There are 140 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49er Fans • Please take a moment and give thanks...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/09000d5d8003b4fc/Redskins-52-49ers-17

I was at that game. UGH! What a nightmare. We left before Gore's run too. I remember they were sponsored by Papa John's and they were doing some special where you get one free topping for each touchdown the Redskins scored that game. Near the end people were chanting "TEN POUND PIZZA! TEN POUND PIZZA!" Pissed me off at the time, but now I think it's pretty funny.

Cheers to better years ahead of us.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
McDrunk was a big part of building our current roster. The teams may have lost a lot of games when he was with the 49ers but that was on coaching, not him. His only downfall was never getting a competent head coach. I'm happy we have someone better in Baalke but McDrunk was an above average talent evaluator when he was with the 49ers.

Derek Smith doesn't belong on the list either, he was a good player on a bad team(unfortunate for him). There are a ton of players who deserve to be poster boys before him.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Running... not even wanting to look back on those f*ckers.

My thoughts exactly! The bad certainly makes us appreciate the good we had last year. That Saints game, the elation of the fans...it was way more than just a playoff win. It was the pure validation that we are back and the hell is finally over!
FEELS SO GOOD TO BE RELEVANT IN THE NFL AGAIN! MY GOD ITS BEEN SO LONG! LOOKING FORWARD TO SUNDAYS NEVER FELT SOOOO GOOD!
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
being superstitious ...this post is too early...without having played one regular season game yet

Nah, just happy we're even relevant. Progress is the focus here. This isn't a proclamation of dominance, but rather that we've crawled out of the 5-6 win hole. This team will at the very least go 8-8.
Singletary shouldn't be on the list. He wasn't an Xs and Os guy and failed to ever get a quality OC. But he began the culture change with the team. Leader of men...but not head coach material. But it's good to be away from the years of ken dorsey and Cody Pickett. I remember the Cody chants at the stick....wow.
Originally posted by KevanBarlow:
Singletary shouldn't be on the list. He wasn't an Xs and Os guy and failed to ever get a quality OC. But he began the culture change with the team. Leader of men...but not head coach material. But it's good to be away from the years of ken dorsey and Cody Pickett. I remember the Cody chants at the stick....wow.

I think you just proved WHY he's on the list.

And Singletary had Mike Martz and let him go... the same Mike Martz that led Cutler & the Bears to the NFC Championship game.

Sorry, I have no empathy for Mike Singletary.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Sep 6, 2012 at 12:18 PM ]
Originally posted by NickSh49:
being superstitious ...this post is too early...without having played one regular season game yet

Nah, just happy we're even relevant. Progress is the focus here. This isn't a proclamation of dominance, but rather that we've crawled out of the 5-6 win hole. This team will at the very least go 8-8.

i get it...but 1 year is not a streak and what if $hit happens and go into another 8 year drought ?

Lets get year two out of the way...because even though we went 13-3...it wasn't like we just breezed through teams...and the outcome could have been a lot different.
Originally posted by DVDA:
McDrunk was a big part of building our current roster. The teams may have lost a lot of games when he was with the 49ers but that was on coaching, not him. His only downfall was never getting a competent head coach. I'm happy we have someone better in Baalke but McDrunk was an above average talent evaluator when he was with the 49ers.

Derek Smith doesn't belong on the list either, he was a good player on a bad team(unfortunate for him). There are a ton of players who deserve to be poster boys before him.

I credit Nolan more than McClueless. When he took over as GM in 2008 the next two drafts were absolutely terrible. Nolan had final say in 05, 06, and, 07. He's also the one that took Justin Smith on the helicopter ride to get him to sign.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by DVDA:

I credit Nolan more than McClueless. When he took over as GM in 2008 the next two drafts were absolutely terrible. Nolan had final say in 05, 06, and, 07. He's also the one that took Justin Smith on the helicopter ride to get him to sign.

YES. Nolan helicopter ride for the win!!!!

i get it...but 1 year is not a streak and what if $hit happens and go into another 8 year drought ?

Lets get year two out of the way...because even though we went 13-3...it wasn't like we just breezed through teams...and the outcome could have been a lot different.

Said nothing about a streak. I hear ya tho.
Originally posted by KevanBarlow:

I think you just proved WHY he's on the list.

And Singletary had Mike Martz and let him go... the same Mike Martz that led Cutler & the Bears to the NFC Championship game.

Sorry, I have no empathy for Mike Singletary.
I totally agree, I remember when he fired Mike Martz. Thats when I said maybe SIngletary is not going to be good.. I did not expect him to be one of the Worst NFL coaches ever though.
[ Edited by bassmanr on Sep 6, 2012 at 12:59 PM ]
Ummm....technically Scott and Nolan built the nucleus of this team. Can't hate on them for that.
Originally posted by bassmanr:
I totally agree, I remember when he fired Mike Martz. Thats when I said maybe SIngletary is not going to be good.. I did not expect him to be one of the Worst NFL coaches ever though.

It's not like Singletary even has that locked up.

Plenty of competition from this guy. It's a handshake scuffle in the Hall of Shame between those two.