LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Cheers to the best defense in the NFL!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
another statement game next week...IN PRIMETIME!!!

Lol they were neck-n-neck with the rams at home. Next week we have them at home on Sunday night.

Did you not see our performance today?

Lions will pose no challenge.
The Lions are going to get it. They're watching the game thinking they're in for some smash mouth football.
Originally posted by sizzle86:
Lol they were neck-n-neck with the rams at home. Next week we have them at home on Sunday night.

Did you not see our performance today?

Lions will pose no challenge.

Freddy P. Soft will get his butt kicked if he even tries to sniff our locker room!
Cedric Benson's longest rush was 4 yards, that is amazing.
Originally posted by 49ersreppin415:

No rushing TD's yet this year.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by 49ersreppin415:

No rushing TD's yet this year.

That was mostly 6 in the box and sometimes even 5... I think. Don't hold me to that though. Got to watch it again.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Cheers to the best team in the NFL!

What's our rankings?? Good job Aldon and Brooks each got a sack...

Yeah, literally, the only criticism I could possibly have was Fangio playing off the WR's so much (free passes for EASY catches). I'd like to see our DB be much more physical up at the LOS (we have the guys esp. with Goldson. Whitner, Culliver, Cox, Rogers & Brown)...and the one that STILL drives me crazy from last year; where we bring a blitz and then also play off giving the QB-WR hot read a simple pitch-n-catch. If you're going to blitz, play physical up at the LOS b/c you know you only need to cover for a few seconds. Hate that!

Anyway, gave up a load of yards through the air, none on the ground, hit some fools, interesting looks with Willis/Brooks on the sidelines, Aldon rushing from LDE (his opposite side), etc.
Originally posted by susweel:
They really impressed me today I didn't think they would be able to hold Rogers down like the way they did. Great job

Rodgers*
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Yeah, I think we just played our toughest opponent this year, with the Patriots being a close second.

Don't overlook at NO on a short week. Not easy no matter how they looked today.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Yeah, literally, the only criticism I could possibly have was Fangio playing off the WR's so much (free passes for EASY catches). I'd like to see our DB be much more physical up at the LOS (we have the guys esp. with Goldson. Whitner, Culliver, Cox, Rogers & Brown)...and the one that STILL drives me crazy from last year; where we bring a blitz and then also play off giving the QB-WR hot read a simple pitch-n-catch. If you're going to blitz, play physical up at the LOS b/c you know you only need to cover for a few seconds. Hate that!

Anyway, gave up a load of yards through the air, none on the ground, hit some fools, interesting looks with Willis/Brooks on the sidelines, Aldon rushing from LDE (his opposite side), etc.

I don't blame Fangio on that at all. GB's WRs are fast and can get down field quick. I think Fangio was willing to give up the 3-5 yard easy passes instead of getting beat deep once. Our secondary was in position ALL NIGHT on the deep ball. They played hella good against that great passing attack.

However, I wish we did play closer coverage on 3rd and short. Those 3rd downs were so easy to make for Rodgers. Still, better than being torched for a 40 yard pass instead of giving up a 5 yard first down.

Ya fangio don't know s**t
What a great defensive game plan and then adjustments made during the game. That was phenomenal. I've never seen that alignment before with this team, but that just shows you how masterful Vic Fangio is. At times I wondered why they didn't rush more, but this defense showed up and answered a lot of questions.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
another statement game next week...IN PRIMETIME!!!

Detroit is overrated. They barely beat St. Louis at home.

Not a team you can take lightly. Definitely a statement game for us...and they will be ready. I expect us to be ready as well...so it should be a fun game! Sunday night game....HELL YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I think the defensive game plan was 3 fold. First we had 4 man front to control the run. Then when the Packers can't run the ball they started to throw more. We then put 3 rusher and had the rest in coverage. This frustrate Rodgers who couldn't find much of anything down field. He started throwing short passes --getting somewhat impatient, wasting time in the pocket looking downfield when nothing was there. He started to scamble but we will take that over getting beat with his passing. Then we start jumping on the short routes -- thus the Bowman INT and the almost INT by Whitner. Late in the game when we know they are in come back mode with no chance of running the ball, we rushed 4 and sometimes blitz to go after Rodgers. The Whitner dropped INT was off a blitz on his side BTW.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 9, 2012 at 10:34 PM ]
Originally posted by ElDannMann:

I don't blame Fangio on that at all. GB's WRs are fast and can get down field quick. I think Fangio was willing to give up the 3-5 yard easy passes instead of getting beat deep once. Our secondary was in position ALL NIGHT on the deep ball. They played hella good against that great passing attack.

However, I wish we did play closer coverage on 3rd and short. Those 3rd downs were so easy to make for Rodgers. Still, better than being torched for a 40 yard pass instead of giving up a 5 yard first down.

I don't blame Fangio for that, but I do blame him 100% for rushing three men on Green Bay's last TD scoring drive. When he did that last season, it hurt us in several games, and almost cost us the Giants game in the regular season. I can't believe he did it again. It made the game close.
Share 49ersWebzone