LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

Sign Bowman Now $$$$$$

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pd24:
I think we can let Goldson walk next year and let Cox take ove the FS spot. He can cover better. Im going to keep an eye on him this year, sofar so good.

So your plan is to replace a pro bowl safety with a backup corner
Originally posted by walker807:

Like someone said before, our FS is a plug and play spot, no? I think everyone should agree that while Goldson is fast, has a good eye for the ball, and can lay a hit down, his season was only pretty good. I think his pro bowl spot was mostly a product of our overall defensive performance.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by pd24:
I think we can let Goldson walk next year and let Cox take ove the FS spot. He can cover better. Im going to keep an eye on him this year, sofar so good.

There is no way to keep everyone. They can't pay both Goldson and Bowman, and the Aldon in a few years. They will draft a safety but do you have a better idea?
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by blm7754:
I don't think Bowman will get a long term deal. We are going to have to get used to the idea of some turnover on defense. Our starting 11 on defense are going to get more and more expensive. We won't be able to keep all.

And if Smith and Crabtree keep performing like they did yesterday all season, they will get much more expensive to keep around.

Bowman is more valuable than Carlos Rogers, Goldson and even Soap.
That's fine, He still won't get a new deal, they will work it out after next season, or during it. Carlos is signed, Goldson and Soap are up for new deals next season. I'd keep goldson over soap he's younger, and we have a great dline coach. We need to extend Justin Smith, Akers, Randy Moss, Donte,T. Brown which would be the biggest issue we need to keep him... Cox, Goodwin, D walker, Mario!!! All these guys deals in after this season or in 2013! We don't need to jump all over bowman's deal this year. We have a lot of core defensive players that will need new deals, and also backups that along the Dline and Linebacker, that are up in 2012!

Agree, the only players I like to keep are Justin, Akers, Randy, Donte, and Brown, Also Cox, and Goodwin. Everyone else can walk, Goldson unless he get it that no one is giving him 30 million + and Brown and Cox and Culliver will be the future after carlos. We can lock up Cox long term without a hugh deal, and Brown is well worth it, how many Cb's can make that play deep? Brown also rated seventh among all cornerbacks, allowing a reception only every 15.3 snaps in coverage last season. KEEP PLEASE
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Sep 10, 2012 at 8:12 PM ]
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by blm7754:
I don't think Bowman will get a long term deal. We are going to have to get used to the idea of some turnover on defense. Our starting 11 on defense are going to get more and more expensive. We won't be able to keep all.

And if Smith and Crabtree keep performing like they did yesterday all season, they will get much more expensive to keep around.

Bowman is more valuable than Carlos Rogers, Goldson and even Soap.
That's fine, He still won't get a new deal, they will work it out after next season, or during it. Carlos is signed, Goldson and Soap are up for new deals next season. I'd keep goldson over soap he's younger, and we have a great dline coach. We need to extend Justin Smith, Akers, Randy Moss, Donte,T. Brown which would be the biggest issue we need to keep him... Cox, Goodwin, D walker, Mario!!! All these guys deals in after this season or in 2013! We don't need to jump all over bowman's deal this year. We have a lot of core defensive players that will need new deals, and also backups that along the Dline and Linebacker, that are up in 2012!

Thats the thing with our depth this year and going forward with the way we draft. Somw guys will not be brought back. We draft for depth now and our draft pick won't play much this year. they will be used to fill open spots in years to come and they will keep using the draft to stock up on lost talent. this was the plan and this is the first year we are seeing it in full effect. Rookies will be groomed and will play when needed to fill an open spot.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Bowman is an absolute beast but if we fail to keep him for the long term, we still have Grant.
is that supposed to be a consolation prize? lol

Lock up Bowman!
[ Edited by SFrush on Sep 10, 2012 at 11:46 AM ]
deion was making his stupid ass im smarter than you you must be crazy voice when someone said the 49ers think bowman is just as good as willis. willis still has the edge but im pretty sure theyre close enough to compare themselves like that its just willis has been doin it longer. either way, deion is a loud mouth douche with a bigass head
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
deion was making his stupid ass im smarter than you you must be crazy voice when someone said the 49ers think bowman is just as good as willis. willis still has the edge but im pretty sure theyre close enough to compare themselves like that its just willis has been doin it longer. either way, deion is a loud mouth douche with a bigass head

Deion is one of the greastest professional atheletes this country has ever seen. When he speaks about defensive talent you would be wise to listen
He's a great player but we're a very talented team and eventually it's going to be a numbers game and we're going to lose some talented players. All I'm going to say I trust the organization to lock up the right guys.
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Deion is one of the greastest professional atheletes this country has ever seen. When he speaks about defensive talent you would be wise to listen
as a commentator hes a dumbass, of all the ex player athletes on nfl talk shows the only one who ever brings anything to the table is steve young, troy aikman sometimes, marshall faulk at times and maybe one or two others. deion is a loud mouth, michael irvine i like more than deion but he still sounds like hes semi retarded when he gets excited. dukes knows NOTHING, baldinger is biased against a ton of teams and i dont remember too many others but there are tons like shannon sharp too. sterling sharp is alright some times. but f**k that, deion sanders is just a loud mouth dumbass who always thinks hes right. if the niners players and coaches think that then who is deion to say otherwise and try to make people look folish for sayin it?

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I dont think the niners are gonna be able to afford to re-sign Bowman. Probably gonna have to franchise him and entertain trade ideas.
lol, the niners will be able to afford Bowman. They will find a way. You do not let a talent like this go. (perhaps the best mlb in football)
Originally posted by susweel:
I dont think the niners are gonna be able to afford to re-sign Bowman. Probably gonna have to franchise him and entertain trade ideas.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

It's a simple numbers game you can't dump too much money into one position. We already paid Pat and we gonna have to pay Aldon, if you wonna re-sign Bowman you gonna have to dump Pat. It's something to think about but for now let's just enjoy what we got.
It's a simple numbers game you can't dump too much money into one position. We already paid Pat and we gonna have to pay Aldon, if you wonna re-sign Bowman you gonna have to dump Pat. It's something to think about but for now let's just enjoy what we got.

No way do they let Pat walk under any circumstances. In fact unless they know something we don't both guys are going to play their entire careers here.
Share 49ersWebzone