LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

Cheers to the best defense in the NFL!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
All Rodgers had was the dink and dunk. The Defense took away the run, the long pass and the intermediate pass. When they ran on first down it was as if they wasted a play. Rodgers is very lucky from a health standpoint, he was left unprotected on his scrambles. He's a very good QB but what else does the team have?
A running back from the retread mill, a tight end that whined on every play, corners that can't cover, a long haired linebacker that's a one trick pony. They remind me of the Houston Gamblers. The run and shoot, the spread, the fun and gun, the shotgun with Billy Kilmer and on and on and on.
The defense pwned the Packers today. 2 of their TD's were gift-wrapped by the refs today. Score should have been more like 30-10.

Originally posted by SofaKing:
The defense pwned the Packers today. 2 of their TD's were gift-wrapped by the refs today. Score should have been more like 30-10.

this! i cant believe they didnt call back that return by cobb...dixon got blasted from behind!
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Defense was dominant today. Only giving up 14 points to the Packers offense in Green Bay is awesome
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Defense was dominant today. Only giving up 14 points to the Packers offense in Green Bay is awesome

im so shocked.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Cheers to the best team in the NFL!

What's our rankings?? Good job Aldon and Brooks each got a sack...

shoulda had atleast two more but the punk ass refs let rodgers get away with intentional grounding twice
Originally posted by JimsSweatshirt:
Great Defense!

Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Brown and Goldson messed up on the TD play. Miscommunicate. One thought the other wasn't where he would be.

That's the type of thing that happens when the pass rush doesn't get there.

WTF are you talking about? Is that a jab at the lack of pass rush? The Niners defense just dominated the MVP QB and his offense on the road so you are going to nit pick how they did it? Save it.

Fangio's game plan was brilliant and was executed almost perfectly by the D. So what if they scored that one touchdown. It's the 15-1 Green Bay Packers they were playing, not the Miami Dolphins or Cleveland Browns. They were going to score sometime. The Niners won the game convincingly on the biggest stage. Give credit where credit is due.
I love how Aldon Smith was talking s**t to Aaron Rodgers all game. They were not intimidated at all.
The best part about the officiating is our guys overcame it. The interception by bowman and run by Gore was as cold blooded as it gets.
[ Edited by TheRatMan13 on Sep 10, 2012 at 7:35 AM ]

I freaking love our D!! So exciting to watch
Yeah, we changed the personnel packages a bit but essentially had the exact same philosophy as last year...play deep, give up the underneath, give up yards but not many TD's or deep gains save for scrambles (moderate pressure with confusing coverage schemes).

The ONLY criticism I could come up with is regards to Vic not having faith in the strengths of his secondary to be physical up at the LOS and as a result, gave these guys clean releases. This was especially true on 3rd downs, when we blitzed and at the goal line (twice). I'd like to see them get up in their face and bring that nasty attitude across the board (not just from the LBers and S's).
Did they tried to stop Cobb --- or did they even cared... Seems like he had a good game though.
We practically shut down Rodgers, but not that quick guy Cobb or w/e his name is, he accounted for most of their points right..

Dude is fast but shouldn't have gotten that PR TD, damn replacement refs
so did they still count smiths sack? cuz i know it was showing the dumb saints game so i missed it....i know it was a dumb unsportsman like called......it didnt take the sack away?
Share 49ersWebzone