beasts defense and best leader the defense cuz he is best the tackle and hit hard that awesome blizt too much.. Well Bowman and Willis are doing great together for defense that awesome opposite!

LOL

He's only had one year as a starter, and he's not even in a contract year. So say we sign him right now, what if he doesn't live up to it, what if he takes a career injury... TWO YEAR'S before we need to talk about this. /THREAD!
We can keep both of them for the rest of their careers for cheaper than it will be for the lions to lock up CJ for the rest of his. Worth it in my opinion
plus the cap will go up significantly in 2014; therefore, there's room to sign bowman and company...
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Bowman is better than Willis. Even take out the all important INT he had and Bowman outperformed Willis

, Thinking not sr. Sure Bowman had a great game. Over all Willis is still better in my eyes... During Willis's senior season at Ole Miss, he received the Butkus Award and the Jack Lambert Award as the nation's top linebacker. A year later as a member of the 49ers, Willis led the NFL in tackles, earned first-team All-Pro and Pro Bowl honors while being named the 2007 AP NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year. Willis has earned Pro Bowl and All-Pro honors in all five years he has played in the NFL. He is the only player to receive the Butkus Award for best linebacker in more than one category. He won the college Butkus Award in 2006 while at Ole Miss and in 2009, he won the professional Butkus Award while with the San Francisco 49ers.

Did you copy and paste a whole paragraph on Willis from the 49ers website or something? Don't get me wrong, Willis is still very good, but I thought Bowman was better than Willis last season and Bowman certainly outperformed Willis today. Willis is great but Bowman has been greater lately

WIKI muahahha. Bowman also fits the defense we ran. Jim said it was a gameplanning decision, and clearly bowman had practice in it and willis didn't. So he got more snaps it seems, of coarse he's going to look better, besides your not going to run at willis anyways, that's called game planing the running game.. Also willis look hurt he's the only linebacker who played the entire preseason.

So let me get this straight, you don't run at Willis, but instead run at the guy who was even better than Willis last year. Sure. Makes sense.

The man love for Willis is intense around here. I still give Willis the benefit of the doubt because he's been dominant for a longer period of time, but Bowman has been every bit as good as - sometimes better than - Willis since he's been a starter.

We need to lock this guy up. Goldson can and will be replaced along with everyone else on the defense not named Willis, Aldon or Justin Smith.
He's only had one year as a starter, and he's not even in a contract year. So say we sign him right now, what if he doesn't live up to it, what if he takes a career injury... TWO YEAR'S before we need to talk about this. /THREAD!

Yeah that is true and very exactly it!
Share 49ersWebzone