LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

49er Fans • Please take a moment and give thanks...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I was at that game in Washington in '05. Oh f**k, I was pissed.
SUPERBOWL!!!
Derek Smith does not belong on this list. That dude gave everything he had including one of his eyes.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

I was at the Seattle game up in Seattle where we lost 24-0... Hopefully those days are long gone, it was a rough trip to stomach!
[ Edited by Lott49ersFan on Sep 6, 2012 at 7:31 AM ]
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

I was at the Seattle game up in Seattle where we lost 24-0... Hopefully those days are long gone, it was a rough trip to stomach!

I thought I had it pretty good on my flight home back to Florida as I was flying into Orlando airport during hurricane Wilma. Power was out at the airport and people were scared to death on the approach to land, but that was nothing compared to the s**t I felt during that game. ...Ah, the good times!
It was the dark ages for sure. However, in Erickson's first year if the team had signed a competent kicker we make the playoffs. Nolan had no experience and was given the keys to the whole operation in his first year, unheard of. Nolan and Singletary had zero experience running a team and it showed. They both called time-outs after the first play of a game, something in all my years of following football I had never seen. Cody Pickett starting a game in Chicago and completing one pass the entire game. Being a Niner fan I watched or listened to every game until the end. I would disown them Sunday night and by the following Saturday I couldn't wait for the next game. I didn't even dream playoffs. If the team didn't get blown out it was a victory. How things have changed. Going through that decade makes it so much sweeter now.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
MARK ROMAN WAS THE WORST

Oh, man.

Thank god we don't have any players that we HATE anymore (besides Kyle Williams)
at least KW has some potential talent to be something and not a total scrub.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
meh. no need to even think about this past. just a waste of brain power.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Something still lingers from that era.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Something still lingers from that era.
i am pretty sure with the removal of chilo and spencer last year, the stench of the previous regimes has been removed
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:
MARK ROMAN WAS THE WORST

Oh, man.

Thank god we don't have any players that we HATE anymore (besides Kyle Williams)
at least KW has some potential talent to be something and not a total scrub.
Just because you have an illogical hate for kyle williams that does not mean "WE" hate him. i do not wish to be lumped into that group
  • Jiks
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by Rathman_44:
Gotta disagree with Derek Smith. Dude was a beast until he wound up truning into a cyclops due to injury. The guy still tried to play 1-eyed.

Agreed. I'm glad we're out of those god awful dark, dismal days of SF football but Derek Smith was a pretty damn good players until that injury.

Agree, Ulbrich and Smith were probably one of our only bright spots back then.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Just because you have an illogical hate for kyle williams that does not mean "WE" hate him. i do not wish to be lumped into that group

I don't hate KW.
But I'm sure there are some people who still hate him on this board.

Of all the players on this team, he'd be the guy people would have a reason to 'hate' ... thats all I was saying.
Share 49ersWebzone